Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Which Covid vaccine? Asap
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:17 pm
I’m iyH getting vaccinated today and they said I can chose to get either pfizer or moderna.. which one??

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:19 pm
I hear ppl chosing moderns over Pfizer. They say less side effects.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:26 pm
I had pfeizer and did not have side effects besides for a sore arm. My husband had moderna and he had side effects. He also had covid and I never did which I heard makes a difference in regards to side effects.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:29 pm
It doesn't matter. Everyone has different reactions. Good luck!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:32 pm
I’m getting the maderna next week iyh. I think it’s 80% effective after the first shot, and Pfizer is 50%. Or something like that. And there are fewer side effects. Good luck!

Dalia

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:33 pm
I heard PFizer has less additives, and a smaller dose of the actual active ingredient

smss

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 12:41 pm
https://www.reuters.com/articl.....8T01E

Pfizer a TEENY TINY bit more effective, and less chance of side effects than Moderna- although allergic reactions were seen more with Pfizer, but they're still EXTREMELY rare.

Also with Pfizer you'll finish the process sooner- shots 21 days apart instead of 28.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:41 pm
Pfizer has been said to cover the new strains. That’s what I got, and am recommending. Of course the main thing is to get vaccinated. Only split hairs if you actually have a choice.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 1:58 pm
More that one shot is needed???? This is new information.

doctorima

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:09 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

Not new at all. Both Pfizer and Moderna are two-shot vaccines and always have been. Johnson and Johnson is working on a one-dose vaccine and should have results as early as the end of next week, but its efficacy is still unknown, and it is not yet approved by the FDA for use.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:13 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I’m getting the maderna next week iyh. I think it’s 80% effective after the first shot, and Pfizer is 50%. Or something like that. And there are fewer side effects. Good luck!
where did you schedule your appointment?

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:19 pm
doctorima wrote:
Not new at all. Both Pfizer and Moderna are two-shot vaccines and always have been. Johnson and Johnson is working on a one-dose vaccine and should have results as early as the end of next week, but its efficacy is still unknown, and it is not yet approved by the FDA for use.

Oh, I didn't know this.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:23 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
where did you schedule your appointment?

In my rehab facility in Nowheresville, USA LOL I can ask them if I can bring a Plus One, if you’d like!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:24 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:

It’s given in 2 phases, like many shots that come with a booster

HakarasHatov

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:28 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
In my rehab facility in Nowheresville, USA LOL I can ask them if I can bring a Plus One, if you’d like!
Humm if one gets desperate, now I know there are other route to get the vaccine😉

Mothers

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:29 pm
Go with Pfizer. If you get Pfizer, you can get the second dose in 3 weeks (vs. 4 weeks for Moderna) and it’s effective one week after second dose (vs. 2 weeks for Moderna). If you get Pfizer, you should be protected in 4 weeks, but if you get Moderna it will take 6 weeks.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I had pfeizer and did not have side effects besides for a sore arm. My husband had moderna and he had side effects. He also had covid and I never did which I heard makes a difference in regards to side effects.

I have heard (and definitely seen to be the case anecdotally), that people who’ve never had Covid pretty much only have pain at the injection site (sore arm) after the vaccine and people who have had Covid also have a day or so of feeling like they have the flu or Covid again. This is the case for both Pfizer and Moderna though.

I’d go with Pfizer for the same reason mothers said. I’m counting down the days till I’m finally immune and Pfizer gives immunity quicker!

srbmom

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:17 pm
My DH got the Moderna and had a sore arm for 3 days. He never had COVID

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:23 pm
srbmom wrote:
My DH got the Moderna and had a sore arm for 3 days. He never had COVID

Me too (moderna, never had Covid, sore arm for three days)... I think a sore arm is an across the board side effect for everyone whether they’ve had Covid or not and whether they take Pfizer or moderna.

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 5:44 pm
I had a sore for for days after the shingrix (shingles) vaccine.
I just took the maderna Ill let you know how it goes. My husband took the pfizer and was asleep by 8:00 PM that night- he was exhausted.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics