Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Just for fun poll: how much do masks bother you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

How much does your mask bother you?
I don’t feel it at all  
 3%  [ 16 ]
I feel it a bit  
 11%  [ 47 ]
It’s slightly bothersome  
 23%  [ 99 ]
After 20 minutes or so it’s not easy to keep on  
 13%  [ 58 ]
It’s always bothersome. I can’t breathe normally.  
 35%  [ 149 ]
It’s terrible. I can barely wear it. I feel like I’m choking with it. I prefer not to go out.  
 11%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 419

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:05 pm
FYI, this works pretty well to prevent glasses fogging. https://nerdwax.com/products/f.....D_BwE

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:08 pm
I'm sensory and I wear glasses. They definitely fog up. I usually have an issue for the first ten minutes after I put it on, am fine for half an hour or so after, and then start to feel it again. Basically, if anything on my body hurts, I'll notice the mask. Also, the ear loops often bother me. And there's a science to positioning the mask and the glasses on the nose that often makes things awkward there. But I still go out and do things. I just try for it not to require wearing for more than an hour and a half straight.

I got an MRI the other day. I get them often, including closed, no problem. In a mask, I got so claustrophobic I started crying.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:31 pm
I found it very interesting to note that my 11 year old daughter has been impeccable with her mask wearing.
She never made a fuss about it and did it because it made sense.
Then she caught covid, and since then she has been making a fuss when she has to wear the mask and that she can't breathe in it.
Now that she doesn't see any logic to her wearing it (since she caught covid already), her mask has become intolerable in a very stark way.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 2:45 pm
I tried so many different kind of masks. They are all difficult to wear( and fog up my glasses). My throat hurts for the next hour once I remove it.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:13 pm
Whenever I wear one my throat starts hurting and I get strep. Same with my kids. Never mind what it does to my skin

Einikel

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:22 pm
Annoying but bearable but awful when wearing glasses

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:24 pm
I also tried many kinds of anti-fog products. They don't work.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 3:40 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
I also tried many kinds of anti-fog products. They don't work.

Me too. I remove my glasses in the store. So I can’t see and can’t breath. Therefore we stick to online at this point.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:07 pm
Hate it. Thankfully I only remember they exist when venturing into secular places or doctors office.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:18 pm
Anyone else feels.like their face gets dry from it ? Skin dry?
Im breathing in my own breath and somehow it dries out my skin so I always need to moisturize after wearing it for long amounts of time.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:22 pm
Hate them but wear them all day, everyday. Yes, I prefer to say home and order online than go to a store. Doing my part to keep both my family and community safe. Even if you argue that they are not helping (which I don’t agree with), I am not willing to have on my chesbon that I was to selfish to follow rules and that I was the reason someone got sick or C”VS died. I’m here on Hashem’s earth to make the world a better place, not to bring or spread harm.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 4:29 pm
I hate them. I get dizzy after a couple of minutes. For those rare occasions that I'm forced to wear it all day, I bought a little cage-like thing on Amazon that I wear behind the mask. It pushes the mask away from my face and allows me to breathe almost normally.

tichellady

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 7:29 pm
Really didn’t like them at first but am now used to it. People can get used to hard things! I strongly believe they help prevent spread and so I am serious about wearing one when outside

Window

Post Fri, Jan 15 2021, 7:46 pm
Not related to your answers:
1. Messes up my shaitel truck behind my ears
2. My glasses Fog up
3. I have to talk louder and get thirstier quicker

Shuly

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:38 am
I can't stand wearing the disposable masks. They are itchy and uncomfortable and I have trouble breathing in them.
But I bought a cotton mask from a local seamstress that is amazing! It's super soft and has 3 layers of cotton. It fits tight under my glasses so they don't fog up as much and I can wear it for hours without a problem.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 11:53 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I used to be fine with it but now I'm pregnant and it's awful, the masks make me itchy, sweaty, nauseous etc and I have to wear it all day at work

Same! I didn't understand what the big deal was about wearing masks. I wore them no problem. Until I got pregnant. But I don't need to wear it all day BH

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 2:03 pm
I'm very (very very) sensory and hate masks. Plus they give me acne, fog my glasses, block my vision when babywearing, bother my chin incessantly, make me itch and sweat, make it hard to breathe (have to concentrate). I'm still a pro-masker because masks save lives.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 3:08 pm
I've found them easier to deal with since the weather got colder. The fogged up glasses is a nuisance, but doesn't happen too much. In the summer breathing warm, moist air was awful. Now the heat dissipates very rapidly, and breathing is easier. I've also got thin cotton masks, which I find a lot more wearable than disposable ones. Hoping that by the time the weather gets hotter, we won't need to wear masks any more!

4g01o

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 3:11 pm
It's different in summer and winter.
Summer is much more unbearable, in winter they're OK for a quick trip to the stores etc. I don't live in a hot climate but the summer was harder especially when spending time in a clothing store. Now they're all shut anyway so it's really not too bothersome at the moment.

amother
White

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 4:32 pm
I am 18 weeks pregnant and finding it harder and harder to wear a mask. Really because I get out of breathe easier.

Usually when I'm walking up hills or power walking it's in empty places so I can pull it down. This past shabbos I walked up flights of stairs in a building and it was so much harder for me in a mask than it was a few weeks ago.

It's not harder for me if I'm not huffing and puffing. Sitting around or walking leisurely in stores is not an issue.

Either way unless I'm alone and outdoors I will continue wearing a mask as being pregnant makes me higher risk.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics