Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Just for fun poll: how much do masks bother you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

How much does your mask bother you?
I don’t feel it at all  
 3%  [ 16 ]
I feel it a bit  
 11%  [ 47 ]
It’s slightly bothersome  
 23%  [ 99 ]
After 20 minutes or so it’s not easy to keep on  
 13%  [ 58 ]
It’s always bothersome. I can’t breathe normally.  
 35%  [ 149 ]
It’s terrible. I can barely wear it. I feel like I’m choking with it. I prefer not to go out.  
 11%  [ 50 ]
Total Votes : 419

grace413

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 5:01 pm
Hate wearing a mask. So uncomfortable. Glad I'm home most of the time but I of course do wear it when I'm out.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:01 pm
Masks bother me and so do stockings and sheital but I wear all of them because I believe that is what H-shm wants me to do.

weirdo

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:10 pm
When I'm out I like wearing it cus it warms up my nose when it's freezing cold lol

imasinger

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:11 pm
I double mask inside while teaching music in the classroom with a P94 and a Happy Mask or surgical mask on top. It bothered my ears more than anything, so I got a button headband, and now it's fine.

I figure if people can adjust to lower oxygen levels at higher altitudes, I can certainly adjust to wearing a double mask, even when needing enough breath to lead singing.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:14 pm
They bother me and if I wear them a long time it makes my nose runs . I like the reusable ones I don't like the smell of the disposable ones. My glasses didnt fog in the beginning then a got a new pair and they fog after a while it's usually ok .I don't have to wear one most of the day but if I did I would I don't complain I can handle it but I rather not having to wear one. I don't avoid going out not to wear one .

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:15 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I don't believe you that you breathe fine with 2 masks on. Hashem didn't create our mouths and nose to be able to be covered all day and still be able to breathe fine.

Back in the beginning of the pandemic, I would take my O2 levels for fun with my oximeter. It was always between 98-100. It got boring after a while Smile
I can breathe fine, but it gets a bit sweaty now in January when most of my patients have their heat cranked up to 90. Plus, the bridge of my nose is raw.

icebreaker

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:17 pm
If I could find a mask that doesn’t make my glasses fog up when I breathe, I’ll be a happy camper! That’s really my only complaint.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:19 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Ouch that’s painful.

This poll is not only about not breathing properly- it’s also about being bothersome on others ways.

For me I’m pretty sensory so I chose after 20 minutes I’m done. It’s hard for me to have something always on my face. Bh I don’t wear glasses- I wouldn’t handle it on my nose all day.

If you had glasses you might have no choice. Same with masks right now.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 6:19 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Ouch that’s painful.

This poll is not only about not breathing properly- it’s also about being bothersome on others ways.

For me I’m pretty sensory so I chose after 20 minutes I’m done. It’s hard for me to have something always on my face. Bh I don’t wear glasses- I wouldn’t handle it on my nose all day.

I don’t have a choice to be done after 20 min! After about 2 hours I can’t feel it anymore.
At the end of the day, I have marks from the N95 around my nose and mouth, and I have marks on my cheeks from the elastics.
It’s so funny because one of my coworkers is bald, and he gets an indent around his bald head from the N95 elastic.

Crookshanks

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:24 pm
I have a hard time breathing in them, which makes me dizzy from lack of oxygen\panic\claustrophobia. Not a lot of fun!

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 8:42 pm
I sweat a lot under them. I can't concentrate well, I bump in to stuff when I'm wearing a mask.

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:00 pm
I'm shocked at these poll results. Whenever I've said here that I can't wear a mask, I felt like I was the only one.
I'm the OP of the "what's the thinnest mask?" thread.
How many times did people here say it's a slight inconvenience and we're so selfish for complaining. Or that studies were done to test people's breathing with a mask and it showed no effect on breathing. And that drs wear them for long periods so we can too.
It's been almost a year and mask wearing hasn't gotten any easier.

PeanutMama

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 9:46 pm
Can’t stand it.

Can’t breathe cant see cuz it fogs up my glasses.
I struggle to breathe and I start getting dizzy cuz probably I’m breathing big gulps of air and barely breathing out a drop.
I constantly feel out of breath
Hate it hate it hate it.

SuperWify

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Hate them but wear them all day, everyday. Yes, I prefer to say home and order online than go to a store. Doing my part to keep both my family and community safe. Even if you argue that they are not helping (which I don’t agree with), I am not willing to have on my chesbon that I was to selfish to follow rules and that I was the reason someone got sick or C”VS died. I’m here on Hashem’s earth to make the world a better place, not to bring or spread harm.

As I respectfully requested in my op, please take your holy-then-thou preaching to another thread.

This thread is about commiserating on our situation. Nothing more.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:16 pm
SuperWify wrote:
As I respectfully requested in my op, please take your holy-then-thou preaching to another thread.

This thread is about commiserating on our situation. Nothing more.

Just piping up to thank that poster, and all posters who wear a mask even though it’s super uncomfortable.
Love, an overwhelmed healthcare worker
❤️

pizzapie

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:17 pm
To all those posters who said wearing a mask makes their glasses fog up: I bought these adhesive metal strips that you stick onto the mask and adjust over the bridge of your nose. They are a lifesaver. I dont know how to attach a link but they're from amazon, search for "metal nose strip for mask."

wiki

Post Sat, Jan 16 2021, 10:33 pm
I really don't enjoy how much they impede communication, and they sometimes fog up my glasses which is annoying, and I found them super uncomfortable in heat and humidity--but otherwise I rather like the way they feel.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:36 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Yes, it's so scary going down stairs, I feel like I'm about to fall. I hold on the the railing and go extra careful.

You and the person wearing a baby, PLEASE pull the mask down for the minute or two it takes you to go down the stairs. Gosh I'm terrified just reading this.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
When I put a mask on I automatically stop breathing. I must be super claustrophobic in a way I never knew. It's very difficult. Worse that I can't take my kids to normal routine appointments because of it.

THIS. I thought I was the only one. Every time I take off the mask I reflexively inhale deeply, like my breathing is shallow when I'm wearing it.

Also, I don't have a voice that carries in the best of circumstances, so having any conversation with a mask on is hard, usually not worth the effort.

I also hate not being able to read people's expressions, and knowing that they're not reading mine. And not recognizing people with half their face covered, some embarrassing moments there.

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 12:43 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
THIS. I thought I was the only one. Every time I take off the mask I reflexively inhale deeply, like my breathing is shallow when I'm wearing it.

Also, I don't have a voice that carries in the best of circumstances, so having any conversation with a mask on is hard, usually not worth the effort.

I also hate not being able to read people's expressions, and knowing that they're not reading mine. And not recognizing people with half their face covered, some embarrassing moments there.

Same same same
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics