Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tampa or North Miami??
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:07 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
I appreciate when there are differences in the community. That's what makes yiddishkeit beautiful. My husband and I are firm believers that chinuch is most important in the home. There are many kids who went to chassidish schools and went OTD. Nothing is a guarantee. That's why we are open to the idea. I just don't want to stand out and have it weird for our daughters to have a chassidishishish lifestyle and be made fun of. We don't care if they speak yiddish in school. I myself went to a regular bais Yaakov (I come from a heimish background) and happened to marry a chassidish boy. Who would think?!! But I never changed and neither did my husband. We know our standards and have a wonderful life that blends beautifully. I just wonder if the kids there (and families) appreciate differences and blend well as a community?

In general people are respectful. I'm confused why you asked if other mothers wear short sleeves if you really are worried about your kids payos.

There are a couple of chassidish families in nmb with levush.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
In general people are respectful. I'm confused why you asked if other mothers wear short sleeves if you really are worried about your kids payos.

There are a couple of chassidish families in nmb with levush.

I don't even have boys, maybe one day. I was just mentioning my husband's peyos to establish that we are not looking to move away to change. There are some people who move because of family differences situations and pressure so forth. I asked about the short sleeves only to get an idea of the school. In monsey the bais Yaakov schools, I think, will not be open to any moms who wear short sleeves. Those families would go to Ashar or something. Totally and never judging. I love and respect everyone just as I hope people will do for my family. I just want to get a glimpse on this platform about the NM community. Are there modern people, super yeshivish ppl, do people send to YES are a of mixed background but the kids mostly are respectful to their peers?

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:19 pm
My husband has a hit en rikel in the car to daven or go to a Simcha or somewhere he will need it. However, he does not wear it all day. He likes the confort of a polo and sneakers!!lol

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:23 pm
Doesn’t North Miami have a chassidish community? I would look into if someone is opening a school there.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 2:25 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Doesn’t North Miami have a chassidish community? I would look into if someone is opening a school there.

🤷That's what I would love to know?

bernadette

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:02 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
There are some areas in Monsey that are very suburban. Airmont, pomona, new new Hempstead. Airmont: high taxes, keeps going up and up if any renevations
Pomona/Pomona Heights: not for us lifestyle wise
New Hempstead: houses available but near new square and it will not work for us to live in the mile.

hum...I know that spring rock is within the mile and I do know some ppl living there, but I dont know if they have isuues because of it or not...
what about pennington /eilington area? or maybe grandview and union?

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:06 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
I don't even have boys, maybe one day. I was just mentioning my husband's peyos to establish that we are not looking to move away to change. There are some people who move because of family differences situations and pressure so forth. I asked about the short sleeves only to get an idea of the school. In monsey the bais Yaakov schools, I think, will not be open to any moms who wear short sleeves. Those families would go to Ashar or something. Totally and never judging. I love and respect everyone just as I hope people will do for my family. I just want to get a glimpse on this platform about the NM community. Are there modern people, super yeshivish ppl, do people send to YES are a of mixed background but the kids mostly are respectful to their peers?

There is every single kind of Jew in the NMB community and everyone gets along. You can't say that any school in Florida is one type- every school has its own mix of families.

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:06 pm

the residents are mostly older. I do know some younger people that lived there and moved back to NY

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:07 pm

No. There are very few chassidim there, not enough for a school at all.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:08 pm
cnc wrote:
the residents are mostly older. I do know some younger people that lived there and moved back to NY

Huh? NMB has tons of young families.

Frumme

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:14 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
I appreciate when there are differences in the community. That's what makes yiddishkeit beautiful. My husband and I are firm believers that chinuch is most important in the home. There are many kids who went to chassidish schools and went OTD. Nothing is a guarantee. That's why we are open to the idea. I just don't want to stand out and have it weird for our daughters to have a chassidishishish lifestyle and be made fun of. We don't care if they speak yiddish in school. I myself went to a regular bais Yaakov (I come from a heimish background) and happened to marry a chassidish boy. Who would think?!! But I never changed and neither did my husband. We know our standards and have a wonderful life that blends beautifully. I just wonder if the kids there (and families) appreciate differences and blend well as a community?

It sounds like you'd fit in in Miami. There are Chassidish families that live there year round and there are chassidish shuls (Kahal Chassidim is a shul that comes to mind). Maybe you could visit and see if the community is to your speed. It certainly won't be as chassidish as Monsey, but you won't be the only chassidim in North Miami

cnc

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Huh? NMB has tons of young families.

I’m referring specifically to the chassidish community.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:20 pm

there is no chasidish/ heimish community in Florida. It sounds like a nice place in theory... I don't see how you can raise a frum family in Miami without a proper (your type) of community. Good luck.

Maybe look into a small home in Jackson/ Toms River/ Brick....

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:22 pm
Tampa sounds like it would be a good fit.

mirelcakes

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 3:27 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Tampa sounds like it would be a good fit.

Hi! Do you have any information on Tampa?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:14 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
Hi! Do you have any information on Tampa?

Will pm you

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:27 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
So secular studies I'm not worried about because my oldest is 5 and I am very academically aware...I have a couple of Master degrees. I don't mind not having chassidish neighbors and such. I just want to know if there is a very bais Yaakov type there. In YES let's say are there moms who wear short sleeves......?

YES- for the most part Yeshivish Kolel - you won’t find any moms that wear shirt sleeves, but
YES- is not in North Miami Beach- it’s in Miami Beach I think 79-80 street, very close to Surfside

The school that is in North Miami Beach is Toras Emes - definitely orthodox but not yeshivish, you do have some mother’s that don’t cover their hair, may wear short sleeves,
BUT they are very respectful when they come to school and dress appropriately at school events and pick up

As far as BY- it is your typical Yeshivish BY, today. Years ago it was the only girls school so everyone that did not want a coed school went there. Today, their are other choices for those that want a girl’s school a little more open.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:06 pm
mirelcakes wrote:
My husband has a hit en rikel in the car to daven or go to a Simcha or somewhere he will need it. However, he does not wear it all day. He likes the confort of a polo and sneakers!!lol

What about Baltimore? They already have 50 chassidish families.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:20 pm
It really sounds like you would fit in in staten Island. While its in the city technically, it has a suburban feel. Maybe you should check it out

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
YES- for the most part Yeshivish Kolel - you won’t find any moms that wear shirt sleeves, but
YES- is not in North Miami Beach- it’s in Miami Beach I think 79-80 street, very close to Surfside

The school that is in North Miami Beach is Toras Emes - definitely orthodox but not yeshivish, you do have some mother’s that don’t cover their hair, may wear short sleeves,
BUT they are very respectful when they come to school and dress appropriately at school events and pick up

As far as BY- it is your typical Yeshivish BY, today. Years ago it was the only girls school so everyone that did not want a coed school went there. Today, their are other choices for those that want a girl’s school a little more open.

This is not true regarding yes. Yes, the more rw families often send there over team regardless of where they live. But there will always be some families that choose to send there and don't fit that mold at all, including mothers who don't cover their hair. There is no school rule regarding parents mode of dress.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating