Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Tampa or North Miami??
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:51 pm
How about Linden, NJ

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:09 pm
Linden is way too chassidish for the type of community she’s looking for

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:16 pm
Hi Tampa is sounding interesting to us. We have decided to go there too. I grew up out of town, but my husband is old Monsey, and he is looking forward to the warmer weather.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:32 pm
What type of crowd is the Tampa community?

Yiddishetuter

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 11:13 pm
Its a brand new community. Its open as if right now. They are trying to attract the younger families . All types of Chassidim. Personally, my opinion is that probably more open types will move so far from New York.
We don't mind being away from the crazy politics and costs of everything

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 9:28 am
Is it very chassidish or will a blended family, (I’m not chasidish but dh is) feel comfortable there too?

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 10:00 am
My husband was brought up Chassidic. I was not. One reason we are going is we both wanted to feel comfortable. Other communities were not a fit

Yiddishetuter

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 10:00 am
My husband was brought up Chassidic. I was not. One reason we are going is we both wanted to feel comfortable. Other communities were not a fit

emee2

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 2:45 pm
Would love to hear updates? Did anyone move to Tampa or NMB?

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:44 pm

Last edited by amother on Thu, Mar 16 2023, 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:49 pm
We have about 20 families in the Chassidic community in Tampa. Most are young with only a few children. Many of the women have learned how to drive, if they didn't already know. There is a Cheder with 6 boys, a Melamed and a play group for the girls (no school yet, not needed yet). We were written up about in the Pesach edition of the View.

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:56 pm
potato kugal wrote:
If you are undecided about the whole Florida and are still looking at places, I would put another vote for Baltimore.

I just moved from there. Not so Chassidic, Baltimore has a wonderful variety of Yidden, but a very small Chassidic community, and if you are specifically looking for a school that teaches in Yiddish, the Khal Chassidic Cheder only accepts students that are members of the Kollel families (unless that has changed that I am unaware of).

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:01 pm
Yiddishetuter wrote:
We have about 20 families in the Chassidic community in Tampa. Most are young with only a few children. Many of the women have learned how to drive, if they didn't already know. There is a Cheder with 6 boys, a Melamed and a play group for the girls (no school yet, not needed yet). We were written up about in the Pesach edition of the View.

Is the Chofetz Chaim community that's opening going to be nearby?

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 6:13 pm
I honestly don't know. They haven't said where they are planning on going

emee2

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 7:18 pm
Yiddishetuter wrote:

What is the oldest age of the kids? What type of chassidim? Where did the families mostly come from? Is there anywhere near to stay for a Shabbos or yontif to check it out?

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 7:52 pm
The oldest age of kids are 6-7 for boys, 3-4 for girls. There is a mixed Chassidish group. Skvere, Satmar, Belz, Rhizin. We all get along. The families wanted to move out of New York and start something new. We don't have all the conveniences of a big town. There is a kosher food delivery service called Kosher Kaddy, but he only has a small selection. Once a month I make a big order in Boca, and my husband goes to pick it up. For other things, there's always Amazon. Fortunately, there is a big Walmart near to us, where you can find many groceries (not meat or milk).
As far as coming to check it out, there are a few people who rent out their homes for Shabbos. The person to get in touch with for that would be Zevi Feldman 845-826-6599
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating