Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva darchei aliyah

jfk92

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:52 pm
Would anyone be able to share some current information about this school? Would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:09 pm
They teach based on Rabbi Riettis Al Pi Darko method, they learn all of Chumash, then start Mishnayos and do that well, then Gemara.

They are extremely hands on. They teach children to learn, as opposed to just teaching, they focus on the whole picture, they teach grammar so boys can take any passuk and understand it which is not the norm.
Instead of treating learning as learning and then the boys go home to "regular life" learning IS life.

I can't figure out why their not more popular.
I understand its out of the box, but the chinuch and education is stellar!!

I'll add some more of my opinions as it comes to me, below:

Does people have a myth that the children do whatever they want, that's not the case. They give the children instruction and the means to learn on their own, the key word is instruction- instead of just a teacher in front of the classroom rattling off points that the children have to memorize.

jfk92

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:33 pm
What upper school/education do the graduates end up attending? And would you know the cost of tution? Are they super selective because they are so small? Where would you say the hashkafa lies? Are they more modern or more yeshivish? Do they emphasize hebrew? Tzioni? Sorry for all the questions!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:44 pm
jfk92 wrote:
What upper school/education do the graduates end up attending? And would you know the cost of tution? Are they super selective because they are so small? Where would you say the hashkafa lies? Are they more modern or more yeshivish? Do they emphasize hebrew? Tzioni? Sorry for all the questions!

Not sure where they end up going.
Tuition is on par with other Brooklyn schools.
I don't get the attitude that they are super selective, they don't have that attitude in general. Also, although they want to stay small, I think they have room to expand. It's probably more if it's a good fit, and even that is general obviously because their not onto little boxes that you have to fit into. That's why I love about it. Re hashkafa, modern, yeshivish, again, its not a school that fits into a box. (Which is how it should be, imo) If they emphasize hebrew - they teach grammar and syntax, so the students naturally pick it up, it becomes a part of them, because their taught to understand it, as opposed to memorizing random things in a different language.

Don't be sorry with your questions, but I want to say you should also reach out to the school.
I think even speaking to the principal or going down there will give you an idea.

Hatzlacha!

jfk92

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:50 pm
Yes of course will be speaking w school as well. But theres always a benefit to hearing from parents too.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:56 pm
jfk92 wrote:
Yes of course will be speaking w school as well. But theres always a benefit to hearing from parents too.

Of course.
I'm just saying I also had so many questions and was nervous prior to reaching out..

Are you considering other schools?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:40 pm
My five year old is currently enrolled. We are so happy with the quality of education he is receiving. He's learning an incredible amount, and has so much confidence in his own abilities. He is able to learn at the pace that is most ideal for him, and isn't held back or forced ahead by what anyone else is doing.

They put a lot of emphasis on personal responsibility, and my son feels so accomplished when he completes his achrayus sheet (the sheet where he self-records his learning) weekly.

The one downside for us is the size of the classes; his combined kindergarten and pre 1A class has a total of seven boys. While we love the high teacher to student ratio, we wish there were more social opportunities for him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics