Home

Moving out of town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:50 pm
My family is looking to move out of town in the next year or so (hopefully when the world goes back to normal after covid). A little bit about us-
We are in our early/mid twenties and just had a baby. My husband works remotely so jobs would not be a factor. We aren't into labels but fall somewhere along the modern orthodox machmir scale. my husband goes to shachris everyday, I cover most of my hair, don't wear stockings etc. I work in early childhood. We are looking for a warm diverse community that isn't too small, maybe a few different kosher options and shuls. Nothing terribly expensive. And at least a few other young families in the same stage of life as us. We want a community we can be apart of, have a relationship with the rabbi, and not get "lost in the cracks" so to speak. (something we have experienced in living in the tristate area) We aren't opposed to living in NY/NJ if it checks all these boxes, but I am not a fan of the property taxes in some of those areas.
Warmer weather is preferred but not a deal breaker.

amother

cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:51 pm
Dallas area maybe?

amother

Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 2:57 pm
If location isn't an issue and you don't have kids in school, why not look into aliyah?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 3:37 pm
Skokie sounds like what your looking for. If you want to teach in a jewish pre school we have a lot of different options.

jd1212

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:16 am
Fair Lawn sounds great for you- or Springfield in NJ for even smaller (look for info on these online on OU community fair website).

amother

Cerulean

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:36 am
S. Fl.

amother

Blush

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 10:18 am
Houston, TX sounds very much what you're looking for

And the early childhood department of the local day school here would love to have you Smile

amother

Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 10:28 am
Boca,FL. Jacksonville, FL

amother

Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:52 am
Richmond, VA. All the young couples are exactly like that. (But it’s small. No restaurants).

amother

Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:57 am
Quote:

Houston, TX sounds very much what you're looking for

And the early childhood department of the local day school here would love to have you Smile

Took the words out of my mouth

DallasIma

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:16 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Dallas area maybe?

I second that!!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating