Home

Need help with videos for different age kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 8:07 pm
We will be staying in a hotel for one night next week. Our oldest is a 14 year old boy who is looking forward to having access to a tv. We don’t have a tv at home and our computer is filtered. I don’t mind if he watches sports but I really feel uncomfortable for him to watch anything inappropriate. Our other kids are younger and if I buy them 1-2 new Jewish videos to watch when we’re on vacation they’ll be very happy. Ds(14) let me know that he is not interested in watching Jewish movies. What can I buy that would be interesting enough for him and okay for my other sheltered children to enjoy?

behappy2

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 8:15 pm
Maybe try a classic for the whole family

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 8:51 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Maybe try a classic for the whole family

Yes, looking for suggestions

amother

Indigo

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 9:17 pm
During covid was the first time I ever let my kids watch movies
We watched
Boxcar Children
The Borrowers
Homeward Bound
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs (least kosher)

Look them up on Common Sense Media to see if these are up to your level of appropriateness

Most people would say these were too babyish for my DS who is 13, but for a kid that doesn't usually watch movies it was totally fine
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children