Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Kosher edibles
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Would you buy kosher edibles
Yes  
 32%  [ 69 ]
No  
 67%  [ 146 ]
Total Votes : 215

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:22 pm
My ultra frum neighbor (he's a rebbi in a mesivta!)once ate a "brownie " in shul.
He ended up in the emergency room as he thought he was dying.
After doing a few test, they told him he came up positive for weed!!
He was mortified and happy to learn he wasn't dying after all. Everything else came out fine.
He did call the Rabbi to find out how the "brownies" happen to be in shul.
Scary!!!

sky

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:28 pm
I would not buy it
But I believe there would be a market for it

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:37 pm
There definitely is a medical market for it and people who were selling it for last few years.
I know of 2 mid age men who bought them regularly while undergoing cancer treatments.

wiki

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:33 pm
This thread is too funny!

I would not buy drugs of any kind for recreational use. Maybe I'd reconsider things if I had a medical issue G-d forbid and the alternative was a prescription opioid, but otherwise no way.

But who knows? Maybe there is a market for it...Although I bet you'd get clearer answers if you polled Imafather instead. Wink

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:35 pm
Totally legal now in NJ. Bring it on! I’d love some gummies.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:37 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Totally legal now in NJ. Bring it on! I’d love some gummies.

Laugh I would totally be game to try if not for my security clearance!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:42 pm
Yes but you'd have to have some sort of FDA certification or whatever else you need to prove that you're a clean and legit place. I would never ever buy from someone random. I'd want to know that their hair or gd knows what particles won't be found in my edibles. As well as high quality ING and not garbage.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:01 pm
A home operation doesn't sound good to me. First of all if it's legal there must be regulations, no? Also I'd want to know what quality product is in there and what the potency is per serving size.

Just because you can make something that tastes good and gets a person high doesn't mean you can do it on a larger scale and still protect your customer.

I mean I don't touch that stuff now. Already a small child in our community was hospitalized after finding the housekeepers brownies. (At least they claim it belonged to the housekeeper.) I wouldn't keep it in my house.

Anyway for me the fun of getting high was the communal feel of smoking.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 11:11 pm
I don't think this is something that should become normalized or available in the frum world.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:24 am
The red flag for me is the name "Kosher Edibles". Hopefully the people marketing this stuff make it clear at every point that it's not regular kosher food?????

Rappel

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:39 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The red flag for me is the name "Kosher Edibles". Hopefully the people marketing this stuff make it clear at every point that it's not regular kosher food?????

Anyone whom has encountered weed culture knows that this means. I was actually surprised so many imas here don't recognize the term.

OP, I think providing a kosher product would actually be a service to the community. We wouldn't buy for personal reasons, but I'm sure many would.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:14 am
Rappel wrote:
Anyone whom has encountered weed culture knows that this means. I was actually surprised so many imas here don't recognize the term.

My point exactly! A lot of people concerned about kosher HAVEN'T encountered weed culture.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:58 am
About the rebbe who had a ''brownie'' it is just for safety for your self when using drugs or even have a big L'chaim. To have a few guidelines. You need to be mentally healthy, no depression or history of depression, taking medicines for any mental illness. Not to be sensitive to psychosis or have direct family members who are having psychosis. Even a little bit of stress can cause a bad trip. I had once a hard day and used weed and I had such a bad trip it was crazy.

Another big thing: You have to feel safe with the people you are if not you are more likely to have a bad trip.

And that is really so important and again it counts for even for a booze. Let's say, you go to a L'chaim you are not nursing nor pregnant and you want to have wine with your friends. Your mother was again nagging about things you did wrong and you are a bit stressed about and angry.
You are at the L'chaim and oh no someone who spoke so much lashon hara about you is there to with her friends... Well mb out of stress and feeling uncomfortable you are going to drink more, you will be a having a huge hangover afterwards... maybe you come back after a few wines and make a fight with your husband, just always be careful. Never ever do any drugs or alcohol while you feel down, unsafe or anything.

This has been told while I was studying for dramatherapist for 3 years by someone who worked with drug and alcohol addicts.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:10 am
Personally I would not go there. Why would you choose this as a home business?
you should ask a rabbi if this is ok to do halachically.
you can get into issues of who is buying and what it can potentially do to ppl. How would you feel if it would cause someone to get hurt?
my son once baked brownies like these in my house for him and his friends on a friday when I had made brownies for the family for shabbos. I was deathly scared that someone would mix it up and one of the little kids might eat it by mistake. I explained to them that there is something in it which could make them high and it could be dangerous for them. (and put it out of reach Smile )
I did hear that there was (is?) a rebbetzin in lkwd that would make 'hashish brownies' for teens so they shouldn't smoke on shabbos which is commendable in my opinion.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:16 am
Homes that keep kosher are a lot more likely than others to have small children around. The safety issues are huge.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:18 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Homes that keep kosher are a lot more likely than others to have small children around. The safety issues are huge.

Yeah but those homes also have whisky, wodka and other l'chaims somewhere in the house what a child can open and drink...
That is why you have those bottles somewhere high/hidden you can do the same with brownies.

Teomima

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:02 am
I'm curious why so many people seem to feel being frum is a reason not to partake. What does being frum have to do with anything? If you're careful and responsible, getting a little high is no worse than having a nice stiff drink, and we all know Judaism has nothing against drinking, even to the point of drunken excess (Purim, anyone?) Getting high doesn't have to be like in the movies. I know plenty of people who enjoy partaking just a little at the end of a hard day to help take the edge off.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:15 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Yeah but those homes also have whisky, wodka and other l'chaims somewhere in the house what a child can open and drink...
That is why you have those bottles somewhere high/hidden you can do the same with brownies.

Alcohol has a strong smell and burns the throat. That generally keeps children from drinking.too much. But if they find a stash of brownies or candies that taste good, what's to stop them from overdosing?

ETA, we keep kosher and don't have any hard liquor in the house. It's not a religious requirement.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:20 am
I WISH I could get some but my husband is super against it.
It sure would help me with the lockdown

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:22 am
my 20-year-old son really wanted to help me with my back pain so he left me a bit to try. My husband was absolutely furious when he found out because I did it at night when he was sleeping. It was actually quite fun and was really at break for my stressful life
I haven't done it since but honestly didn't feel too guilty about doing it was my first time doing anything a dropNot perfect. I've never even spoke a cigarette not saying I'm perfect but never smoked or taken drugs or gotten drunk. I think I would do it again with a friend. I would actually love if my super uptight hard-working husband would try it but it would never will unless it happens by accident.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics