Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Help me convince my husband that
1  2  3  Next

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:30 pm
A double stroller is worth it!!

I’m pregnant with baby #2 and even tho I’m only 7 weeks along (yes I’m THAT mum) I kinda feel we would need a double stroller.

My son will be just barely 2 when this baby is born.

My husband says I shouldn’t get a double stroller cuz my son can walk all those blocks and all those avenues.

My argument is that little kids can’t even walk at least like 3-5 blocks then they start to whine because they’re tired and to them maybe 3-5 blocks seems like a mile to them and I honestly feel they would be safer in a stroller seat because then they won’t run off chas veshalom and they can nap if they wanna nap. It’s just more convenient for them not because I’m lazy. And I do a lot of walking.

I don’t really like those riding board things and don’t think my current stroller can support those. And I want access to that basket. I literally use it to hold everything besides my handbag.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:34 pm
Have him take them on walks without a double stroller, and see how he manages

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:35 pm
Wait till u actually need it, then explain why...
But, I would also need a double w 2 under 2 if I'm walking a lot/2 year olds are not always cooperative

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:36 pm
You’ll definitely need it but pls don’t buy one yet. (Unless you’re buying one like city select that is single converts to double)

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:36 pm
There are tons of giveaways of people giving away a second hand stroller - would he be opposed to that?

Also if he isn't doing the majority of the walking with the child, it's shouldn't even be a question.
Were getting a double stroller. Period.
If your the one who will be juggling the 2, I don't see how his input helps.

(It took me time to learn this in my own marriage)

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:37 pm
Some strollers have a seat attachment or there’s an option of a buggy board. But your older child will need at least something to sit on/stand on . What happens if he’s tired and needs a nap? He will need a stroller too.

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:37 pm
For sure I would get a double stroller
I can not imagine having a toodler and newborn without one. Its the best thing if the kids are whiny or u need to go somepleace you just strap them in and go

If you dont want to spend a lot of money there are often people giving away for free or second hand. No need to spend a lot if hes not convinced you need it. Then if you dont feel you need it you can just give away.

Stars

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:42 pm
Congrats!!
Of course you’ll need one (even the roller stander attachment thing is not enough for this age, sometimes they need naps in the carriage).
but- there’s no need for an argument right now. When the baby is born, have him try a mile with the toddler walking. Guaranteed on the way back he’ll walk into the nearest store to buy a double stroller.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:47 pm
Yep I know I’m too early to be thinking of it lol. Mommy hormones I guess xD

But yeah definitely when or close to when the child is born!

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:56 pm
It is not safe to have a 2 y.o. walk - what if he lets go while you are crossing the street?

Or runs away from you?

Double Stroller is a necessity.

(Also 2 y.o. might resent the baby taking away his stroller).

PS maybe you can find a second hand double stroller. I see ads of people giving them away.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:56 pm
Your son will still get plenty of walking opportunities, but you do need the option of having him in a stroller. If he gets tired, you get tired of him pulling stuff off shelves whilst tending to your newborn, for a nap etc. I wouldn't even discuss it this early with your dh though. Iyh all should go well but it's too early to plan.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 2:57 pm
Bsha'ah tovah!

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:00 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
It is not safe to have a 2 y.o. walk - what if he lets go while you are crossing the street?

Or runs away from you?

Double Stroller is a necessity.

(Also 2 y.o. might resent the baby taking away his stroller).

PS maybe you can find a second hand double stroller. I see ads of people giving them away.

Exactly I tell him this and he’s like

“Get a riding board”

No what if he needs a nap... or gets tired... but I’m leaving it alone for now just wanted to know what people think and what people do when they have 2 under 2 (well my son will be 2 years old by then)

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:01 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Your son will still get plenty of walking opportunities, but you do need the option of having him in a stroller. If he gets tired, you get tired of him pulling stuff off shelves whilst tending to your newborn, for a nap etc. I wouldn't even discuss it this early with your dh though. Iyh all should go well but it's too early to plan.

We discussed it when we found out lol but now it’s left alone.....for now at least.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:05 pm
If you wait you'll be better off because you'll know which features are really important to you.
When the baby is born you'll use the stroller you have at first, and then buying a double will just happen, you'll see. Wink

#Happymom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:07 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you wait you'll be better off because you'll know which features are really important to you.
When the baby is born you'll use the stroller you have at first, and then buying a double will just happen, you'll see. Wink

Yup. And you'll see that you will buy one. Your husband will be the one begging you to get one😁
Think abt it, if your son was an only child, you'dl probably still take him out in a stroller, because kids are in strollers til at least 2.5-3 years old.

mig100

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:08 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yep I know I’m too early to be thinking of it lol. Mommy hormones I guess xD

But yeah definitely when or close to when the child is born!

Yeah I wouldnt be stressing about it at this point. You have plenty of time to figure out what you need. As you are closer and you know what your older one is like it will be easier ro imagine what you need

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:11 pm
I bought my double carriage when I had my second and my oldest was 2, but I have used it so well ever since. On long outings, no matter the ages of the kids, a double carriage is a real necessity. My first two needed it often until I had number 3 when my second was 3 and then I used it till number 4 was born, at which point number 3 and number 4 were in it a lot.

I have also used my double carriage when my two youngest were 4 and 6 years old.

When you need it, you need it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:11 pm
B'shaa tova! I have that age gap now and definitely need a double stroller (and I def obsessed about it early in my pregnancy too, so I get where you're coming from Wink). I suggest a side by side like the city mini double over a convertible because it'll be easier to push and the weight limits won't be a problem.

I picked out strollers, kept them in my Amazon cart, and then kept an eye on Facebook marketplace for deals on used ones closer to when I was due. BH I got a pretty cheap one and I use it daily. My now 2.5 year old is a good walker, but there are def times when he needs to be in the stroller for safety, when he gets tired of walking and we're half a mile from home, or he's scared and wants the comfort of a seat. Not to mention the jealousy factor-- if he sees baby sib in the stroller, sometimes he wants a ride too.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:12 pm
You definitely need a double stroller. A riding board is good when he's like 3. When he's 2 he can only use the riding board for short times and not for errands and things.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics