Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kesser bas Yakov vs Bais Shifra Miriam
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:10 pm
Hi- I’m considering these two schools for my 4-year-old and would appreciate personal experiences and an explanation of the difference between the two. I'd also appreciate hearing what other schools are similar to the two above for more options. Tia

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:16 pm
Did you get into both? Otherwise that can make your decision.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
Did you get into both? Otherwise that can make your decision.

I'm applying to both and I’d like to be prepared to make a decision. I'd also like to hear what other schools are similar to these schools so that I can apply to more schools.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:25 pm
Bais Rochel

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:27 pm
If you drive forget beis shira miriam. If you have a smart phone that my be a problem for kesser beis yakov. KBY allows mothers to drive but are very strict about technology and stuff like pesach hotels etc. I think beis shira miriam is harder to get into. Unless you have extreme pull or lots of gelt, don't even try beis rochel.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
If you drive forget beis shira miriam. If you have a smart phone that my be a problem for kesser beis yakov. KBY allows mothers to drive but are very strict about technology and stuff like pesach hotels etc. I think beis shira miriam is harder to get into. Unless you have extreme pull or lots of gelt, don't even try beis rochel.

What about education? KBY vs I'm vs BR.
Are you saying that it's harder to get accepted to BSM than it is to KBY and that it's nearly impossible to get into Bais Rochel?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 8:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you saying that it's harder to get accepted to BSM than it is to KBY and that it's nearly impossible to get into Bais Rochel?

I don't think it's that hard to get into BSM, you just really have to be in line with their hashkafa and values. Keser you can try your luck, you might be lucky, they're still trying to build up. Vein might also be an option but they ask for $10,000. Bais Rochel, don't even try. Unless you're rich and have a lot of protektzia. Sanz is similar to Bais Rochel in a way but they don't give an easy time either, they're squashed into trailers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:16 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I don't think it's that hard to get into BSM, you just really have to be in line with their hashkafa and values. Keser you can try your luck, you might be lucky, they're still trying to build up. Vein might also be an option but they ask for $10,000. Bais Rochel, don't even try. Unless you're rich and have a lot of protektzia. Sanz is similar to Bais Rochel in a way but they don't give an easy time either, they're squashed into trailers.

This is the first I’m hearing of this. How is Sanz similar to Bais Rochel? In what ways?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the first I’m hearing of this. How is Sanz similar to Bais Rochel? In what ways?

The parent body is quite similar. Many many people have their older girls in Bais Rochel and younger girls in Sanz. The mehalech & rules of Sanz are pretty similar to Bais Rochel.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

They are probably both equally as hard but focus on different things. BSM want only non driving mothers, very simple classic families. KBY has no issue with the mothers driving but are very strict on technology, and reading material. I don't know how many families keep to their rules, but they don't even allow jewish magazines in the homes. Yes, BR is nearly impossible to get into. Education wise I have no idea, guessing both don't have too great of general studies, but the same probably applies to BR.. they are heimishe schools, so give heimishe education.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 12:58 pm
They are probably both equally as hard but focus on different things. BSM want only non driving mothers, very simple classic families. KBY has no issue with the mothers driving but are very strict on technology, and reading material. I don't know how many families keep to their rules, but they don't even allow jewish magazines in the homes. Yes, BR is nearly impossible to get into. Education wise I have no idea, guessing both don't have too great of general studies, but the same probably applies to BR.. they are heimishe schools, so give heimishe education.

Thank you. It‘S puzzling to me that they don’t even allow Jewish magazines. What is the difference between the parent body in KBY, BSM, and BR?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:08 pm
Kesser and Bais Rochel have a quite similar parent body. Bais Shifra Miriam is looking for very simple torahdig families.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:31 pm

Money talks . I know someone very well that got in . She comes from ultra chassidish family, she is the only one in her family that drives . I can compare her to any bnois derech yisroel parentbody . She is called x chassidish just like any typical person that has that name . I'm not saying it for being mean or trying to label , I'm just saying that schools accept who they decide they want or if people offer big money . I'm very happy for that woman she got her daughter in . But their are 100 of other people that are trying to get in as well, and are not any less in frumkiet than her . Yes . My question is if they accepted this family why are they making up all excuses why they cant take , or come with a list of things they expect if you apply. They have those type of parent body already, whTs the difference? I'm so boiled up from this. Dont lie that you have a certain type of people you only accept when this is not true. They accept who they want . So, now you say shifts Miriam doesn't accept driving mothers . I know it to be true , I dont know how that woman got in when she drives and she not at all means comes from a driving background. She comes from a typical viznitz type family , she drives , so she is already not on the same page like how she grew up. I dont mean to talk bad about her or anything like that , it's her life she made her choice to be different... that's not the point . My point is the schools are so against these type of parent bodies so why they make exceptions? People like that do get in . So dont say you dont take such types when you do.

I'm sorry if I went off a bit off topic from what OP asked for .

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:40 pm
Yes, money talks. But every school that doesn't allow driving has mothers that are driving. Everyone for a different reason.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:43 pm
wow how things have shifted. I went to BSM years ago and I can even remember the color of the car that the principal drove.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:47 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
wow how things have shifted. I went to BSM years ago and I can even remember the color of the car that the principal drove.

Haha the principal probably still drives. The no driving rule doesn't apply to school staff, staff of all schools drive.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Haha the principal probably still drives. The no driving rule doesn't apply to school staff, staff of all schools drive.

I remember questioning this in the Bais Yakov I went to. I was told off for having my nails done with clear polish, and as I was paying the fee I complimented the principal on her fresh manicure.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:46 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
I remember questioning this in the Bais Yakov I went to. I was told off for having my nails done with clear polish, and as I was paying the fee I complimented the principal on her fresh manicure.

Rolling Laughter

When I questioned the school why the staff is allowed to drive, they said they can't make such rules for staff or they won't have a staff.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:07 pm
I'm a KBY parent and never heard of a rule against Jewish magazines. I highly doubt it exists. They're not fanatics.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I'm a KBY parent and never heard of a rule against Jewish magazines. I highly doubt it exists. They're not fanatics.

I also find it hard to believe. Even the most chassidish frum schools don't have a rule against jewish magazine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children