Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help my kid has a lot of tics
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 10:46 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Yes, I didnt like to hear that I have to believe in it. For me, seeing is believing..
Doxycycline is the antibiotic. Originally he told me Erythromycin or Augmentin, so Im not sure ...
He did order extensive bloodwork..
I heard he specializes in these stuff, so idk...
The other stuff is
Megasporebiotic
Burbur-pinella detox brain-nerve cleanse
6 other products..
I have to call company to pay for it (he put in order, have it paid and sent directly to me)
Doxycycline is a very strong antibiotic and usually used for Lyme . Is that what you’re being treated for? For how long? We’ve done very well with augmentin for chronic strep, it’s formulated to avoid causing resistant strains. Megasporebiotic is a probiotic, did he tell you to give it away from the antibiotics? Curious about the other 6 products. Btw, none of these need you to believe in them. Like you said, if you see it works you’ll believe it the ...

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:12 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Doxycycline is a very strong antibiotic and usually used for Lyme . Is that what you’re being treated for? For how long? We’ve done very well with augmentin for chronic strep, it’s formulated to avoid causing resistant strains. Megasporebiotic is a probiotic, did he tell you to give it away from the antibiotics? Curious about the other 6 products. Btw, none of these need you to believe in them. Like you said, if you see it works you’ll believe it the ...

So I had to wait three days to get through to dr. (He kept missing me)
Basically he said:
*Pandas and Lyme are very similar
*It might not even show on the bloodwork
*He can give me a different antibiotic, not all work the same for everyone, Augmentin is tough on stomach (gives diarrhea)
*He is prescribing it for one month. Not good for gut to be on it a long time.
*Many people think the antibiotic cured them only to find everything relapse after child gets a virus or strep...
So there is no overnight cure. It will be a long process. We need to ask not How, but Why? (Or maybe he said How, not why?)

What is triggering it? It can be a sensitivity to certain foods, mold, allergy, or even genetics. Once we figure it out, we can control it better.

First we need to get rid of the toxins. It seems like I will be in for a long ride.
I ordered all the stuff he prescribed but honestly don't believe too much. (One of the things is Curcumin-turmeric which works as strong anti inflammatory. Another thing is an enzyme that helps it absorb. Probiotics. and I'm not sure what else...10 in total). In any case if this route is gonna take me in circles, I'll just go with health food store's remedy.

Still waiting for bloodwork results and need one days worth of pee from him..

Honestly not even sure he has Pandas. From what I read and heard. He is not aggressive at all. He has occasional anger at his brothers or sadness (he's a very sensitive child) but he is not aggressive at all and does very well cognitively.

I also noticed when he is busy doing something or talking to us, his tics are less. Possibly only for now they are better. I really hope it doesn't get worse again. They were really bad.

Btw I started giving him apple cider vinegar every day, mixed with juice. I have no idea if its helpful, but figured it can't harm. Esp that he takes it happily.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:29 am
Following

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 8:51 am
So I had to wait three days to get through to dr. (He kept missing me)
Basically he said:
*Pandas and Lyme are very similar
*It might not even show on the bloodwork
*He can give me a different antibiotic, not all work the same for everyone, Augmentin is tough on stomach (gives diarrhea)
*He is prescribing it for one month. Not good for gut to be on it a long time.
*Many people think the antibiotic cured them only to find everything relapse after child gets a virus or strep...
So there is no overnight cure. It will be a long process. We need to ask not How, but Why? (Or maybe he said How, not why?)

What is triggering it? It can be a sensitivity to certain foods, mold, allergy, or even genetics. Once we figure it out, we can control it better.

First we need to get rid of the toxins. It seems like I will be in for a long ride.
I ordered all the stuff he prescribed but honestly don't believe too much. (One of the things is Curcumin-turmeric which works as strong anti inflammatory. Another thing is an enzyme that helps it absorb. Probiotics. and I'm not sure what else...10 in total). In any case if this route is gonna take me in circles, I'll just go with health food store's remedy.

Still waiting for bloodwork results and need one days worth of pee from him..

Honestly not even sure he has Pandas. From what I read and heard. He is not aggressive at all. He has occasional anger at his brothers or sadness (he's a very sensitive child) but he is not aggressive at all and does very well cognitively.

I also noticed when he is busy doing something or talking to us, his tics are less. Possibly only for now they are better. I really hope it doesn't get worse again. They were really bad.

Btw I started giving him apple cider vinegar every day, mixed with juice. I have no idea if its helpful, but figured it can't harm. Esp that he takes it happily.
Your doctor seems on the right track but I’m confused about a few things.
*pandas and Lyme can appear similar but are different infections and respond to different antibiotics.
*its true that Lyme might not show on standard bloodwork but that doesn’t mean you can just assume it’s that and treat for it
*Doxycycline is stronger than augmentin and can cause worse stomach pain
*I agree that longer isn’t good for the gut but 1 month is a waste of time, it won’t get rid of any chronic infection
*yes, lots of kids relapse after coming off antibiotics, it’s not a complete cure for most. But detox alone can’t cure it either, the infections must be addressed along with the underlying causes.
It’s good to keep asking why and keep peeling back the layers. Enzymes, probiotics and turmeric are great, but they aren’t either long term cures.

I hear you about not being sure it’s pandas, tics can certainly be caused by other things. What do you mean by him being sensitive? Often that’s a sign of anxiety.

Acv is great! I hope things keep improving.

I am not saying this to discourage you, my hope is only to inform so you can be a better advocate for your son.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 9:42 am
My daughter was given a very simple remedy from Sarah Chana Radcliffe. The tics disappeared. It seems to good to be true but I know many people who have been helped with her method. She just put out a book. Try it. It’s the ONLY method that takes care of tics without side effects. I’ve been to drs and neurologists ….

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:10 pm
Motrin zyrtec and robitussin is how we manage flares, I would say for up to 2 weeks at a time. It works well even If you can’t get antibiotics, it works even better if you can get antibiotics. Some kids take all these every day for years, I try not to give motrin for too long, it can be very hard on the gut and kidneys. Anti histamines can be given daily. Some people claim they cured pandas with just antibiotics for a few years, idk, we’ve never really been able to go too long without them without symptoms coming back. Really actually curing pandas will usually take a lot more than that. But we are seeing good things with homeopathy. And getting symptoms under control with antibiotics and anti inflammatories is a good start. You have to start somewhere. I’ve learned that with this disease, managing symptoms is also a win. The longer symptoms go untreated the harder it will be to reverse. So even if motrin, zyrtec and robitussin are only keeping inflammation down for today, that’s still a win in my book, 1 day less of their brains being zapped by antibodies.

thanks for this info! do I give it to my son all at one time every day or space each one? motrin how often every day?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:23 pm
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
thanks for this info! do I give it to my son all at one time every day or space each one? motrin how often every day?
During flares I give them all at once twice a day, except zyrtec is once a day, I give at night cuz it can cause drowsiness. it’s enough for us. But officially the motrin protocol is full dose for weight every six hours.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:25 pm
thank you so much! so zyrtec together with robitussin and motrin together basically a nightime dosage and maybe motrin again in morning?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:27 pm
thank you so much! so zyrtec together with robitussin and motrin together basically a nightime dosage and maybe motrin again in morning?
Motrin robitussin and zyrtec at night, motrin and robitussin in the morning. Try to get dye free.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:28 pm
will do IYH. hope it works on his symptoms

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:29 pm
will do IYH. hope it works on his symptoms
Good luck! What symptoms are you dealing with? Make sure the robitussin has the active ingredient dextromethorpan. I noticed they started making other products as cough suppressants under the robitussin label. There are generic dextromethorpans as well, that’s the drug you want .

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:31 pm
throat clearing, eye twitching, nose twitching etc.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:35 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
My daughter was given a very simple remedy from Sarah Chana Radcliffe. The tics disappeared. It seems to good to be true but I know many people who have been helped with her method. She just put out a book. Try it. It’s the ONLY method that takes care of tics without side effects. I’ve been to drs and neurologists ….

Thank you for posting

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 12:45 pm
throat clearing, eye twitching, nose twitching etc.
Should help with that

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:19 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

Where did you buy the remedies?

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:44 pm
My son went to an amazing, cbt therapist and bh hasn't had any tics in a while. I hope they stay away, I feel for you, and him. Hatzlocho

amother
Calendula

Post Sun, Jan 16 2022, 1:56 pm
My vote is for magnesium plus a multivitamin as soon as (not while) your kid has taken all the antibiotics the dr wants to prescribe.

My kid had tics starting age 7 or 8. We got him treated for PANDAs with antibiotics - didn't seem to work right away if ever but at least we tried - and we also later put him on a multivitamin and magnesium plus B6 (but not at the same time, because you can't do antibiotics and magnesium at the same time). Either that worked, or he grew out of it, not sure which, but it's almost all gone at age 9 1/2.

These are the vitamins we used. He didn't like the magnesium one much, but with some rewards and explaining to him that he doesn't want to have a tic, and that this probably would help, (though we were careful not to stress him out about trying to control it, because I read that makes it worse), we got him to take it most nights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0c53b

This is not available on amazon anymore but there are similar ones plus you can try other websites. We still buy them sometimes for general health for me and the kids:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....4cc4a

The one other thing that happened at the same time the tics started... not sure if it's related but just in case.. I had started encouraging him to drink blue milk instead of red milk because it's recommended for his age. I was wondering if the lower fat content was causing it, but that's a wild guess. In any case, I stopped doing that and just let him drink red milk like he preferred. Not sure if that helped but whatever.

My main conclusion was that it was the magnesium and vitamins that helped, because when we started, the tics seemed to start getting better after a month or so. Then whenever we stopped giving them to him, he started again having tics a few weeks later, and when we started, he stopped most of his tics a few weeks later. So the timing of things seemed most related to the magnesium/vitamins.

By now, as the tics have been mostly away for a while, I don't make him take them anymore. I offer the multivitamins to him and my other kids, but he doesn't usually take them (the other kids like the gummies though!)

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 9:07 pm
Your doctor seems on the right track but I’m confused about a few things.
*pandas and Lyme can appear similar but are different infections and respond to different antibiotics.
*its true that Lyme might not show on standard bloodwork but that doesn’t mean you can just assume it’s that and treat for it
*Doxycycline is stronger than augmentin and can cause worse stomach pain
*I agree that longer isn’t good for the gut but 1 month is a waste of time, it won’t get rid of any chronic infection
*yes, lots of kids relapse after coming off antibiotics, it’s not a complete cure for most. But detox alone can’t cure it either, the infections must be addressed along with the underlying causes.
It’s good to keep asking why and keep peeling back the layers. Enzymes, probiotics and turmeric are great, but they aren’t either long term cures.

I hear you about not being sure it’s pandas, tics can certainly be caused by other things. What do you mean by him being sensitive? Often that’s a sign of anxiety.

Acv is great! I hope things keep improving.

I am not saying this to discourage you, my hope is only to inform so you can be a better advocate for your son.

* he switched me to Zithromax
* If one month antibiotics is not enough, how long is?
* My son is not aggressive as many Pandas Parents describe. He has his moments of upsetness, is a sensitive nature, but otherwise acts very tamed. He does well in school BH.

Dr. Called me today that bloodwork showed it's black-on-white Lyme disease.

How do I go from here?
Crying

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 9:29 pm
* he switched me to Zithromax
* If one month antibiotics is not enough, how long is?
* My son is not aggressive as many Pandas Parents describe. He has his moments of upsetness, is a sensitive nature, but otherwise acts very tamed. He does well in school BH.

Dr. Called me today that bloodwork showed it's black-on-white Lyme disease.

How do I go from here?
Crying
I’m sorry Sad Lyme disease sucks. But getting a clear positive can be a huge blessing because youll have an easier time accessing treatment. Get to a lyme literate md ASAP. Get a copy of your results. Read books about Lyme. I don’t think azith is the antibiotic of choice for Lyme. But don’t stop the azith yet, he may have strep in addition to lyme.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 26 2022, 9:51 pm
I’m sorry Sad Lyme disease sucks. But getting a clear positive can be a huge blessing because youll have an easier time accessing treatment. Get to a lyme literate md ASAP. Get a copy of your results. Read books about Lyme. I don’t think azith is the antibiotic of choice for Lyme. But don’t stop the azith yet, he may have strep in addition to lyme.

Why do u think he may have strep? (I don't disagree)
Btw his symptoms are back. Tics like crazy.
Also, were all those things ordered a waste? Activated charcoal, liposomal curcumin, methyl B complex, liver nutrients, imag T brain wellness, plus more...
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics