Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Jealous of celebrities
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:46 am
I'm jealous of some celebrities...am I crazy?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:49 am
Why? Nobody but nobody has a perfect life.

hodeez

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:07 am
Yes because they have the most miserable lives

mum22

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:14 am
Celebrities feel a deep need for love.
They don’t appreciate their inner worth, and therefore need the public to love them.

Marilyn Monroe: “ I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.”

I’ll take my imperfectly happy life any day, over their luxuries, lifestyle and fame.

moonstone

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:19 am
I wouldn't want to live in a fishbowl and have the way I look and my every movement critiqued and ripped apart.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:23 am
I always wanted to be famous...for good things

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:25 am
Understandable, but once you dig beneath the surface, like all the previous posts, you should get clarity.
I remember an afternoon drive talk show host commenting about a big celeb divorce. He was hearing/reading comments like, I can't understand it, they have everything going for them so what hope is there for us, etc. You look at them and think they have life under control - parnasa, looks, health. And hey, maybe they do. But chances are it comes at a cost. Not just the loss of freedom but the loss of autonomy re diet, clothes choices, anything public. And it might be worth it to them, so we're back to, maybe they do have it all. (And some of them even have long-lasting marriages.)

But we have such rich spiritual lives, or the potential for such lives. And my friend, that is truly the most enviable commodity.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:48 am
I used to be. Now I’m not, but I also don’t feel bad for them. They’re just people doing their jobs. They work extra long hours, and they’re extremely good at what they do. I’m not that kind of person who’s life revolves around her job.

shaqued_almond

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:57 am
There's a reason drug use is so high in celebrities. No privacy, endless gossip, 16 hour work days and even with all the hard work, you can be dropped any time.

STMommy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:34 am
I used to because of the $ and riches but the fame part seems the worst kind of awful.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:56 am
Yes you are. They have everything they want. They’re already on the top. They have no where else to climb so they start to fall.... all the way down.....

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 9:49 am
What exactly are you jealous of?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 9:57 am
I'm not jealous of celebrities. Maybe I'm jealous of their money but definitely not of their life and fame.
I watch the Kardashians and I feel so sad for these little kids. They keep having babies for the media and they don't even have patience to their kids and don't know how to take care of them.
Their life is so full of problems, it's sad.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 9:59 am
I just want the money. Not the fame.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 10:05 am
ok, let me clarify:
I'm not jealous of the money or the fame- I'm jealous of certain people because of things about them/ their lives/ their relationships. I only know about them because they are celebs- but that's not the part that I'm jealous of.

Their lives are so out of reach for me, which is the part that makes it so silly. But I still find myself 'following' them and wishing I could have parts of their lives.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok, let me clarify:
I'm not jealous of the money or the fame- I'm jealous of certain people because of things about them/ their lives/ their relationships. I only know about them because they are celebs- but that's not the part that I'm jealous of.

Their lives are so out of reach for me, which is the part that makes it so silly. But I still find myself 'following' them and wishing I could have parts of their lives.

Which part?
The lack of privacy?
The security following you wherever you go?
The part that you can’t run to the store to get milk without a face full of make up and all glammed up because someone will snap a picture and put in the magazines?
If your child tantrums in public you’ll be written up about on a news site?
The one where you feel like your life is empty?
Each time you go out with your spouse you have to act all chummy because otherwise they tabloid will write about “trouble in paradise”

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm jealous of some celebrities...am I crazy?

Yes.
I was five or six when I realized I didn't want to be a movie star, after all. I had heard on the radio that some Hollywood diva had just gotten divorced for the fourth or fifth time, and that was shortly after several other actresses had also gotten divorced. Hollywood's loss, my Drama Club's gain.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
ok, let me clarify:

Legit the only thing I AM jealous of is the money!
Everything else is mostly fake for publicity.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:25 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Legit the only thing I AM jealous of is the money!
Everything else is mostly fake for publicity.

It comes hand in hand

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:46 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Which part?
The lack of privacy?
The security following you wherever you go?
The part that you can’t run to the store to get milk without a face full of make up and all glammed up because someone will snap a picture and put in the magazines?
If your child tantrums in public you’ll be written up about on a news site?
The one where you feel like your life is empty?
Each time you go out with your spouse you have to act all chummy because otherwise they tabloid will write about “trouble in paradise”

And all the cheating husbands
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics