Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight Watchers anyone?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:06 pm
Anyone familiar with weight watchers, please would you explain it to me in short? trying to get a feel for it and see if it is for me

Thanks a lot

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 1:55 pm
I literally just started the program. I get all my info from the WW app.
After answering a bunch of questions they decided on a plan for me and how many daily Smartpoints I can have as well as additional weekly points for moments that you need more . There are three types of plans, Blue, Purple and Green. I am on green. Every day Im allowed a certain amount of smartpoints and I try to stick to it.
On this plan fruits and all non starchy veggies are zero points.
I can determine the amount of points per item by doing a search and putting in the item or scanning the UPC code with my phone . If that item was already in the WW system it will pop up with the amount of points per serving. You can also manually calculate the points based on the nutritional info on a package that you input into the app and it calculates the points for you.
You are allowed food from all the food groups. Nothing is off the table. The choice is yours if you want to use up a lot of points with a slice of pizza or rather have a lot more healthier options. But they encourage you to treat yourself here and there and that’s why the extra weekly points are added so that you can dip into those “savings” for extras. Any points you have leftover at the end of the day that you didn’t use from your daily points will roll over into your weekly points (up to 4 points per day). If you don’t use your weekly points by the end of your week, you lose it).
The app helps you track your food, track your fitness and sleep.
There is a chat group where you can follow other WW participants and their progress. It’s like group support.
I am paying 24.99 a month plus tax for the membership (through the app).
Weight loss is slower than any other diet I’ve tried but I feel much more satisfied and in a way healthier since I started.

I think on the blue plan you are allowed less daily smartpoints but proteins are zero points on that plan as well.

I don’t know anything about the purple plan.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:09 pm
I'm on the blue plan.
Many proteins are 0 points also.
Beans, fish, eggs, boneless chicken breast, turkey breast, fat free plain greek yogurt.
Also all fruits and vegetables are 0 points including corn and peas.

For a woman weighing around 200 lbs, I get 23 daily points plus 30 weekly ones.
I've been on for 3 weeks. I lost about 5 lbs so far. I feel like it's a nice middle of the road amount.
I really don't find myself hungry.
Breakfast I do eggs, usually with vegetables, sometimes cheese.
Lunch I'll do a salad with tuna, salmon, chickpeas.
Occasionally I'll do a sandwich bread and avocado or tuna.
Supper I'll have chicken, roasted vegetables.
I eat fruit for snack. Starch sometimes.
I allow myself some snacks- air popped popcorn, small bag pretzels.
On Shabbos I eat a slice of real challa, chicken soup, grilled chicken, salad, roasted vegetables, compote for dessert.
I have had some cake or cookies on Shabbos.
I track everything.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:12 pm
So that you see the difference between the two plans, from mine to the poster above, I’m allowed 37 points daily and 42 weekly , however proteins are not zero points.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:16 pm
My friend on the green plan gets 16 daily and 25 weekly points. Besides the protein in the blue that's 0 points, brown rice, sweet potatoes, 100% whole wheat pasta, and plain oatmeal are also 0 points.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
My friend on the green plan gets 16 daily and 25 weekly points. Besides the protein in the blue that's 0 points, brown rice, sweet potatoes, 100% whole wheat pasta, and plain oatmeal are also 0 points.
I wonder what they base the point allowance on. That’s a very small amount of points for the green plan. Unless she’s on a different plan.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I wonder what they base the point allowance on. That’s a very small amount of points for the green plan. Unless she’s on a different plan.

I'm sorry I'm going to edit, she's on the purple plan.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 2:25 pm
I'm sorry I'm going to edit, she's on the purple plan.

That makes sense. The plan with more zero point items the less of an allowance of smart points.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:46 pm
I'm confused now. I'm on purple (under 200 lb) and allowed 29 points daily plus 35 weekly.
Oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, all fruits and vegetables, chicken cutlets, fish/salmon, eggs are all free

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:56 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I'm confused now. I'm on purple (under 200 lb) and allowed 29 points daily plus 35 weekly.
Oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, all fruits and vegetables, chicken cutlets, fish/salmon, eggs are all free

That's really weird.
Like I said, that's similar to what I get on Blue.
Are you nursing?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:10 pm
That's really weird.
Like I said, that's similar to what I get on Blue.
Are you nursing?

Yes! Maybe that's why... Didn't think of that

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Yes! Maybe that's why... Didn't think of that

Yeah. All the plans allow extra points for nursing mothers.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:42 pm
You get different amount of points depending on your current weight.

I’m on green and have 30 daily points.
If I would be on blue I would have 23 points.
I would get 16 on purple.

They recommend you try a plan for 2 weeks. If you don’t see success you can switch around but give it 2 weeks before deciding.

The main thing is that you track everything on your phone. Every single thing you eat you track. This keeps you from going overboard. I’m sitting here eating a chocolate coated energy bar as I type this (4 points). I just ate a grilled cheese sandwich (6 points) and grapes (0 points).
You will not feel deprived on weight watchers. The best feeling is weighing in once a week and seeing the results.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:52 pm
I’m on purple plan. I love it. I have tons of free food but only 16 pts and 35 week pts. I think it’s good for someone who eats very little carbs and lots of protein fruits and vegetables. If I’m creative I find it easy not to use points.

Free day example:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with strawberries and cinnamon and Splenda
Banana
Coffee (1/8 cup skim milk is 1 pt)

Snack
Carrots

Lunch
Lentil soup (no oil)
Egg omelet with cottage cheese
(Dh takes 2 WW smoked turkey wraps with Mayo for 5 points)
(Add 9 shibolim for 1 pt)

Snack
Fat free plain Greek yogurt with apple cinnamon and Splenda

Supper:
Quinoa, grill chicken breast, roasted frozen vegetable and 1/2 sweet potato.
Salmon poke bowl. Salmon, brown rice, edamame, vegetables (carrots, cucumber) soy sauce, rice vinegar (avocado adds points)

Dessert: plain microwave popcorn.

You do have to write everything down.
Even a small amount of ketchup, Mayo, sugar, salad dressing, oil adds up really quickly.

We should make a recipe exchange.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:58 pm
My favorite dessert.
Crockpot Compote. I use a bag. 1 cup of water. 12-20 apples (assorted types is best) pears, peaches. Dash of cinnamon, drop of vanilla extract.
Simmer on low for 8 hours.
I strain the liquid and drink it for a treat instead of water.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:02 pm
sky wrote:
I’m on purple plan. I love it. I have tons of free food but only 16 pts and 35 week pts. I think it’s good for someone who eats very little carbs and lots of protein fruits and vegetables. If I’m creative I find it easy not to use points.

Free day example:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with strawberries and cinnamon and Splenda
Banana
Coffee (1/8 cup skim milk is 1 pt)

Snack
Carrots

Lunch
Lentil soup (no oil)
Egg omelet with cottage cheese
(Dh takes 2 WW smoked turkey wraps with Mayo for 5 points)
(Add 9 shibolim for 1 pt)

Snack
Fat free plain Greek yogurt with apple cinnamon and Splenda

Supper:
Quinoa, grill chicken breast, roasted frozen vegetable and 1/2 sweet potato.
Salmon poke bowl. Salmon, brown rice, edamame, vegetables (carrots, cucumber) soy sauce, rice vinegar (avocado adds points)

Dessert: plain microwave popcorn.

You do have to write everything down.
Even a small amount of ketchup, Mayo, sugar, salad dressing, oil adds up really quickly.

We should make a recipe exchange.

I'd love a recipe exchange. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Are beans free on your plan?
I'm on the blue. So beans and chicken breast are free. I make a crockpot chicken chili with assorted canned beans, canned crushed tomatoes, onions, canned corn, celery, sauteed chopped chicken breast.
It's 0 points.
Depends on my mood, I'll eat it plain, with rice (5-6 points a cup), tacos (3-4) points, or a pita (5 points).

sky

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:15 pm
My favorite dessert.
Crockpot Compote. I use a bag. 1 cup of water. 12-20 apples (assorted types is best) pears, peaches. Dash of cinnamon, drop of vanilla extract.
Simmer on low for 8 hours.
I strain the liquid and drink it for a treat instead of water.

For Friday night dessert I just core a lot of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Add water to pan. Bake covered. Serve hot for dessert in pretty bowl. Everyone always thinks there is sugar in it.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:35 pm
I'm on the blue plan. In the past when I started weight watchers I went all in right away lots of chicken breast and salads following the plan to the T and when I lost weight and got to the point of reducing my points I couldn't do it. This time I decided to start off on the healthy habits rather than the weight loss plan so I have 28 points a day and 42 extra a week. I've always needed more food than the average person so this was my way of making it work for me without feeling too restricted. For now I'm losing even on that and I'm hoping that when I stall I'll be able to decrease the points.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:40 pm
Last Shabbos I made apple pear compote.
I used Splenda instead of sugar and it was a zero points dessert.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:51 pm
They're not in season right now, but these baked peaches are yum

https://keepingonpoint.com/201.....hers/
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise