Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Information on Cancun

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:03 pm
Has anyone travelled there recently, or in the past? I need general information about hotel stays (I've been considering Hyatt Ziva or Grand Fiesta Americana, but am open to more suggestions) as well as COVID specific changes. Red Heifer is listed as temporarily closed online, is that accurate?

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 6:55 pm
Bump.. anyone? Is it just as safe nowadays as being in the US regarding Covid?

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 7:01 pm
I also want to know - how do I know about the kashrut there? Dansdeals has some unhelpful info like - check that the meat is imported and not local. Hello! I am very strict about kashrut and I would not go to a restaurant if I needed to inquire about the meat! Can anyone tell me the levels of kashrut in the eateries in Cancun?

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jan 23 2021, 7:46 pm
Was at the hyatt ziva recently, beautiful place, all inclusive , we took fruit/vegetables from them, they offer kosher milk, staff is AMAZING, you dont need to wear masks ( only employees wear masks)
There were loads and loads of Heimshe couples there,
You can walk to ember fleishig restaurant, you can order in from chabad, we also ordyfrom bagbag dairy restaurant,

Keep in mind starting this week you will need a covid test within last 3 days before coming back ( not sure about quarantine)

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:59 am
Bump.. is it safe Covid wise to go there now ?

doctorima

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:45 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Bump.. is it safe Covid wise to go there now ?

There are definitely lots of Jews going there now, but if you're concerned about Covid and have no antibodies, I personally wouldn't even think of going there now. Their positive case numbers are at an all-time high, and the government just added a bunch of restrictions and threatened that if that doesn't work they'll have to go to total lockdown.

And if ch"v someone gets sick there, they won't be allowed back in the US while Covid positive, and I certainly wouldn't want to be at the mercy of Mexican medicine in the event of any Covid complications.

This is in addition to the new rule going into effect on Tuesday requiring you to get a negative Covid test within 3 days of any international return flight, or you won't be allowed on the flight. That means that if your test results are delayed more than 3 days, you'll be stuck. And if they say you're positive, you're stranded there for at least 14 days. I travel quite a lot, but for me, it's not a risk I would want to take.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:04 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics