Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
New Irene fall is full of tight knots, after Sheitelmacher

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:09 pm
My brand new Irene fall was full of knots, so I gave it in to Sheitelmacher who washed it, and removed the knots, and after one wearing its full of knots again. The kind of knots that you CANT get out easily, you have to tear the hair to get the knots out.

Knots look worse in real life than in the photo.

Whats the solution?

I also suspect that the Sheitelmacher may have cut off some hair to get rid of some knots because now it has a thick row of very short hair at the nape, that I didnt notice before and the fall seems lighter (less hair).

WWYD?

Thanks, all.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:13 pm
I bought a fall at a sale and it looks way worse even. Just gave it in to wash with heavy conditioning. Don't know if it will help and because it I got it at a sale, there's no one to even talk to. I'm so upset.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:22 pm
Call sheitel macher and tell her to send it back to the company for conditioning treatment. If that doesn't help ask for a new one.
Heat and wearing it with your coat does make it worse.
Stay on top of it while it's still new because they won't do anything for you after warranty period is expired!!!
Good luck!!!
You must be so upset!!!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:22 pm
Irene's wigs knot very fast. Coats also make wigs knot.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:55 pm
That thick layer of short hair at the nape is how the wig comes. I have 2 Irenes and they both have that. In fact, I believe my other-company wigs have it too.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:14 pm
All wigs come with those short hairs and most shaitels get knotty in the winter/coat weather.
You can try giving it in for a deep conditioning treatment.
I don't think that because you got it on sale you wont get helped. You can take it directly to Irene if your shaitel macher isn't being helpful.
(In general the cheaper and longer the hair is the more it will knot.)

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:16 pm
Also make sure to gently comb out the knots after every wear otherwise it just gets worse and then its really hard to get them out.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:20 pm
I just tried on an irene fall and it got knotty so fast. I am so happy I didn't buy it. It was on sale too...

I would do a deep conditioner (I like to use Garnier fructis sleek and shine) and gently comb out the knots while the shaitel is wet and conditioned. That should get out the knots without cutting any hair but I am not sure what to do about it for future...

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:25 pm
My Irene knot, I mean fall, has been unsuccessful since day 1. When people ask me, I tell them to try a different company.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:42 pm
My Irene fall wasnt on sale. Another Ima on this thread got hers on sale.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:27 pm
You can try putting oil at the nape of the neck. Like jojoba oil or Moroccan oil and brush through. It help for knots and coats. Winter is horrible on wigs.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:47 pm
Im a SM. Welcome to falls in the winter. This is not exclusive to Irene at all. The back if ur coat, sweater, turtleneck is teasing the hair at the back of ur wig into the hat/band all day and it’s creating clumps there. My own fall is terribly knotty Sad
I can’t see the pic but I’m assuming it’s just returns which every wig has
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels