Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Kiddush question

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:24 am
When you have guests and your husband makes kiddush, does he sip from his becher first, then pour from his cup into the little cups?

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:27 am
Of course he first pours out for everyone before sipping.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:06 am
Chasidim very often show achdus and comradery by all sippI ng from sipping from same cup
( hopefully pre Pandemic)

Litvish and yekkish never did that

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:08 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Chasidim very often show achdus and comradery by all sippI ng from sipping from same cup
( hopefully pre Pandemic)

Litvish and yekkish never did that

I'm chassidish and I've never seen non family members drinking from the kiddush cup. Most people pour kiddush into little cups for everyone. We've eaten at enough chassidish homes and have never seen everyone drinking from the same cup.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:38 am
Dh makes kiddush. He pours some of the kiddush into a cup that's mostly full with grape juice or wine. He then drinks from his cup while I either pour out for everyone else, or pour some into my cup and pass it down the table for everyone to pour into their cups.
If we have a very full table, dh pours kiddush into 2 prefilled cups and they get passed down each side of the table.

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:46 am
shanie5 wrote:
Dh makes kiddush. He pours some of the kiddush into a cup that's mostly full with grape juice or wine. He then drinks from his cup while I either pour out for everyone else, or pour some into my cup and pass it down the table for everyone to pour into their cups.
If we have a very full table, dh pours kiddush into 2 prefilled cups and they get passed down each side of the table.

That's what we do. I have a cute small pitcher (meant to be used for cream for coffee but we use for kiddush) that I fill with grape juice before kiddush, DH pours a bit into it before he sips.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:48 am
No, he pours some for himself in another glass sips from that and then gives everyone else, we do that also when we have no guests, my father does the same.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When you have guests and your husband makes kiddush, does he sip from his becher first, then pour from his cup into the little cups?

Ewww.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 1:31 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
No, he pours some for himself in another glass sips from that and then gives everyone else, we do that also when we have no guests, my father does the same.

Same here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics