Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Seriously!!
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:51 pm
What I find so strange is that people are up in arms about distributing a vaccine that has been studied and shown to be relatively safe and effective; they keep screaming that it's experimental and anyone is crazy to agree to be vaccinated. No one sharing the truth about the risks etc etc.

And then when it comes to possible treatments, those same people think it's terrible not to distribute experimental treatments like candy to all the patients. Treatments that have not been studied or shown to be effective or safe for covid patients.

And they talk about hypocrisy....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:54 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
What I find so strange is that people are up in arms about distributing a vaccine that has been studied and shown to be relatively safe and effective; they keep screaming that it's experimental and anyone is crazy to agree to be vaccinated. No one sharing the truth about the risks etc etc.

And then when it comes to possible treatments, those same people think it's terrible not to distribute experimental treatments like candy to all the patients. Treatments that have not been studied or shown to be effective or safe for covid patients.

No vaccine was ever given out so quickly usually takes a few years and even knowing a treatment for the illness here they seem to be clueless but have a vaccine that was created in 6 months with not knowing side effects at all. Medications that are on the market for years they know the side effects

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 8:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No vaccine was ever given out so quickly usually takes a few years and even knowing a treatment for the illness here they seem to be clueless but have a vaccine that was created in 6 months with not knowing side effects at all. Medications that are on the market for years they know the side effects

Vaccine trials were done, as I'm sure you know.

You haven't answered yet: what political reason exists for the whole world withholding covid treatment?

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:02 pm
I just read the link and would like to comment as a scientist who regularly performs PCR tests.

This directive is not telling anyone to reduce the cycle count in PCR tests to get a more accurate representation of COVID cases.

It's asking labs to carefully follow instructions provided by manufacturers of the PCR tests. There are multiple kits available by different companies to run the PCR tests. Usually there are slight variations in the settings required to run the tests and analyze the results based on the specific kit/manufacturer.

This directive is simply telling labs to follow the manufacturer's specifications.

Nothing political here, please don't misinterpret. 400,000+ americans have now died of this disease,
hospitals are overwhelmed with covid patients. This is not some worldwide political plot.

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Go read it and take it apart

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:04 pm
21 people!!!! have liked op's entirely made up first post on the thread. Unbelievable. People are so desperate to feed their conspiracy theories they require nothing more than a completely anonymous person's words.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:06 pm
21 people!!!! have liked op's entirely made up first post on the thread. Unbelievable. People are so desperate to feed their conspiracy theories they require nothing more than a completely anonymous person's words.

I’m so sorry you didn’t have as many people liking your posts.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m so sorry you didn’t have as many people liking your posts.

I don't need likes. I need to know that people care about truth. Oh well.

So, how about sharing the political reason the whole world is withholding covid treatment?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 9:46 pm
Hello? Anyone? It seems we have a worldwide problem of withholding effective covid treatment for political reasons. Can someone please explain what those political reasons are?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 10:36 pm
What's up with the silence?

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:19 pm
The idea that the pandemic is completely out of control and Trump does not have control over it is political. Vaccines is big pharma in addition to politics.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:22 pm
HealthCoach wrote:
The idea that the pandemic is completely out of control and Trump does not have control over it is political. Vaccines is big pharma in addition to politics.

If it's under control why are so many people still dying every day? Trump is controlling covid? I'm so confused here. What about every other country in the world? What is political about the vaccine?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The polio vaccine was rolled out with the same speed going from a clinical trial to huge numbers of school children being vaccinated in about a year.

Parents were so thrilled to have the specter of death or paralysis lifted that they signed consent forms for mass vaccinations in classrooms

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:45 pm

I am the same person who is up in arms that treatment isn't readily available. And in the same sentence I wrote that the new vaccines are not readily available. I am so upset about both.
No hypocrisy.

Aylat

Post Thu, Jan 21 2021, 11:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

This was published on 13 January. Nothing to do with Biden.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:00 am
Aylat wrote:
This was published on 13 January. Nothing to do with Biden.

Was discovered 1/13 but published 1/20 go back and check

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 12:03 am
Updated 1/20/21

https://www.who.int/news/item/.....20-05

https://mobile.twitter.com/dkw.....35400

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:14 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Updated 1/20/21

https://www.who.int/news/item/.....20-05

https://mobile.twitter.com/dkw.....35400

What is written in the tweet just does not match what's written in the bulletin. At all. This is not about reading between the lines, it's about inventing something out of thin air.

And you still haven't explained what the political reason is for this release.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 8:39 am
Agree with amother Pewter. This tweet completely misinterprets the release.

It says clinical symptoms have to be taken into account and a 2nd test may be necessary if results don't match the patient symptoms. Some patients get an initial negative test if it's soon after infection when viral load is still low and later test positive. If you have a patient with a negative test who suddenly develops pneumonia and covid symptoms then a follow up test might be in order... It's also possible to have a false positive but those are not common.

I think you're seeing fire where there is none. So many people have been suffering from Covid, how could this be made up for political gain. I personally know healthcare workers treating covid patients, the hospitals and medical staff are overwhelmed. This is happening worldwide, not just in the states. Some people in the community have gotten terribly sick from this or lost loved ones, spreading misinformation like this and refusing to accept reality will just prolong the suffering.

Please stop spreading misinformation, follow health guidelines to protect your families, and get vaccinated when you can.

What is written in the tweet just does not match what's written in the bulletin. At all. This is not about reading between the lines, it's about inventing something out of thin air.

And you still haven't explained what the political reason is for this release.

Bluepink

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I am the same person who is up in arms that treatment isn't readily available. And in the same sentence I wrote that the new vaccines are not readily available. I am so upset about both.
No hypocrisy.

Where do you live that treatments aren’t available? Everyone has access to remdesivir. Anyone who fits the criteria can get monoclonal antibodies as an outpatient in an emergency room. People are admitted for oxygen support and steroids. I don’t see any mass withholding of treatment.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jan 22 2021, 10:59 am
Bluepink wrote:
Where do you live that treatments aren’t available? Everyone has access to remdesivir. Anyone who fits the criteria can get monoclonal antibodies as an outpatient in an emergency room. People are admitted for oxygen support and steroids. I don’t see any mass withholding of treatment.

Also wondering where they aren't rolling out the vaccine. It's a complicated process since the two doses need to be timed and obviously they would like to prioritize according to need. Not every state is managing the logistics well, as all logistics go. But there's nothing political about that.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics