Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Information about Bais Mikroh, Monsey
Previous  1  2

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:21 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
The people who posted it should have done their own research first. It is not currently a problem and they would have had no trouble finding that out.
I’m sorry to be harsh but this is straight out LH-or motzi Shem ra- in a very public forum, and is 100% wrong.

I delete my posts, but I hadn't realized it was an issue. Plenty of chedarim do that. Sorry.

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:24 pm
There is no mitzva to share information about past mistakes that people have (maybe)made.
I am all for exposing a current problem and am the first to denounce “ pushing things under the rug,” and allowing terrible behavior to continue- especially at the expense of innocent children. But that is not what we are discussing here. This is not a current problem and is completely irrelevant to OP’s question.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:54 pm
OP- I don’t know know what grade you need for,

But in addition to Bais Mikrah, there is Ramapo Cheder (1st grade is oldest class) which is the “new Cheder” and overseen by R Eisgrau, and Toras Chaim (Perlsteins. Oldest grade is 2nd).

Ramapo Cheder has the mix like the regular Cheder, and Toras Chaim is a Lakewood style Cheder - only Kollel and klei kodesh- most yeshivish element of Bais mikroh and Bais Dovid.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:22 pm
Op, drive by the yeshiva at recess time. See if your dh can join a minyan there.

I know someone that had a interview at a DIFFERENT Monsey yeshiva, in the last 8 years. The father walked into the building just in time to see an adult hit a child. He walked out and called to say he wont be able to make the interview. He sent his kids elsewhere.

(I mentioned this to a mom from the yeshiva, she acknowledged that her kids get petched in yeshiva. Shockingly it didn't bother her. I know a young teen that was patched in this yeshiva and is struggling today)

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:35 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Op, drive by the yeshiva at recess time. See if your dh can join a minyan there.

I know someone that had a interview at a DIFFERENT Monsey yeshiva, in the last 8 years. The father walked into the building just in time to see an adult hit a child. He walked out and called to say he wont be able to make the interview. He sent his kids elsewhere.

(I mentioned this to a mom from the yeshiva, she acknowledged that her kids get petched in yeshiva. Shockingly it didn't bother her. I know a young teen that was patched in this yeshiva and is struggling today)

Plenty of Yeshivas potch. But it doesn't happen to most students.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:39 pm
Please let's not let this turn into a thread about schools that hit students, baruch hashem I am happy to hear that it is not a concern in Bais mikroh now.
Thank you all for your help everyone! I really appreciate it!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:48 pm
Op, look into Degel. I don’t know to what degree of yeshivish they are, but Rabbi Schwab is the sweetest and most honest person and he would tell you if you are a good fit. They definitely have an anti hitting policy. (This includes a no hitting policy between students as well)

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
The people who posted it should have done their own research first. It is not currently a problem and they would have had no trouble finding that out.

I'll take your word for it that it no longer happens, and I will delete my post. I sure hope you're right.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 7:31 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
The school got a lot of flak for hitting a few years ago and I believe they don't do it anymore.

Some amothers insist that the situation has changed and therefore my post is not relevant any longer. I have deleted my post, and if you are willing to do so as well, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:00 pm
I have two sons. One there in a very young grade and one that I pulled out this year from a middle grade. I am looking for another school for my younger one at the moment.
If your child is a coolie cutter child who learns amazing and can fit into that box its a good school otherwise its not. My son was really messed up from his rebbe last year(that was fired this year bh) and his english teacher was only decent if you were the top of the class.
The real.problem was even though I was in touch all hear with both hebrew rebbe and English teacher, rhe hanhala took until late July to acknowledge any issue and by them it was too late. Bh I have him in a much smaller school where he is thriving today.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics