Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Alumni sponsor

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:12 am
A small vent!
My high school does a big fundraiser every year. Every year there’s a teacher that calls every girl to get money. It’s never a question always a demand. Always put politely as “how would you like to pay your pledge.”
I never pledged. I’m out of school for 15 years. I have so many miserable memories from the teachers and principals invading my space, always talking down to me, fining me left right and center for “tznius” infractions.
Stop calling!!
Take me off your list. I haven’t showed up once in 15 years to a fundraiser. Haven’t “pledged” a dime even once. Get. The. Message.

Thank god I have the means to give but not to people who demand money from me as if I owe it to them. I don’t. My parents paid full tuition for me and all my siblings. I chose not to fund this institution please lose my number. I have blocked the main number but each year it’s another teacher gushing with sweetness for my “pledge”
Vent over

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:43 am
I agree with you. I also had a horrible high school experience and I would never give them a penny. My school has former classmates calling instead of teachers. It's also very uncomfortable to say no to them, but it doesn't matter.

One year my high school did their dinner l'zecher nishmas a woman who had been very close to my family. I was so torn, on the one hand I wanted to honor her memory, on the other hand, I didn't want to give them money. My mother reminded me that there are many ways to honor her memory, and I don't have to give them anything if I don't want to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics