Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDY did it
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:37 pm
I'm still so impressed from last night's bdy performance. I just read a few other threads hearing about this school . (I went in honor of a dear friend) I saw yesterday the atmosphere, I must say I'm happy for monsey that such a school exists. The staff came across so amazing , devoted, such warm atmosphere, and the confidence each child holds , you can just see the way the girls show up that they are in good hands . Every girl gets a chance. I'm beyond impressed! Looks to be like a lovely , openminded , neutral , erlich , frum, school. Kudos to monsey for opening a school where girls can thrive and shine!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:59 pm
I agree it's a great school but a school play shows nothing on how good a school is. Every school makes nice plays.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:10 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I agree it's a great school but a school play shows nothing on how good a school is. Every school makes nice plays.

Did you see me write anything about the play? I was impressed of the crowd and the whole way the school showed off . That doesn't have to do with if the play was nice or not . I was talking about the crowd, the girls . Of course you can tell the image of a school when going to a play . I go to many different school performances , and I can always see the type of school it is . Its Not hard to figure this out. .

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

True but the confidence of each girl and the atmosphere you dont find everywhere!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm still so impressed from last night's bdy performance. I just read a few other threads hearing about this school . (I went in honor of a dear friend) I saw yesterday the atmosphere, I must say I'm happy for monsey that such a school exists. The staff came across so amazing , devoted, such warm atmosphere, and the confidence each child holds , you can just see the way the girls show up that they are in good hands . Every girl gets a chance. I'm beyond impressed! Looks to be like a lovely , openminded , neutral , erlich , frum, school. Kudos to monsey for opening a school where girls can thrive and shine!

Did BDY have a performance last nite? During Covid? Indoors because it's too cold for outside in Monsey.

How can you call it an erlich school when they chose to expose hundreds of people to Covid for a performance? Are they so open-minded that their brains fell out?

We are not talking about davening or school, we are talking about something that can be pushed off to next year or never.

[b]

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:10 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Did BDY have a performance last nite? During Covid? Indoors because it's too cold for outside in Monsey.

How can you call it an erlich school when they chose to expose hundreds of people to Covid for a performance? Are they so open-minded that their brains fell out?

We are not talking about davening or school, we are talking about something that can be pushed off to next year or never.

[b]

Go away!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

[b]

This is such a rude , negative reaction . I dont know where you live , but where we live everything is up and running. It's not just this school that performed. Many others did as well . And whoever doesn't wanna be exposed dont go , and obviously their are people that are ok going out and exposing themselves , those who don't, dont go.. you must be very bitter and seems like you are in lock down yourself that your giving yourself out like this . I guess your already going crazy. Here by us weddings are up, and stores are open , so are schools. No one goes crazy anymore besides people that are still paranoid. These comments you gave , and the way you just came to lower a place is beyond. I'm sorry if your still dealing with what we all dealt with back in April but that had all changed . I dont know in what planet you are , but I keep hearing people go vacation , hotels are open and life goes on . Maybe not the same as before the covid , but how long can people go crazy . I'm sure it's not what hashem wants that we all sit home depressed . Everything is bashert. I know people that took caution and didnt step out and ended up dying rl. The way your expressing seems like you already became affected from living this way. Why should other people get affected like this ? Its totally ok . 100 of schools are open and doing chigigas I mean c'mon.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:18 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

[b]

This is exactly what I was thinking. Appalled that such a thing is going on.
Is it even legal to hold a school performance indoors in NY right now??

What happened to venishmartem? Can't you wait a few more months for this type of thing?

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:19 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

[b]

Gasp monsey, willi, bp, Monroe have not been following covid rules since May, all is good here!! So stay where u live and let our kids live breath and be kids

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:31 pm
Regarding covid you can open in different thread. The ones that are still social distancing, open a different thread to get your chizik . Sorry that it shifted off topic . I was simply praising a school. Why cant people fargin? Such bad middos! Where did the topic of covid even come in here ? I find here on imam the most crazy threads about covid not seeing it anywhere else . It's all over the place here. So you wanna tell me people skipped chanuka partying, dont send their kids to school, dont go out , dont live a life in other words ??? Now when most people already had it and vaccine came out its time to wake up again. But that should be left to discuss on a different thread. I came here to share my thoughts and praise . I'm sorry who couldn't take it . Tough luck!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Regarding covid you can open in different thread. The ones that are still social distancing, open a different thread to get your chizik . Sorry that it shifted off topic . I was simply praising a school. Why cant people fargin? Such bad middos! Where did the topic of covid even come in here ? I find here on imam the most crazy threads about covid not seeing it anywhere else . It's all over the place here. So you wanna tell me people skipped chanuka partying, dont send their kids to school, dont go out , dont live a life in other words ??? Now when most people already had it and vaccine came out its time to wake up again. But that should be left to discuss on a different thread. I came here to share my thoughts and praise . I'm sorry who couldn't take it . Tough luck!

I just wanna add that I dont mean high risk people. Obviously those who are high risk know to watch but people that are healthy and good why should they live miserable now. Its enough and unfortunate for the high riskers .

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You came to praise a school? Why can't people fargin?
People can't fargin because you came to praise a school that did something that can risk the lives of others. That's not fargin-worthy.

I can see people arguing that kids should be in school for their mental health, but there is absolutely no need for them to be holding school performances right now.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Gasp monsey, willi, bp, Monroe have not been following covid rules since May, all is good here!! So stay where u live and let our kids live breath and be kids

OOT. BH school's open and flourishing. Kids try to stay in their class bubble so no play but there will be a production iyH with each class doing their thing and I think it'll be zoomed or livestreamed.
The middle school will have GO stuff and RCh skits done by different grades and then shown on the smart boards.
Yes, it's not 100% but the kids seem to be happy with it.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 5:57 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Go away!

This should be the standard reply to covid comments in unrelated threads!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:02 pm
I'm so glad to hear firsthand positive information on this school.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:17 pm
Please leave your covid comments somewhere else. It's rude and doesn't add anything to this thread. There are a million other covid threads where you can post.
Many schools in Monsey are making performances now, this is about a specific school, so please don't bring the covid comments onto non covid related threads.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Was there too
No family in school
Just family friends
Its interesting that I told a couple of friends this morning basically the same thing
What a refined ehrliche happy vibe the girls and staff exude!
Kol hakoved!!

I expected a much different crowd as I only heard on Imamother about this school and didn’t see very nice things written here
The crowd had plenty of shpitzlach the frummest chasiddish headcovering there is
As well as simple chassidish with hats and bands
As well as very ehrliche looking knee covered elbow covered etc more stylish chassidish women
In my opinion a beautiful mix and true display of ahavas yosroel without the gaiveh that so many elitest schools parent bodies have

If I would have a girl I would for sure consider sending especially instead of begging my way into a gaiveh filled school that doesn’t even want my daughter in their school

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:30 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Please leave your covid comments somewhere else. It's rude and doesn't add anything to this thread. There are a million other covid threads where you can post.
Many schools in Monsey are making performances now, this is about a specific school, so please don't bring the covid comments onto non covid related threads.

Schools in Brooklyn are also making performances, not just Monsey schools.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:30 pm
I find this thread insensitive as we have a simultaneous thread running with mother's crying that they can't get their daughters into school in Monsey.

So what a great idea to open a thread basically praising a school that mothers are dying for but have no access to.

A little seichel on timing please.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:33 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I find this thread insensitive as we have a simultaneous thread running with mother's crying that they can't get their daughters into school in Monsey.

So what a great idea to open a thread basically praising a school that mothers are dying for but have no access to.

A little seichel on timing please.

Haha, if you read the other thread you'll see that this school does accept basically most that apply, given they have space, but OP doesn't want to send to this school.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics