Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDY did it
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:37 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Of adults, not minors.

What? Always of random kids.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:55 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Of adults, not minors.

It's legal to post any pictures taken in public, regardless of minor or adult.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
You are wrong. Indoor school performances aren’t considered public venues legally. Additionally, many BDY parents were upset to hear their children were all over social media.

They're considered public if they're open to the public, which this was. This wasn't a private event. I can see why mother's are upset about it, and it's not because it's illegal. They just don't want their kids advertised. But you can't control what other's do.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:59 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
There are full crowd weddings every night in every simcha hall in every chassidisha community and theres generally no crazy cases afaik.

I guess people dying doesn't qualify as crazy? Because there are still too many deaths in the community.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I guess people dying doesn't qualify as crazy? Because there are still too many deaths in the community.

Take your covid comments elsewhere. There are enough covid threads, not every thread needs to be turned into a covid thread. Goodbye

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Take your covid comments elsewhere. There are enough covid threads, not every thread needs to be turned into a covid thread. Goodbye

I didn't turn it into anything. I responded to another post on this exact topic.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Monsey has been Norma since May!! Schools had shabbosim and performances more then a a few weeks ago and nothing

I don’t know where you get your sources from but monsey has most definitely not been normal since may. My kids Chanuka and siddur performances were cancelled this year. My high school daughters yearly school play in January was cancelled too. Please don’t make such general statements.

fmt4

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is such a rude , negative reaction . I dont know where you live , but where we live everything is up and running. It's not just this school that performed. Many others did as well . And whoever doesn't wanna be exposed dont go , and obviously their are people that are ok going out and exposing themselves , those who don't, dont go.. you must be very bitter and seems like you are in lock down yourself that your giving yourself out like this . I guess your already going crazy. Here by us weddings are up, and stores are open , so are schools. No one goes crazy anymore besides people that are still paranoid. These comments you gave , and the way you just came to lower a place is beyond. I'm sorry if your still dealing with what we all dealt with back in April but that had all changed . I dont know in what planet you are , but I keep hearing people go vacation , hotels are open and life goes on . Maybe not the same as before the covid , but how long can people go crazy . I'm sure it's not what hashem wants that we all sit home depressed . Everything is bashert. I know people that took caution and didnt step out and ended up dying rl. The way your expressing seems like you already became affected from living this way. Why should other people get affected like this ? Its totally ok . 100 of schools are open and doing chigigas I mean c'mon.

Not sure why you think you can speak for all of Monsey. All the schools I know of are following the rules and wouldn’t dream of having school performances this year.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:15 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I don’t know where you get your sources from but monsey has most definitely not been normal since may. My kids Chanuka and siddur performances were cancelled this year. My high school daughters yearly school play in January was cancelled too. Please don’t make such general statements.

All Chassidish schools have been normal

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:16 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Not sure why you think you can speak for all of Monsey. All the schools I know of are following the rules and wouldn’t dream of having school performances this year.

That’s maybe 3-5 schools

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:16 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

It depends on the circles but a huge majority dropped the rules, even within school. Some that were careful with mask wearing two months ago don’t have their students wear masks anymore. It’s unfortunate that there is such a divide but there is a large portion of Monsey that have not been following any rules for many many months. Of course there are those that still follow . But if I walk into a store anywhere in Monsey I am usually from the minority wearing a mask.

fmt4

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
That’s maybe 3-5 schools

I understand that you live in a Chassidish bubble where no one else exists, but you do get that Monsey is not only Chassidish. Some of us here actually care about following the rules, care about making a chilul hashem, and care about causing sickness and death.
The selfishness is unbelievable.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:28 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I understand that you live in a Chassidish bubble where no one else exists, but you do get that Monsey is not only Chassidish. Some of us here actually care about following the rules, care about making a chilul hashem, and care about causing sickness and death.
The selfishness is unbelievable.

Thanks! But besides being try few schools most is running normal frim the groceries to the weddings. The people following are from the minority

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:29 pm
OT, the principal Mrs. Amsel, that comic cook mentioned, does anyone know her first name? I'm wondering if I know who she is.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:38 pm
I know you meant well but you can't trust people on the internet or in this group. I wouldn't put so many details out in the public like this.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:51 pm
Some chassidish schools are having performances and all non chassidish schools currently have midwinter break and many are traveling to Florida and all over. It's fun to bash others but everyone sins differently.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:02 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Some chassidish schools are having performances and all non chassidish schools currently have midwinter break and many are traveling to Florida and all over. It's fun to bash others but everyone sins differently.

H-shem counts each sin on it's own, he's not comparing your sins to other people's sins.

At 120 many many Yidden will have a lot to answer for their behaviors that spread Covid. My RY is dead from Covid, my friends are dead from Covid, but you keep thinking that all behavior is fine because someone else is doing worse.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:36 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
OT, the principal Mrs. Amsel, that comic cook mentioned, does anyone know her first name? I'm wondering if I know who she is.

She's an amazing person. If you give me hints I can verify if she's who you think she is.

She's the one that composed the song ' I accept '. After the school that she was principal closed down.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:41 pm
I think her name is Miriam.

amother [ Pink ] wrote:

Sprinkles1

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
The comic cook on Instagram has videos and comments in her stories. Really beautiful how they included all students and the theme of gratitude was also so beautiful.

Link?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics