Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BDY did it
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:47 am
fmt4 wrote:
I understand that you live in a Chassidish bubble where no one else exists, but you do get that Monsey is not only Chassidish. Some of us here actually care about following the rules, care about making a chilul hashem, and care about causing sickness and death.
The selfishness is unbelievable.

The self hate is appalling.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:45 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
She's an amazing person. If you give me hints I can verify if she's who you think she is.

She's the one that composed the song ' I accept '. After the school that she was principal closed down.

Yep that's the one! Does she now live in Monsey or does she commute?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 7:20 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

We are not talking about davening or school, we are talking about something that can be pushed off to next year or never.

[b]

To the op- I love your positive experience and the idea of the environment you encountered- not to be diminished,
However,
I am really struggling with this, my daughter is just turning 3, I am still looking for schools and this one was on my list but it and others are so " over" covid I am truly worried about safety and just the idea that health and hygiene are not being taught in school as a value- Relatedly her playgroup teacher would not let her wash her hands after the bath room like I am teaching her, and my son's cheder is not at all making time to wash hands even before and after lunch!(said he can't wash hands because he will be left behind on way to lunch room!)

- soap and water is so important to health always- and especially now.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 7:31 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Relatedly her playgroup teacher would not let her wash her hands after the bath room like I am teaching her.

WHY?

That’s insane.

Doesn’t the teacher herself wash her hands after using the bathroom?

Why would she prevent a kid from doing so?

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 7:38 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Op- I love your positive experience and the idea of the environment you encountered- not to be diminished,
However,
I am really struggling with this, my daughter is just turning 3, I am still looking for schools and this one was on my list but it and others are so " over" covid I am truly worried about safety and just the idea that health and hygiene are not being taught in school as a value- Relatedly her playgroup teacher would not let her wash her hands after the bath room like I am teaching her, and my son's cheder is not at all making time to wash hands even before and after lunch!(said he can't wash hands because he will be left behind)

Even for those who are not making- soap and water is so important to health always- and especially now.

Banging head Banging head Banging head

Basic cleanliness was a thing before COVID too you know. Perhaps consider moving to a community that prioritizes soap and hand washing.

Ew.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
This should be the standard reply to covid comments in unrelated threads!

Sorry there is a magifa everything is a related thread Covid-19 Covid-19

momonthemove

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:30 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
That’s maybe 3-5 schools

which schools ARE following the rules?
Really would love to know, sad I don't know of any personal in Monsey, happy to hear they exist!

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:37 pm
sequoia wrote:
WHY?

That’s insane.

Doesn’t the teacher herself wash her hands after using the bathroom?

Why would she prevent a kid from doing so?

That was me - it really is- we decided to pull her out (to be fair it is a maternity leave sub, but still)

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:46 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Last nights performance filled me with so much joy and nachas! My girls love their school and their school loves having them. I wouldn’t trade that for anything!!

How long have your girls been there? What age did you start them?

amother
Black

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:56 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
What? Always of random kids.

Not allowed to show full faces...

momonthemove

Post Mon, Feb 15 2021, 1:03 pm
momonthemove wrote:
which schools ARE following the rules?
Really would love to know, sad I don't know of any personal in Monsey, happy to hear they exist!

Maybe they don't.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics