Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would it be a really dumb idea
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:45 pm
To get pregnant now? I’d like to get off bc but the stories coming out of Israel with pregnant women critical and dying are scaring me. Would I be putting myself in harms way by getting off bc now?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:48 pm
What stories are you hearing? Ive heard of many women giving birth to healthy babies.

But why not ask your doctor instead of a group of women that cant really give you an actual answer?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:53 pm
Depends if you have antibodies or not. Depends if you can stay home 24/7.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:55 pm
I can't speak for risks of having Covid and pregnant, I'm not familiar with the studies (if any) or reports. However, I did become pregnant in Feb last year and bh am holding my baby in my arms Smile. I did not get Covid bh but was very careful. I think things are only getting better in terms of volume of people that may get infected as iyh it will get lower as more people become immune.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 2:56 pm
You’re gonna get polarizing opinions here.
Bottom line is- if you want to get pregnant, you’ll only pay attention to all the ones saying it’s not a dumb idea and disregard the ones saying it is a dumb idea.
If you don’t really want to, you’ll only pay attention to all the ones saying it is a dumb idea and disregard the ones saying it’s not a dumb idea.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:05 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Bottom line is- if you want to get pregnant, you’ll only pay attention to all the ones saying it’s not a dumb idea and disregard the ones saying it is a dumb idea.
If you don’t really want to, you’ll only pay attention to all the ones saying it is a dumb idea and disregard the ones saying it’s not a dumb idea.

I agree with this.
I got pregnant in January and my daughter is 3 months now. I TG did not get Covid.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:07 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Depends if you have antibodies or not. Depends if you can stay home 24/7.

No and no. Dh has antibodies though.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:09 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

I want to. But I also don’t want to die.

tichellady

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:14 pm
Obviously a very personal choice but I don’t think it’s a very dumb idea.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No and no. Dh has antibodies though.

So then it might be a dumb idea...maybe wait a few months after you get the vaccine?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:06 pm
I am newly pregnant. I have a very big gap since my last child. Time-wise everything was right.

We may have had covid back in March but never got tested or tested for anti-bodies.

I don't think it is dumb at all. Life can't be on hold forever.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:09 pm
I know plenty of healthy long term babies born in the last few months. Lot of their mothers had covid whilst pregnant.

I don’t know anyone who had complications.

I do hear from the media pregnant women in Israel who had covid and then lo aleinu had complications. I also heard about pregnant women who took the vaccine and then got complications. So it’s really really hard to know.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:16 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I know plenty of healthy long term babies born in the last few months. Lot of their mothers had covid whilst pregnant.

I don’t know anyone who had complications.

I do hear from the media pregnant women in Israel who had covid and then lo aleinu had complications. I also heard about pregnant women who took the vaccine and then got complications. So it’s really really hard to know.

The thing is, those who are fine are fine (high majority). But those who are not fine are dead. Or their baby is. Not everyone has the same risk tolerance.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:17 pm
I’m in the same boat as you...I can’t shake the feeling that getting pregnant now is just plain irresponsible so I plan on waiting 3-4 months to see how/if the vaccine changes the trajectory of the virus. I will reevaluate then. If nothing has changed by then I will wait

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:23 pm
If you are in Israel wait until this surge is over.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:41 pm
A lot of us are TTCing now. Just read the relevant threads. So if you try, you’re not alone. But we each make our own calculations.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 4:43 pm
I am nearing the age when I planned to be done having babies and would love one more. We are close to being "ready" to have another one but my covid anxiety is high and I think there's no way that a constant stress can be healthy to a fetus. So while I'm prepping myself mentally and physically, I know that now is not the right time for me. And I will have to reevaluate in a few months.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:03 pm
Do what you want and ignore the naysayers. There is a G-d who runs the world. The medical world is not advising against pregnancy just saying to be responsible. I was pregnant before Covid hit and never had it and unfortunately lost the pregnancy in my second trimester anyways. I am bH pregnant again and just being very careful. I work in my own office and avoid social gatherings. I just hope and pray that I give birth to a healthy baby without complications at the right time iyH. My doctor clearly told me that Covid being here was not a reason to not try. However, he does recommend the vaccine and I am on a waitlist to get it. The benefit definitely outweighs the risk.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I agree with this.
I got pregnant in January and my daughter is 3 months now. I TG did not get Covid.

I have a 4 month old BH and did get covid during first trimester. OP I def say go for it.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 9:42 pm
I had a similar though diff situation with my last pregnancy four years ago. My mom was dying, and friends were advising me to hold off, but I’d planned it this way for so long and didn’t want to hold off anymore.
She died in my first trimester, knowing I was pregnant. I spent the better part of my pregnancy caring for my siblings and just being overwhelmed by it all. And now I have the most yummy three year old.
Would I take it back? Hard to say. At some point I thought I should’ve waited and it would’ve been easier.
But also now that I’m feeling the push again I don’t know.
Why do these conundrums keep happening to me
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics