Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim seuda on Friday!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:33 pm
What are you serving? Is anyone serving dairy? When do you have the meal?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 11:35 pm
We will be super low key both for covid, Friday and my dad and husband are both in aveilut. Instead of 20 friends with a theme will be just my parents and my family. Thinking bagel brunch immediately following late Megillah (11/12?) Maybe some baked ziti and lox too. But def this is the year for simplicity

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 10:01 am
I was wondering the same thing. Also what is the schedule going to look like? We usually have a marathon of delivering, megilla then a seuda at 2/3. How do we fit it all in? I am assuming we have to start the seuda before chatzos...?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 10:24 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
We will be super low key both for covid, Friday and my dad and husband are both in aveilut. Instead of 20 friends with a theme will be just my parents and my family. Thinking bagel brunch immediately following late Megillah (11/12?) Maybe some baked ziti and lox too. But def this is the year for simplicity

Hugs. You can still pull out all the stops for a seudah, they still have the mitzvah. Now it being erev Shabbos, people might want to eat lighter.
I'm not dissing your menu. It's sounds delicious. If this is what will be enjoyed, go for it. (Do ask a shaila about a seuda before megilla though.)

Fave

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:27 am
Our minhag is to do 2 seudahs on Purim day. One right after Megillah and one right before Shkiah. Not sure how we will fit it in this year.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:47 am
Of course dairy. I'm not about to serve fleishik for lunch and then again for supper. We'll have salmon, possibly a soup with melted cheese, and since it's not fleishik we can have fresh brewed coffee (I don't do fake creamer). Dessert may depend on what we get for MM unless I remember to buy ice cream.

Delivering MM should take a half hour after a.m. megillah, if that, and then we can have our seudah.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:52 am
Fave wrote:
Our minhag is to do 2 seudahs on Purim day. One right after Megillah and one right before Shkiah. Not sure how we will fit it in this year.

Go to a Megillah at vatikin. It becomes a popular option when Purim is on a Friday. You can go home for breakfast (including washing) afterwards while most people are in shul, and then have reasonable time for mishloach manot afterwards before coming home for another seuda.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 12:00 pm
It's going to be just us with no guests so we're thinking of just doing deli sandwiches and maybe some soup.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 12:22 pm
Thinking of doing a nice soup and a meat board. I want something that looks elegant.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 12:31 pm
We usually go to my in-laws for Purim but I'm due iyh 3 days before Purim this year. Wink
So no idea what's gonna be.
If haven't had the baby by then, we definitely can't go (2 hour drive) and stay for shabbos.....but I don't want to cook in advance, in case I've already had the baby or am in the hospital???

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 10:47 pm
any more ideas?

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 10:48 pm
looking for meat menu ideas

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 11 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
We usually go to my in-laws for Purim but I'm due iyh 3 days before Purim this year. Wink
So no idea what's gonna be.
If haven't had the baby by then, we definitely can't go (2 hour drive) and stay for shabbos.....but I don't want to cook in advance, in case I've already had the baby or am in the hospital???

If so you'll have a delicious dinner or shabbos meal when you come home from the hospital!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics