Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kalahari info please

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:27 am
Does it have skiing or snow tubing as part of the resort? If not, what is a place nearby that has one or both of these ?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:44 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Does it have skiing or snow tubing as part of the resort? If not, what is a place nearby that has one or both of these ?

Sky Top

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:51 am
Camelback Resort

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 4:57 am
How far are sky top and camel back from kalahari? Do I need to book tickets in advance ? Or can I show up the day of?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:08 am
Camelback is about a 15-20 minute drive from Kalahari.
They also have an indoor water park.
There is also Blue Mountain Resort - that’s about a 40 minute drive from Kalahari.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:25 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
How far are sky top and camel back from kalahari? Do I need to book tickets in advance ? Or can I show up the day of?

Sky Top is probably 30 min away but the same distance from the city as Kalahari just other highways. They have way more activities for
their guests. I love it there. Give them a call.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:35 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Sky Top is probably 30 min away but the same distance from the city as Kalahari just other highways. They have way more activities for
their guests. I love it there. Give them a call.

We are staying at kalahari. I’m just looking for a place nearby to do skiing or snow tubing.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:38 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
We are staying at kalahari. I’m just looking for a place nearby to do skiing or snow tubing.

Right you can contact them in regard to activities for non guests as well. They have a lot of snow activities.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:09 am
Blue Mountain is a little farther than Camelback, but the snowtubing and skiing there are much better and less crowded.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:42 am
doctorima wrote:
Blue Mountain is a little farther than Camelback, but the snowtubing and skiing there are much better and less crowded.

What makes them better ? Aside from the less crowded part ?

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:59 am
When I looked into the snowtubing several years ago, the length of the hills/runs at Blue Mt. were much longer than Camelback, and they also offered the option of tying multiple tubes together so adults can go down with kids, though you should verify this. The vertical for skiing their mountain is also bigger than Camelback. Plus the lack of crowds.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:07 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

You gave me a good laugh! I thought at first glance you meant the Kalahari desert in Africa! There's no skiing there for sure. Didn't realize there's a place in the US with that name, too. Rolling Laughter

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:10 am
About 45 minutes away is montage mountain. (Moosic pa, right near scranton) that has skiing and snow tubing. Cant tell you more cuz I haven't done either.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:56 pm
Montage is very family-friendly and budget-friendly, and their skiing and tubing are great for beginners and young kids, but Blue Mt. offers much more adventure and adrenaline (if that's what you're after).

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:38 pm
We really enjoyed montage mountain last winter. It was really not crowded and they have great tubing and skiing. It's not very far from kalahari.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:50 pm
Thanks for all this info. Much appreciated and I will look into all these options.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:20 pm
Would anyone know which of all these tubing places is cheapest?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics