Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
14 yr old daughter stuck in Orlando due to COVID
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14 15  16  17  Next

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:49 pm
DrMom wrote:
I tend to agree with this.

Some of the suggestions that people are making (Just put her on a plane! She won't be the only covid-positive passenger anyway! She'll be traumatized for life -- it's a matter of life and death to get her out of that hotel room!) are just bizarre and off-the-charts selfish.

Sometimes there are consequences for acting irresponsibly. Anybody knows that travelling out of state these days is a risk. It makes more sense for your daughter to stay in a hotel room for a few days than for her to potentially expose 100s of others to covid on some form of mass transportation.

The risk of transmission from a masked positive person on a HEPA equipped plane is extremely low according to numerous studies. The air is cleaner than the air in an operating room.

What is bizarre is to contemplate abusing a 14 year old child who was simply exposed, and leaving her to fend for herself in a hotel room a thousand miles from her parents is abusive. Whether the parents were right for sending her is a different discussion. Right now they have a vulnerable young girl who is stranded. There is a time and a place for adhering to CDC guidelines like a “tottele” and this is not it.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:00 am
DrMom wrote:
If you have *covid* you don't belong on a plane.

If you are in *quarantine* you don't belong on a plane.

Everybody has some sort of health concerns.

I agree with this 1000%.

I also believe a 14 year old is FAR too young to leave alone in a hotel room at night. My dds would have been hysterical in such a situation, and they are independent girls who go out on their own all the time. Sleeping in a hotel room alone for days is a different situation altogether.

I would have tried to send someone to be there with her. By hook or by crook, someone needs to get there. Ideally, a relative or friend. Even the parents. I know they are in quarantine - but this is an emergency. I would send the father out with a driving companion (for pay of course). They can go to the bathroom in the woods, no need to use public toilets. And pack enough food for the way. There should be no reason to enter any public place.

But if not, then yes, a seminary girl could do it for pay - someone from Florida of course, not someone you need to transport there.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:03 am
SixOfWands wrote:
No, I'm not willing to destroy a frum family.

I'm not willing to destroy the frum family sitting near this child on a plane, whose child could suffer permanent heart damage as a result of being infected by her.

I'm not willing to destroy the frum family who were near her in the airport terminal, and who spread it to their father, who stayed home becase of his heart issues, and unfortunately doesn't make it.

I'm not willing to destroy the frum family whose asthmatic kid sits next to the kid at the baggage carousel, and who doesn't make it.

I'm not willing to destroy the frum family waiting in line near her, whose elderly father lives with them, and winds up on a vent.

And I'm concerned for the cab driver and the flight attendant and the other non-frum people around her as well.

How many lives are YOU willing to destroy? How many people are YOU willing to murder?

How many people should suffer because this family made a stupid mistake.

Because we KNOW for a fact that 425,000 people in the US have died so far. And how many others with heart or other issues.

As to "a maybe of a possibility," that's the very definition of YOUR assumption that something will happen to this child if the Department of Health is involved to intervene and look after her.

You want to babysit a kid who might have covid, expose your kids to her, go ahead. Just be sure to quarantine afterwards. But it is completely and utterly irresponsible to urge someone to eschew all safety regulations and put the lives of others in danger by having her go out in public.

If you’re high risk and you’re on plane right now, you’re an idiot. Because I guarantee you, at least one person on the plane has Covid.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:06 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
If you’re high risk and you’re on plane right now, you’re an idiot. Because I guarantee you, at least one person on the plane has Covid.

I agree.

And if you are on a plane right now and you have symptoms or are in quarantine, then you are playing with the lives of others. Endangering them much like a drunk driver.

And if you are on a plane and you know you have covid, you are a true rasha.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:09 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I agree.

And if you are on a plane right now and you have symptoms or are in quarantine, then you are playing with the lives of others. Endangering them much like a drunk driver.

And if you are on a plane and you know you have covid, you are a true rasha.

The chances of her spreading Covid with an N 95 are very low. And she doesn’t have Covid as far as we know. Leaving her alone in Florida is not an option. So either drive to get her or send her home on a plane. Call me selfish, I would never leave my kid alone in another state. That’s bizarre.

sweet

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:15 am
update?
I hope shes home by now!

Lo had a full day to get down there and drive her home!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 4:17 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
The chances of her spreading Covid with an N 95 are very low. And she doesn’t have Covid as far as we know. Leaving her alone in Florida is not an option. So either drive to get her or send her home on a plane. Call me selfish, I would never leave my kid alone in another state. That’s bizarre.

I agree with your last statement.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 5:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Or, we were thinking if anyone flew in from NY on a private plane, perhaps they can fly her home. Does anyone know of anyone like that?

Donald Trump?

He has homes in NY and Fla, he already had covid, and he has a private plane. Very Happy
(And he is not employed right now.)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 5:17 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Did not follow this entire insane thread, just had to hop on here and say that op needs to chill out and fly her daughter home or go pick her up. I currently know of someone who actively has COVID for not even a week yet and flew to Orlando. Clearly I think that’s nuts and selfish, but please realize that we are nearly a year into this, this virus is everywhere , and as many others have said, if you have health concerns you don’t belong on a plane. Please op just take proper care of your children and go pick her up ASAP. It’s laughable for you to imagine that you will be Solely responsible for spreading COVID. Go ahead and yell at me six of wands. Hatzalah air has bigger things on their plate...

Someone who actively has covid and is on an airplane is not merely selfish. She is a rodef. She will suffer tremendously one day for knowingly putting others at risk of death.

ladYdI

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 5:20 am
In our areas you do not need to get tested and prove you have a negative Covid test in order to fly. That being said we can bet there are many people on any given flight that have been exposed or even have active Covid without even knowing it.
My friend wanted to fly to Toronto for her brothers chasana but needed a negative test for her entire family. One of her kids tested positive with no symptoms. I hear that’s happening a lot! We also don’t even know how accurate the tests are.
I would double mask her and fly her home.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 5:53 am
estherj wrote:
The risk of transmission from a masked positive person on a HEPA equipped plane is extremely low according to numerous studies. The air is cleaner than the air in an operating room.

What is bizarre is to contemplate abusing a 14 year old child who was simply exposed, and leaving her to fend for herself in a hotel room a thousand miles from her parents is abusive. Whether the parents were right for sending her is a different discussion. Right now they have a vulnerable young girl who is stranded. There is a time and a place for adhering to CDC guidelines like a “tottele” and this is not it.

Again, what are the possible legal repercussions?
What if she gets to the airport and chas v'shalom has fever?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:07 am
PinkFridge wrote:

Nothing happens. They just won’t let her on the flight, maybe.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:23 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Did not follow this entire insane thread, just had to hop on here and say that op needs to chill out and fly her daughter home or go pick her up. I currently know of someone who actively has COVID for not even a week yet and flew to Orlando. Clearly I think that’s nuts and selfish, but please realize that we are nearly a year into this, this virus is everywhere , and as many others have said, if you have health concerns you don’t belong on a plane. Please op just take proper care of your children and go pick her up ASAP. It’s laughable for you to imagine that you will be Solely responsible for spreading COVID. Go ahead and yell at me six of wands. Hatzalah air has bigger things on their plate...

Wow , I hope you lose contact with this incredibly selfish person .

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:29 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Someone who actively has covid and is on an airplane is not merely selfish. She is a rodef. She will suffer tremendously one day for knowingly putting others at risk of death.

Yes, I believe Rav Edelstein recently
put out a statement that someone who goes out in public knowingly while they have covid is a rodef and cannot do teshuva if they cause someone to die from their actions.
It's sad he had to come out and say it, but obviously it is warranted.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:45 am
SixOfWands wrote:
No.

Crazy is telling the family who are supposed to be in quarantine to leave their SICK child at home alone, pile in the car, and drive 16 hours (each way) to pick up their kid in Florida.

Crazy is telling the family that pandemic restrictions should be ignored, and countless people put at risk, for one person.

We don't have all the facts, but I can tell you, having had 3 children sick with COVID ages 12-21 this past year, that sick in their cases ranged from a mild stomachache to a bad cold/congestion. They were really not incapacitated - COVID symptoms are usually pretty mild in teens (if not for COVID, my daughter would have gone to work), and the fact that OP sent her twin to Florida without knowing that her sister had COVID leads me to believe that here, too, her symptoms are not very severe.

Presumably, she and her husband could drive down to get their child, and have local family/friends check up on their kids at home while they are gone (with social distancing in place, of course. )

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:50 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Yes, I believe Rav Edelstein recently
put out a statement that someone who goes out in public knowingly while they have covid is a rodef and cannot do teshuva if they cause someone to die from their actions.
It's sad he had to come out and say it, but obviously it is warranted.

He is not the only gadol who has said so. While people continue refusing to behave responsibly according to halacha because BLM protestors aren't prosecuted. Unbelievable.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:55 am
PinkFridge wrote:

From mere exposure? There are no legal repercussions. I haven’t seen anyone checked for fever and I’ve flown quite a bit. She can measure her temperature with a $2 thermometer before heading to the airport if that is the concern.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 09 2021, 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total

esther11

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:57 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
....The WHO just changed their criteria for being positive - to no longer only rely on a positive test but that the person should be displaying symptoms...

Anyone have a link to this?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:58 am
nothing said about behaving other than responsibly

simply hypocrisy highlights that fear is being weaponized

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:35 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
nothing said about behaving other than responsibly

simply hypocrises highlight that fear is being weaponized

Plenty of people are talking about irresponsible behavior.
Page 14 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 13  14 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics