Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
14 yr old daughter stuck in Orlando due to COVID
  Previous  1  2  3 14 15  16  17  Next

Java

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
nothing said about behaving other than responsibly

simply hypocrises highlight that fear is being weaponized

English please?

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:40 am
estherj wrote:
The risk of transmission from a masked positive person on a HEPA equipped plane is extremely low according to numerous studies. The air is cleaner than the air in an operating room.

What is bizarre is to contemplate abusing a 14 year old child who was simply exposed, and leaving her to fend for herself in a hotel room a thousand miles from her parents is abusive. Whether the parents were right for sending her is a different discussion. Right now they have a vulnerable young girl who is stranded. There is a time and a place for adhering to CDC guidelines like a “tottele” and this is not it.

Not sure what op should do but flying isn’t just the plane it’s also the ride to the airport, the airport and the ride back from the airport to home, all which don’t have hepa filters

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 11:46 am
Somebody who knowingly has covid and goes out in public or on a plane is a rodef. Many people unfortunately don’t even know they have covid or think they have a cold. This girl does not have Covid-19 if she doesn’t test positive nor is she exhibiting any symptoms, so there is no reason she can’t go on A plane wearing a mask!!!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:07 pm
esther11 wrote:
Anyone have a link to this?

I can't find it, and I did scan the WHO website. It seems odd, given what we know about asymptomatic transmission. I'd be interested to see the link.

qwerty4

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:07 pm
Every person walking the streets of NY or Florida at the moment should consider themselves exposed to COVID. Including all the passengers on the flight she was supposed to be on, and the family she was with. This girl was EXPOSED to someone with Covid, she did not test positive. Unless you are locked up in your house, you have been exposed as well.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:09 pm
My husband suggested that if no other solution can be found and she's asymptomatic and the family she was with didn't leave yet, she mask up and fly in between members of that family with antibodies. There's no documentation of air travel definitely being the source of covid outbreaks due to the ventilation systems, so between that, being masked, being asymptomatic, and cocooned between people with antibodies, the risk to others isn't any higher than if she was just a "regular" passenger.

(My husband takes covid public health seriously. He's not minimizing anything... Just trying to think reasonably with the science we have and the emotional health of a young teenager.)

Ok, throw the tomatoes.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:10 pm
tichellady wrote:
Not sure what op should do but flying isn’t just the plane it’s also the ride to the airport, the airport and the ride back from the airport to home, all which don’t have hepa filters

From the CDC:

Quote:
Can flying on an airplane increase my risk of getting covid 19?

Yes. Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, social distancing is difficult on crowded flights, and you may have to sit near others (within 6 feet), sometimes for hours. This may increase your risk for exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19.

CDC strongly recommends everyone wear a mask on public transportation and at transportation hubs, including on airplanes and in airports.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:31 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
Every person walking the streets of NY or Florida at the moment should consider themselves exposed to COVID. Including all the passengers on the flight she was supposed to be on, and the family she was with. This girl was EXPOSED to someone with Covid, she did not test positive. Unless you are locked up in your house, you have been exposed as well.

Do you know what life is like in Brooklyn? Every single person is exposed to covid every single day, all the time. For months on end it's been like this. My family has been directly exposed so many times but BH still haven't gotten sick. Mystery.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 12:54 pm
qwerty4 wrote:

Being exposed is defined as being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more. Idk about you but I sure don't have the opportunity to consider myself exposed regularly.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:12 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Being exposed is defined as being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more. Idk about you but I sure don't have the opportunity to consider myself exposed regularly.

Anyone who has spent more than 15 minutes indoors without a mask and within 6 feet, with someone from a different household is potentially exposed. I wonder how many people are strictly following this.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 1:40 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Anyone who has spent more than 15 minutes indoors without a mask and within 6 feet, with someone from a different household is potentially exposed. I wonder how many people are strictly following this.

Following what?

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 2:21 pm
southernbubby wrote:

My family is.
Are you trying to shame people who are responsible?
Statements like yours are why people feeling bullied and awkward when they wear a mask.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 2:39 pm
What happened in the end, OP?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:01 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
My family is.
Are you trying to shame people who are responsible?
Statements like yours are why people feeling bullied and awkward when they wear a mask.

No
I am not trying to shame anyone who follows the rules.
I am trying to say that people on planes or are in other public places may have been exposed to the virus.
ETA: I feel bullied when my post is attacked anonymously.

Last edited by southernbubby on Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:02 pm
Following what?

The guidelines.
Obviously the tremendous spread of the virus indicates that a large segment of the population is not following it 100%.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:05 pm
southernbubby wrote:
No
I am not trying to shame anyone who follows the rules.
I am trying to say that people on planes or are in other public places may have been exposed to the virus.
ETA: I feel bullied when my post is attacked anonymously.

Southernbubby, I don't always respond but I always "like" your posts. I can always count on you for some good old common sense.

Signed,

your fan

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:12 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The guidelines.
Obviously the tremendous spread of the virus indicates that a large segment of the population is not following it 100%.

No, the guidelines actually don't include masks.
Exposure is defined as within 6 feet, 15 minutes or more.
So people go to work, masked, and still can get it.

And that's the biggest risk factor. That doesn't mean it can't happen in another scenario, but we can't quarantine for every person we come across. So we filter out by most common exposure risks.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:12 pm
southernbubby wrote:
The guidelines.

Which guidelines are you referring to though?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:25 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Southernbubby, I don't always respond but I always "like" your posts. I can always count on you for some good old common sense.

Signed,

your fan

Wow, thanks!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 3:30 pm
Which guidelines are you referring to though?

The guidelines from the health authorities.
Page 15 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 14 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics