Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Which brand fall is silky and the least likely to knot?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:26 am
Kallah got an Irene (long, straight) fall thats a ball of knots every day, after brushing out a ball of knots regularly, and trying to prevent and get knots out as soon as they occur, regularly.

If Sheitelmacher doesnt come through and repair or replace, which fall should she buy and where (were in BP)?

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:27 am
What color is the kallah?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:30 am
Does the color make a difference?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:51 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
What color is the kallah?

Dark brown.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 10:55 am
It sounds like she got a lemon. Sad Irene and Miri are the two lower end brands that most people are happy with. I hope the sheitel macher comes through.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:03 am
If she wants to get a problem-free one, which brand should she buy?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:36 am
Honestly, each wig can vary widely in quality. You'd have to touch them with your hands and get a feel for them.

I have two identical Milano wigs. One of them is silky smooth, never tangles, and always looks perfect. The other one never sits right, looks awkward, and knots up if you look at it sideways.

I cut down the "bad" sheitel and made it into a band fall, and it behaves much better now.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:36 am
Falls are notoriously known to knot. Especially with the coats and hats.
I don't think any one brand will be better than the other unless maybe you get a custom high end one, but that'll cost you a fortune and nobody wants to spend that on a fall.
You're better off trying to give it in for a deep condition and the kallah should maintain it with applying a hair oil to the underneath layer every day or every few days.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:40 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Falls are notoriously known to knot. Especially with the coats and hats.
I don't think any one brand will be better than the other unless maybe you get a custom high end one, but that'll cost you a fortune and nobody wants to spend that on a fall.
You're better off trying to give it in for a deep condition and the kallah should maintain it with applying a hair oil to the underneath layer every day or every few days.

Oh really? I thought that was just me. It’s such a pain! Why do falls get more knotty then regular shaitels?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Oh really? I thought that was just me. It’s such a pain! Why do falls get more knotty then regular shaitels?

One shaitel macher told me that falls are made with lower quality hair.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:09 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
One shaitel macher told me that falls are made with lower quality hair.

Oh interesting

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:14 pm
Especially when it's worn with a beanie or head wrap band, the hair is getting teased against your neck every minute you're wearing it.
Also, natural hair that grows out of your head stays hydrated from the oils in your scalp. Wigs don't have that built in moisturizer.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:22 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Does the color make a difference?

Sure.
You can a easy silky dark wig for cheap from a brand but their blondes might be terrible, etc

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:28 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Sure.
You can a easy silky dark wig for cheap from a brand but their blondes might be terrible, etc

Oh. I’m dark so I guess I didn’t have to deal with terrible blondes.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:07 pm
For dark hair go with a Malky. She's located in the Flatbush area.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:27 pm
I just bought a miri fall and dealing with same problem . I'm regretting it already. None of my wigs ever looked this way . It looks really bad , knotty, frizzy all over . I feel it's a shame to pay so much and get such horrible hair . What I'm thinking to do is just cut it off shorter so I dont have to deal with the knotted, and tangling part of it. The other shame is that if I cut it I couldve bought originally a shorter wig for cheaper . I paid 1,000 is it called expensive for a fall?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 3:41 pm
I’ve made my own falls by cutting up old wigs were the front looks bad. I don’t have knotting issues.
For knots in winter apply oil like Moroccan or jojoba to the nape and brush through daily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels