Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anti Science Covid Rules
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:04 am
I'm so irritated with people who refuse to listen to medical professionals and think they know best. I'm even more irritated with supposed professionals who make up rules that make no sense at all! Can anyone relate?

For example, my friend works in a state school that's doing zoom learning. The teachers are "encouraged" (aka forced) to wear a mask while teaching!
The reasoning is because the teachers are required to teach from the school building. So while she is sitting there, alone, in an empty classroom, she might expose someone who walks in to the room.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:07 am
Chelm or rather Sdom

paperflowers

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:17 am
Yes. I’m very into following Covid safety guidelines but stupid rules like that just cast doubt and make people less likely to comply with the rules that do make sense.

Last edited by paperflowers on Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:17 am
Here's another one:
My aunt tested positive and went to the hospital to receive antibody treatment. They refused to allow my uncle to accompany her because"he was exposed to her".

So their son took her (both of them double masked and waited outside in the parking lot for two hours instead of in the hospital waiting room), and then was informed by the DOH that now he has to quarantine for two weeks.
WHAAAT? So if her son was exposed too, why did the hospital insist that he be the one to take her in instead of her husband? How is my uncle (who had Covid 3 months ago) bringing his Covid positive wife to the hospital putting more people at risk than their son bringing her?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:29 am
I'm all for safety and precautions, but that is just INSANITY.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so irritated with people who refuse to listen to medical professionals and think they know best. I'm even more irritated with supposed professionals who make up rules that make no sense at all! Can anyone relate?

For example, my friend works in a state school that's doing zoom learning. The teachers are "encouraged" (aka forced) to wear a mask while teaching!
The reasoning is because the teachers are required to teach from the school building. So while she is sitting there, alone, in an empty classroom, she might expose someone who walks in to the room.

My daughter had a telehealth visit. The practitioner was in a room by herself, just looking at the screen. With a mask on. Banging head

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 11:38 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My daughter had a telehealth visit. The practitioner was in a room by herself, just looking at the screen. With a mask on. Banging head

Most practitioners are not taking their mask on and off all day long. They are not completely alone in the office even if all visits are telehealth, so they do need to be masked intermittently throughout the day. I actually understand this one.

sushilover

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:01 pm
I saw a rule that really made me laugh.
The NFL banned jersey swapping.

So the players just spent an hour huddling, tackling, panting, and screaming. But to swap jerseys would be putting their lives at risk. LOL

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:08 pm
I don't understand why this is any more silly than requiring for people to wear high heels or suits, which don't protect against anything either way.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:11 pm
Or the dentist that insists my son wears his mask, but then proceeds to check his mouth.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:28 pm
What about when I got yelled at, while waiting to order in a restaurant, when 58 people (I counted) were sitting an eating, 2 feet away from me, without a mask obviously.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Here's another one:
My aunt tested positive and went to the hospital to receive antibody treatment. They refused to allow my uncle to accompany her because"he was exposed to her".

So their son took her (both of them double masked and waited outside in the parking lot for two hours instead of in the hospital waiting room), and then was informed by the DOH that now he has to quarantine for two weeks.
WHAAAT? So if her son was exposed too, why did the hospital insist that he be the one to take her in instead of her husband? How is my uncle (who had Covid 3 months ago) bringing his Covid positive wife to the hospital putting more people at risk than their son bringing her?

Imagine if they made all EMS workers/volunteers quarantine for two weeks after bringing a covid patient to the hospital.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:23 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Imagine if they made all EMS workers/volunteers quarantine for two weeks after bringing a covid patient to the hospital.

They have theoretically been trained in PPE and are wearing both appropriate equipment and wearing it properly.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why on earth do they need to teach in the school building?

I'm guessing that its more of an appearance thing than a science thing. Like we're in a "classroom" so we all need to protect ourselves.

Silly and worthless.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 1:44 pm
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:06 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
What about when I got yelled at, while waiting to order in a restaurant, when 58 people (I counted) were sitting an eating, 2 feet away from me, without a mask obviously.

Maybe they all have antibodies or all of them tested before eating out together

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:09 pm
My not particularly elderly mother (58) who lives alone AND has significantly high antibodies (she was sick in April and still has high antibodies) was told that she needs to wear a mask while driving alone in her own personal car with all windows closed.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
My not particularly elderly mother (58) who lives alone AND has significantly high antibodies (she was sick in April and still has high antibodies) was told that she needs to wear a mask while driving alone in her own personal car with all windows closed.

Who told her that ? That's ridiculous even if she never had it

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:11 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Who told her that ? That's ridiculous even if she never had it

Her doctor.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 2:13 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why on earth do they need to teach in the school building?

I'm guessing that its more of an appearance thing than a science thing. Like we're in a "classroom" so we all need to protect ourselves.

Silly and worthless.

Access to a smart board and other technology?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics