Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
School Age Child Soiling Accidents

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:29 pm
My son has soiling accidents. He can go two weeks with no accidents, and then have one almost every day. He is really getting way too old for this. When I ask him what happened, he says he can't always feel that he needs to go. I really need to get to the bottom of this already. He was really late to toilet train, and at first I thought the soiling happened when he couldn't be bothered to go while doing an enjoyable activity. However, at this point he is aware of the social consequences and it sometimes happens at school.

Is it really possible that he can't feel it? What kind of doctor/medical professional can I take him to to resolve this issue.

If anyone has a recommendation of a specific doctor, please let me know. I'm in NYC. Thanks.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:41 pm
Is he possibly constipated? That can lead to stool leaking.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 5:52 pm
Gluten and dairy intolerances can cause sensory disturbances that will lead to one not feeling their bowels. Another possibility is untreated or chronic strep leading to involuntary muscle movements. Parasites could do this too.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:21 pm
I went through this!

Watch on YouTube the poo in you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SgBj7Mc_4sc

My pediatrician couldn’t diagnose it.

Our method of treatment was enemas. I taught my son how to do it. It’s a long process. Research it .

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:24 pm
I had a kid like this. We had a specific time of day that the child had to sit on the toilet with a book, toy, electronics etc... it solved the problem. It's often because the kid is not emptying properly, whether from constipation, no patience, distractions, fears etc...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:26 pm
you can also try OT for body awareness issues.

yak

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:32 pm
What worked for us was insisting he sit on the toilet every morning or before bed. At this point he is going to the bathroom when he needs to. But we still make him sit everyday. It's part of his routine

Good Luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics