Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Relatively safe area in Baltimore

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:12 pm
Is there such an area where we can buy a house? And does anyone have any good real estate agent contact info?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:25 pm
Greenspring
Cheswolde
Beazer

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:26 pm
In general, farther from Northern Parkway and farther from Reisterstown Road are safer. I live in the Cheswolde neighborhood, which is in the City (not County).

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:27 pm
All of the frum areas are ok most of the time. You can buy a house in any of them. I live in the Fallstaff area and BH feel very safe and have never had a single incident on my block.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:29 pm
[quote="Rubber Ducky"]In general, farther from Northern Parkway and farther from Reisterstown Road are safer. I live in the Cheswolde neighborhood, which is in the City (not County).[/quote

So do I and I’m still trying to find your house with the rubber duckies in the window!
We rent here and are looking to buy in Baltimore as well. It’s hard to get a feel for a neighborhood during Covid...

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:49 pm
I live in Indian village. It’s super safe.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:56 pm
Thanks everyone.

And what about a real estate agent, anyone?

advocate

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 6:58 pm
Debbie Finkelstein
Remax

Hatzlocha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:18 pm
Amen! Thanks advocate.

Where can I get their contact info?

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 7:43 pm
My friend lives in Scotts Hill (near to TA). I felt so safe going to her for Shabbos when all the crime wave was going on in my neighborhood (Pickwick).
She said there had been nothing going on in that neighborhood BH. It's a middle class neighborhood and very safe. The Jewish people who live there are mostly more yeshivish. I think there's about 35 frum families there. I keep trying to convince DH that we should move there too, but he loves his shul and it isn't walking distance to Scotts Hill. Well, it is, but it would take at least an hour each way!

Yiddishetuter

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 8:55 pm
Hi, I live in Baltimore. There are two parts of Baltimore, Baltimore City and Baltimore County. There are advantages and disadvantages to both areas. The houses in the City are cheaper, and usually older or smaller. The houses in the county are bigger, but much more expensive. There are all types here, and Baltimore is very accepting. There are all different types of shuls here. As far as a realtor, I definitely recommend Debbie Finkelstein with Remax agency. Her number is 443-831-3495

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 26 2021, 9:40 pm
Thanks so much seashell and yiddishetuter.

Seashell, is scotts hill more on the outskirts of the Jewish area? And do they have private houses? And TA is Torah Academy, right?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 5:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much seashell and yiddishetuter.

Seashell, is scotts hill more on the outskirts of the Jewish area? And do they have private houses? And TA is Torah Academy, right?

yes, it's on the edge. It's just outside of the main eruv because there's a river between that area and the rest of Jewish Baltimore, but it has its own Eruv. It's not a long drive, it takes me about 5 minutes to drive there from the edge of the rest of the community. Talmudical Academy Smile my sons go there, we love it!
Yes, it's all private houses. It's not like Ner Israel/Yeshiva Lane where its all owned by the yeshiva. Google it. SCotts Hill drive 21208
A lot of the people who live there work in TA I think. But not all of them at all. My friend and her husband don't work in TA, they moved there a few years ago because they wanted a small neighborhood with a real Kehilla feel. Everyone counts when there's a small neighborhood. Simchas there are simpler and everyone helps each other bake for their kiddushim! Seems like a very nice place to live.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 5:36 am
Where are you moving from, OP?
and what are you and your family like? are you more yeshivish, not yeshivish, MO? This might help us recommend a neighborhood ...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:52 am
I don't know that Scotts Hill is what you are looking for. It's not really part of the community. It's its own place.

As for neighborhoods, what can I say, it's a problem. These days even the county is having issues. Much less than the city but it's creeping in.

Indian village, Summit Park, Ranchliegh, Pickwick, Beazer are all fairly safe. So is Cheswolde, Midfield, Northbrook area.

There are still break ins etc but not constantly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 6:57 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Where are you moving from, OP?
and what are you and your family like? are you more yeshivish, not yeshivish, MO? This might help us recommend a neighborhood ...

Thanks seashell! Appreciate your help.

I’m from MO background, dh is more yeshivish, but we don’t really care what our neighbors are as long as they’re nice.. does it make a difference?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:04 am
Thanks goldenrod. Will look into these neighborhoods.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 7:52 am
[quote="amother [ Turquoise ]"]
Rubber Ducky wrote:
...I’m still trying to find your house with the rubber duckies in the window!
We rent here and are looking to buy in Baltimore as well. It’s hard to get a feel for a neighborhood during Covid...

The duckies are waiting for you! There's a tiny pond, a green bench and chair, and tube bird feeders in the front yard if that helps. Brick 1 1/2 story house.

cfriedman2

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 8:38 am
you might want to look into the timberfield/midfield area that way you would be close to suburban and darchie. Darchie is more yeshivish and suburban more MO but the Rabbi of Suburban everyone loves regardless of where they fall on the spectrum so the shul has evolved over the years. Realtor- Shevy Ashman she is great 443-682-0618

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 27 2021, 9:38 am
Thanks cfriedman. Appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating