Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
A little piece expressing my thoughts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 12:18 pm
I haven't been spiritual in awhile, but today for some reason I cracked open a Tehillim.

The words were like a power wash for my soul, gently streaming over me in the lyrical timbre of Hashem's loyal shepherd, Dovid Hamelech.

I could picture him out there in the wild pasturelands, cast aside from his brothers, isolated from the busybody hubbub of everyday society.

Hunkering down through the tough winters with the warm sheep huddled beside him in a scraggly lean-to shepherd's hut. Praising Hashem.

Watching in open-eyed wonder as white flakes slowly drifted down, settling on the rocky landscape of Harei Yehuda--praising Hashem.

נותן שלג כצמר

Bringing out the beauty in everything he saw, in every bleak cold day, in every drop of rain, in every gleam of sunlight gilding the edge of a new leaf.

Intimately familiar with the workings of the natural world, battling bears and lions, defending his flock, braving the elements.

Hours and hours of contemplation, connecting with his Creator beyond the grasping fingers of loud human preoccupations.

His words are a balm and a beacon, shining with clarity and deep awareness of every part of life and Hashem's world. They echo with the strength and purity of a humble shepherd who knew his Creator.

There is a song and a joy and a simple connection in every word, a lilting language that our souls recognize and thrill to.

So today, on Tu Beshvat, I enjoyed a juice cleanse of my own. Not one of pomegranates or super greens, but the powerful juice of Tehillim. And it was absolutely addictive.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 2:12 pm
Any feedback?

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 3:22 pm
Beautiful, you’re so talented!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 4:55 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Beautiful, you’re so talented!

Thank you!. Smile

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 5:00 pm
Thank you for sharing 💕

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 5:09 pm
Oooh. I have goosebumps after reading this. So beautiful and touching. I have not been so connected to Tefillah lately because I haven’t been prioritizing it. But this gave me the boost to bring this back into my life again.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 5:39 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Thank you for sharing 💕

Heart

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 5:39 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Oooh. I have goosebumps after reading this. So beautiful and touching. I have not been so connected to Tefillah lately because I haven’t been prioritizing it. But this gave me the boost to bring this back into my life again.

That means a lot to me! Thank you for sharing!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 6:12 pm
You've inspire me. Going to take out my tehillim right now. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 6:28 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
You've inspire me. Going to take out my tehillim right now. Thank you!

Yay! Hooray

blessedjmom

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 6:57 pm
So beautiful!!!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:49 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
So beautiful!!!!

Thank you Heart

imasinger

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 8:38 pm
Such a powerful thought, so beautifully expressed; this is going to stay with me. Thank you, OP!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:07 pm
imasinger wrote:
Such a powerful thought, so beautifully expressed; this is going to stay with me. Thank you, OP!

I'm honored, thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club