Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Crying at the thought of Israel being closed

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:28 pm
My heart breaks at the thought of us not being able to go to Israel. I've been wanting to move and promised my kids a pilot trip first, as I have teens and need to make sure everyone is on board. So last year we booked for a summer pilot trip but of course ended up cancelling, due to Covid, and we were hoping to do it this year. But it doesn't seem likely. I love Eretz Yisroel so much and cannot bear being separated from her at this level. And I really want to take my kids, so I can plan the moving process.

Not that we can compare, but when I think of Moshe Rabbeinu yearning so much and not being able to get into Eretz Yisroel my heart breaks.

Does anyone think we'll ever be able to get in?
What if they only allow those that are vaccinated and the USA is so slow with it, or for some other reason we are not able to have it?

What I can do is hope and daven for Moshiach, every day more and more. And till then I cry and cry because I want to go home!!!!!

Thanks for listening.

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:36 pm
They do let you in if you are making Aliyah. But no pilot trip allowances Confused

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 7:44 pm
Actually, with the airports closed now aliya is completely on hold as well.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 8:05 pm
I promised to take DD for her Bas Mitzvah. I couldn't do it right away, so we were supposed to do the trip in the summer. Now... she is already 13 and I have no idea when I'll be able to go with her. Crying

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:23 pm
I feel you. I miss it so much!

We usually go for Pesach- it’s crazy this will be the second year in a row we can’t go!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 9:43 pm
Does anyone think we'll be able to go again?

On Sunday or Monday, Dansdeals had a crazy deal of $590 round-trip nonstop ticket from JFK to Tel Aviv.
I was about to book but at the last minute was told that I shouldn't. I've been crying since.

number

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:23 pm
Likely as the vaccines roll out and cases hopefully go down, the borders will start opening again. Lots of lives are on hold right now Sad

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:36 pm
We booked tickets for the family to go when there was a special last February! We canceled our trip scheduled for last summer since we didn’t want to quarantine for 2 weeks and so many places were closed. We’ve been trying to figure out when and HOW to go since then! We have a few thousand dollars sitting with the airline. They will not issue a refund but will allow us to rebook . Rebook? When??????

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jan 28 2021, 10:49 pm
Reality wrote:
Actually, with the airports closed now aliya is completely on hold as well.

Yes, I know a family that is supposed to make aliya next week. They have all their paperwork but they don't know if flights will be going at this point. It's so hard for them right now because they can't plan ahead at all.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 2:26 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Yes, I know a family that is supposed to make aliya next week. They have all their paperwork but they don't know if flights will be going at this point. It's so hard for them right now because they can't plan ahead at all.

I hope Israel opens up quickly for people in this situation. I know it's nail biting but at least I'm happy for them they're up to here.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 2:36 pm
I know, even though I didn’t have plans fo go, it’s still such a strange feeling to think they EY is closed.
Even though I agree it’s the right thing
It just feels like - it was so accessible to Klal Yisrael for a few decades and now it feels so strange that it is not. (If you’re not there)

It does feel like being back in history when it was hard to get to.

I’m so tremendously grateful to HaShem - after a 15 year absence from our beloved EY, we were there last February. Baruch HaShem!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 3:43 pm
Yes I am crying along with you but I'm still hoping to make upsheern there, end of summer. Years ago my husband got a bracha from a rebbe/mashpia there, you'll still come sher your son by me. It's still in his bones.

I've never been to Israel before and was so looking fwd for this occasion.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 11:26 am
The upside is that we have a chance to be grateful that Hashem has given us a state, and to recognize what it has meant for Jews from all over the world to be able to come freely.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 1:25 pm
I made Aliya and love Israel, but to be honest, I'd rather be in the US now. I guess it depends on the state, but I know some states have schools open and life pretty normal. Israel is sacrificing the children's education and the mental, social, and economic health for decades to come.

tree of life

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 1:27 pm
Hi just to give u encouragement we made Aliya with 7kids ranging from 16 to 1
And we didn't have a pilot trip and bh my kids managed please pm if I can help or advice you

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 4:10 pm
OP the airport wont be closed forever. It will open again.
Unfortunately just patience is needed. But I promise, it wont stay closed forever and ever. You will be able to enter ertz yisrael again. Hugs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions