Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Do you pay your housekeeper when you go away?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 3:06 am
I'm sure many people are in this situation. We just got home last night after being out of town for a week. I told my housekeeper not to come on her usual 2 days. What do you all do about paying in this situation?

tweety1

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 3:37 am
I don't pay. Sometimes she tells me she can't come and I don't pay her either so I feel it evens out. Bh it really doesn't happen often either way.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 3:42 am
If I leave for an extended time I'll try to pay her something, but for one and two days I won't.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 3:59 am
I paid her for time I was away

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 4:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm sure many people are in this situation. We just got home last night after being out of town for a week. I told my housekeeper not to come on her usual 2 days. What do you all do about paying in this situation?

I don’t pay. She has an hourly rate. She cancels on me whenever she wants with no penalty, I am entitled to do the same.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:03 am
My cleaning lady makes me pay whenever I go away... I don’t like it but I have her 3 times a week and I’m very dependent on her. It adds up because of how many hours she comes to me.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:12 am
We went away for a few days, so my cleaning lady would have missed 2 days. Instead of paying her and then she didn’t work, I asked her if she can come anyway this week- one day to do her regular cleaning, and one day to do some pesach cleaning!!
Usually we pay her when we go away.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:17 am
Yes. She comes regularly and relies on the income. She doesn't like taking money for days she didn't work, so sometimes she works extra another day. It's not her problem if I choose to go on vacation.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:19 am
We were in quarantine for 3 weeks. I paid her her full salary.

s c

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:21 am
If she cancels I don't pay but if I cancel I pay. Usually I dont end up paying because I manage to give her away to someone else for those hours or have her come another time instead.

s c

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:21 am
Deleted.

Last edited by s c on Sat, Jan 30 2021, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:28 am
It depends.

I have an hourly cleaning lady that goes to different houses every day. 2 or 3 houses a day. If I'm away I will find her an another person usually one of her other houses to fill in for those times.

But if I had an full time housekeeper I'd try to give her her vacation days the same days I go away. And pay her.

Hashem should bless me with enough Kovach to not ever need a full time housekeeper!
(My cleaning lady is a lovely woman. Efficient, gentle w the baby if he's underfoot (which he is. Constantly. Lol) very reliable , very not in your way type, and a very good cleaner. But I still am so happy to see her go. I need my house to myself during the day. So a full time housekeeper would be a nightmare.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:30 am
I'm still paying my cleaning lady and we haven't had her come since March.

(She did come two times when we were away for a couple of days)

grateful2bmom

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 5:34 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Yes. She comes regularly and relies on the income. She doesn't like taking money for days she didn't work, so sometimes she works extra another day. It's not her problem if I choose to go on vacation.

👆

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 6:21 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
I'm still paying my cleaning lady and we haven't had her come since March.

(She did come two times when we were away for a couple of days)

What?! Why?!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 6:23 am
My housekeeper is full-time (although not live-in). I do pay her when we go away, but she still comes and does things she can’t when the kids are underfoot, I.e. organizing, deep cleaning, etc.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 6:24 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
What?! Why?!

Why wouldn't I be?

A global pandemic isn't her fault.

Baruch Hashem, our income hasn't been affected by Covid.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 6:50 am
Why wouldn't I be?

That is amazing u should always be on the giving end Smile
When I go away I make sure to find other work for my cleaning help. Also if I promised her a certain amount of hours and I needed her to end earlier I still pay the full amount I told her. I’m a very big advocate in treating cleaning help the way I would want to be treated.

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 6:53 am
Why wouldn't I be?

You can assume that she's working elsewhere and probably won't be coming back to you when you decide to take her again. She's getting double salary.

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Jan 29 2021, 6:54 am
My cleaning lady comes to me 7 hrs a week over two days. I don’t pay her when I cancel and I never give her any problems when she cancels.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics