Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet to feel more energetic and less stomach pain

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 4:53 pm
I'm trying to figure out what food is best for me to eat or not to eat. I want to feel less tired and more energetic and I want to keep my bowels regular , and avoid gassiness, bloating, stomach pain.

I'm 161cm. 60 kg. I'm still within healthy weight range even though I gained weight from last pregnancy. (Baby number 6 is 12 months old) I'm 35 years old.
I was 56 kg after my first 4 babies were born. But I exclusively nursed those babies longer . This time I supplemented with formula. I have usually been a stable weight of 56 kg ever since I was around 15 years old (I finished growing at age 14/15) . After the pregnancy before this (baby number 5) I tried eating healthier and lost weight , I cut out sugar, wheat etc. I was 52kg after baby number 5 till I got pregnant with baby number 6 .
Many days I get very tired and stomach pain, gassy, bloating, alternating diahoria/ constipation. And I often get sudden urge to run to bathroom when I need to move my bowels.

I know sugar makes me feel tired, wheat (especially white flour) makes me tired.
Big meals make me tired.
Barley makes me tired and bloated.
Beans and cabbage cause stomach pain and gassy.
Fried foods cause stomach pain.

I eat a lot of whole fruit every day as it helps me avoid constipation. My stomach always feels better after I move my bowels so I eat lots of whole fruit to help me to do a daily bowel movement. I get tired and stomach pain if I go more than a day without a bowel movement.

When I tried keto diet after baby number 5 I had more energy and lost weight but it caused constipation and pain under my ribs and I was hungry all the time .so I stopped it.

I find lentils / split peas and pumpkin is good for my stomach.

I used be fit and walk everywhere before I got a car . I bought a car right before baby number 5 was born. Since then I use the car more often and walk less. Also when my kids were younger I used to put them in the double stroller and walk everywhere but now that they are older they don't want to walk places and my kids want to be driven instead.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:06 pm
I'm not on it myself, but maybe low fodmaps diet?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:21 pm
Thanks has anyone had success with low FODMAP diet? It seems very restrictive.

amother
Cyan

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:41 pm
Cutting out meat and poultry has helped me reduce bloating, bathroom urgency and queasiness

trixx

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:45 pm
I was going to suggest low fodmap as well, bc you said you have all the digestion issues. It's not restrictive if it makes you feel better, it will be a relief if it helps pinpoint your no foods. Definitely stay off sugar, gluten, and grains.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:59 pm
Cut all oils from your diet, even olive oil. Make foods in the oven or boiled, or grilled, but oil can cause stomach pains so avoid anything with it. You can have grilled chicken with boiled potatoes for example, doesn't have to be complicated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise