Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Where to repair a genuine Cartier Tank watch?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:44 pm
I think if I go to someone not authorized by Cartier, Ill invalidate any warranty.

Fifteen+ years after purchase, I dont have the box and paperwork that it came with, but I think Cartier will know that its genuine.

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:46 pm
Try Simpsons Jewellers.

jflower

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:49 pm
Edward's watch repair
822 Kings Highway
(718) 787-0703

librarygirl

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:54 pm
Don't go to Cartier. You can practically get a new watch for what they charge.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 6:59 pm
librarygirl wrote:
Don't go to Cartier. You can practically get a new watch for what they charge.

If anyone else messes up, and cant fix it, thats the end of any Cartier warranty.

I was thinking the same, but I think Ill try to price the repair with them first.

I wouldnt want to leave it anywhere, so hopefully they can give me a price estimate on the spot.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:31 pm
Simpsons is authorized but they charge premiums if you didn't buy there. But you can trust them.

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:33 pm
Leitman on 53/17
Feldman on 16/49

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:35 pm
Kiky jewelers in fort lee- Right over the George Washington Bridge are authorized watch repair for all high end watches Rolex Cartier Baume and Mercier etc. they are Korean- beyond honest - we just repaired an expensive watch there and they gave me an estimate and when I went to pick it up they told me it came in cheaper than the estimate because the repair wasn’t as involved as they originally thought... can’t recommend them highly enough!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:38 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Kiky jewelers in fort lee- Right over the George Washington Bridge are authorized watch repair for all high end watches Rolex Cartier Baume and Mercier etc. they are Korean- beyond honest - we just repaired an expensive watch there and they gave me an estimate and when I went to pick it up they told me it came in cheaper than the estimate because the repair wasn’t as involved as they originally thought... can’t recommend them highly enough!

I know each repair job is different, but can you please tell me what your repair costed?

librarygirl

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If anyone else messes up, and cant fix it, thats the end of any Cartier warranty.

I was thinking the same, but I think Ill try to price the repair with them first.

I wouldnt want to leave it anywhere, so hopefully they can give me a price estimate on the spot.

What warranty do you have on a 15 year old watch? My husband took his watch to Cartier. We had to leave it for a quote. They insist on bringing everything up to perfect standards, so even though we only wanted to repair the bracelet, they would have replaced practically everything! They wanted over $3000, we paid about half new. Granted we got it wholesale. But we weren't going to pay that.

On the other hand, it was a great experience. They treat you like the queen of England!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 7:43 pm
librarygirl wrote:
What warranty do you have on a 15 year old watch? My husband took his watch to Cartier. We had to leave it for a quote. They insist on bringing everything up to perfect standards, so even though we only wanted to repair the bracelet, they would have replaced practically everything! They wanted over $3000, we paid about half new. Granted we got it wholesale. But we weren't going to pay that.

On the other hand, it was a great experience. They treat you like the queen of England!

If you had it fixed in NY, who ended up fixing it, and were you happy?

librarygirl

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 8:14 pm
My mother actually found someone and took it to be fixed recently. I can ask her who, but it won't be tonight.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 8:19 pm
librarygirl wrote:
My mother actually found someone and took it to be fixed recently. I can ask her who, but it won't be tonight.

Thats great, if its in Brooklyn or close, Id love to hear.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So what good is this warranty if you have to pay through the nose for repairs?

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 9:31 pm
I second Leitman’s watch repair. Was very happy with them.

jflower

Post Sat, Jan 30 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I second Leitman’s watch repair. Was very happy with them.

Please post address and phone # for Leitman. I had heard that he retired. Did his children take over the business?

librarygirl

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 8:52 am
I spoke to my mother. She took it to leitman. My husband is very happy with the repair.
https://www.mapquest.com/us/ne.....08590

It was $800, and he improved some of the other stuff too.

jflower

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 4:35 pm
Thanks for posting address and phone number.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries