Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Non essential travel banned nyc!??
1  2  Next

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:18 pm
What the
What is wrong with our mayor? How is he allowed to just ban cars from the roads, just bc some snow is anticipated?

1) let's be honest, the snow is always exaggerated. What if there's nothing? (theoretically)

2) clearly if someone is shlelping their car out, it's essential for them??

3) don't even start with this being about public health and safety, I'm old enough to remember the actual blizzard when trash wasn't collected and ppl died bc the emergency vehicles couldn't get thru the streets. If public safety were a thing, he'd be doubling down on the snow plows, not my car.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:29 pm
trixx wrote:
What the
What is wrong with our mayor? How is he allowed to just ban cars from the roads, just bc some snow is anticipated?

1) let's be honest, the snow is always exaggerated. What if there's nothing? (theoretically)

2) clearly if someone is shlelping their car out, it's essential for them??

3) don't even start with this being about public health and safety, I'm old enough to remember the actual blizzard when trash wasn't collected and ppl died bc the emergency vehicles couldn't get thru the streets. If public safety were a thing, he'd be doubling down on the snow plows, not my car.

If there's nothing, I guess he cancels the order. But right now, they're predicting blizzard conditions due to wind and snow. If cars get stuck, there's no way to plow the streets, and no way for emergency vehicles to get by.

But no, people go out for things that are clearly not essential. Like driving their kids to a good place to sled.

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:31 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
If there's nothing, I guess he cancels the order. But right now, they're predicting blizzard conditions due to wind and snow. If cars get stuck, there's no way to plow the streets, and no way for emergency vehicles to get by.

But no, people go out for things that are clearly not essential. Like driving their kids to a good place to sled.

I'd love to believe it's about emergency vehicles and all our good. But I just can't, after a year of seeing him in action. I've lived through some pretty bad snowstorms in this city. The term "nonessential" and emergency orders were never a thing... Until covid normalized them... I'm more concerned that even the weather can now be held against us plebeians.

IMHopinion

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:37 pm
This is one way that people refer to when they say Covid is politicized.
It became normal for government to control us, and we’re not even realizing it anymore.

Baby steps.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:44 pm
trixx wrote:
I'd love to believe it's about emergency vehicles and all our good. But I just can't, after a year of seeing him in action. I've lived through some pretty bad snowstorms in this city. The term "nonessential" and emergency orders were never a thing... Until covid normalized them... I'm more concerned that even the weather can now be held against us plebeians.

You're wrong. I clearly remember other times when non-essential travel was banned in NYC due to snow. Certainly it happened in 2016. Should it be this time? I don't know. I guess we'll see.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:46 pm
https://boropark24.com/news/fo.....-list

@6 you were saying

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:47 pm
I actually think it's a smart idea because I think during every snowstorm there are cars stuck on the road and emergency vehicles & snowplows can't get through. People, especially those with better cars, don't think before taking out their cars. Many people take out their cars for non essential matters.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:48 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
https://boropark24.com/news/for-vaccine-priority-mayor-favors-neighborhoods-with-high-poverty-rates-boro-park-not-on-the-list

@6 you were saying

I'm sorry. This has something to do with non-essential travel during an anticipated blizzard because ......

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 10:00 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
https://boropark24.com/news/for-vaccine-priority-mayor-favors-neighborhoods-with-high-poverty-rates-boro-park-not-on-the-list

@6 you were saying

This is because deblasio is one of those leftists who perceives Jews to be "white" which is why Jews were lockdowned in red zones and are now being denied access to priority vaccines. No one is suing so he gets away with it.
And I am assuming that the Jewish neighborhoods wont be a priority to be plowed out either but he will definitely send the inspectors to ticket anyone who takes their cars out for non-essential purposes. And Jews will continue voting for these leftist because why not? Being a target for discrimination by anti-semites like deblasio and cuomo is perfectly acceptable these days, just as long as they are democrats Can't Believe It Banging head

CoffeeSwirl

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:28 pm
Weren't there other snowstores that travel was banned only for emergency - in the past?
I don't this is the first time and I don't think he's the first mayor to do it

a mother4

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:34 pm
CoffeeSwirl wrote:
Weren't there other snowstores that travel was banned only for emergency - in the past?
I don't this is the first time and I don't think he's the first mayor to do it

Yes, I also remember this happening in NYC before covid...

small bean

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:37 pm
I remember this happening also during blizzards. But usually after the storm hit and the roads became dangerous.

My question though is do you guys have snow?

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 11:43 pm
monkeymamma wrote:
This is because deblasio is one of those leftists who perceives Jews to be "white" which is why Jews were lockdowned in red zones and are now being denied access to priority vaccines. No one is suing so he gets away with it.
And I am assuming that the Jewish neighborhoods wont be a priority to be plowed out either but he will definitely send the inspectors to ticket anyone who takes their cars out for non-essential purposes. And Jews will continue voting for these leftist because why not? Being a target for discrimination by anti-semites like deblasio and cuomo is perfectly acceptable these days, just as long as they are democrats Can't Believe It Banging head

I can always tell the Fox News audience...

monkeymamma

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:01 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
I can always tell the Fox News audience...

That sounds like an ad hominem attack. If you watch fox news then perhaps you can share the link of where they say what I said. Would love to see fox news or any other news call out deblasio or cuomo for their anti-semitic and discriminatory treatment against Jews.

Oh, and btw, deblasio is angry that white people got vaccinated before his precious latinos did. Was the neighborhood in question ever in a red zone that they are now getting priority? And if they werent in a red zone then why arent all the red zone neighborhoods getting priority for the vaccine? And if its not legal to discriminate against people based on skin color then why does deblasio have the right to determine that white people shouldnt be getting the vaccine? Does he include Jews in this "white people" scenario considering the large amount of Jews who live in that specific neighborhood? https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30......html

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:13 am
monkeymamma wrote:
That sounds like an ad hominem attack. If you watch fox news then perhaps you can share the link of where they say what I said. Would love to see fox news or any other news call out deblasio or cuomo for their anti-semitic and discriminatory treatment against Jews.

Oh, and btw, deblasio is angry that white people got vaccinated before his precious latinos did. Was the neighborhood in question ever in a red zone that they are now getting priority? And if they werent in a red zone then why arent all the red zone neighborhoods getting priority for the vaccine? And if its not legal to discriminate against people based on skin color then why does deblasio have the right to determine that white people shouldnt be getting the vaccine? Does he include Jews in this "white people" scenario considering the large amount of Jews who live in that specific neighborhood? https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30......html

I don't watch Fox because they are, admittedly, not a factual news source.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:23 am
small bean wrote:
I remember this happening also during blizzards. But usually after the storm hit and the roads became dangerous.

My question though is do you guys have snow?

Yes.

Not a lot yet.

The problem is that she who drives in the morning, when its not going to be bad, will have to drive in the afternoon, when the roads are terrible. Better to stop her in the morning.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 12:31 am
They have shut down ny before with no snow.

In 2015 they called for the storm of the century. We had a family simcha that night. The wedding was pushed up. The guests came in early and decided to sleep over. At 11 we left the simcha terrified but the streets were empty with some flurries.
The guests from NY really wanted to drive home but bridges into NY were closed and it was illegal to drive so they all had to sleep over. (Even mass transit was shut down in nyc) In the end there was less then 10 in snow in NY.

zaq

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 1:41 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Yes.

The problem is that she who drives in the morning, when its not going to be bad, will have to drive in the afternoon, when the roads are terrible. Better to stop her in the morning.

Precisely. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

When drivers get stuck, they block the roads, get in the way of the snowplows and have to be rescued by emergency responders who have better things to do than rescue idiots who went out when they were warned not to.

Israeli

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:11 pm
sky wrote:
They have shut down ny before with no snow.

In 2015 they called for the storm of the century. We had a family simcha that night. The wedding was pushed up. The guests came in early and decided to sleep over. At 11 we left the simcha terrified but the streets were empty with some flurries.
The guests from NY really wanted to drive home but bridges into NY were closed and it was illegal to drive so they all had to sleep over. (Even mass transit was shut down in nyc) In the end there was less then 10 in snow in NY.

I gave birth in February 2015. There were at least 2 times that winter that travel was banned. I remember calling my dr in a panic.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:20 pm
Is the post office open in Brooklyn?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics