Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Mother Daughter Tznius Matching Outfits?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:38 pm
Hi, my 6 year old would love to have a matching outfits with me, can anyone recommend a site that sells Tznius matching clothes for mother/daughter? Thanks!

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 31 2021, 9:59 pm
How about just trying to coordinate colors or prints

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:30 am
Your 6 Y old might want it. Are you sure you do?

rising hero

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:34 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
How about just trying to coordinate colors or prints

This is the simplest way. Its easier to do and it wont look weird.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:35 am
I don’t think most adults would want to wear the exact same thing as a 6 year old . I’ve seen matching pajamas for adults and kids but not clothing.
If it’s something you really want to do, buy solid color tops to match.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 7:35 am
I used to do that with DD. Enjoy it while you can!

Go for a basic color scheme. Black skirts and a sparkly top in silver, gold, or rose gold. You can't go wrong.

As long as you stick to classic separates, the possibilities are endless.

HakarasHatov

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:32 am
Amazon has some matching sets that are tznius. Look for mommy and me winter dresses or something like that.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 8:45 am
I'd go with a color/pattern scheme so you don't look like a lehavdil holiday card. (I remember being at the dentist one December and a husband and wife coming in in totally matching corduroy pants, loafers, holiday sweater, and button down shirt. It was adorable.)

OOTforlife

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:16 am
I think Old Navy has some matching kid/adult items, like sweaters and shirts.

Stars

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:18 am
Did she ask whether or not she should do it? Why do you guys care so much? Let people have their fun. If it’s not your style, move on.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:23 am
I think lands end has.
If you still fit into the biggest kids size, you can buy matching tops from lulu or pastel. I know someone that does this.

miami85

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:25 am
try PatPat. I've found for matching me and my girls, somethings need a shell but the prices are good.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:27 am
When I was that age my mother sewed both of us matching dresses and I LOVED to be matching with my mother. It’s actually a very special and positive childhood memory for me. I still remember exactly how the dresses looked. My mother’s was a more sophisticated style , but the dresses were in the same fabric.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:35 am
Thanks everyone! Lol, now that we are always home because of Covid, I figured we can indulge in this adorable, fun fantasy of my daughter's without worrying about who thinks we look silly. I'll take pictures and hopefully make a memory for us to treasure
: )

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 9:57 am
Stars wrote:
Did she ask whether or not she should do it? Why do you guys care so much? Let people have their fun. If it’s not your style, move on.

You're right.
Let me reword my answer: OP, if you can't find something fully matching, coordinating colors or patterns could be really nice.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:08 am
My granddaughters and I have matching dresses from April Cornell — same fabric, different styles. I did make certain that the 8-year-old was on board with the idea before buying the dresses.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:09 am
Look on Etsy. Lots of choices. LittleMiaBella has matching tznius pleated skirts.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:15 am
Children’s place has t-shirts (add a shell) or pjs matching.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....448b4

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mot.....D_BwE

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:32 am
Stars wrote:

We are genuinely trying to be helpful. Anyone can do anything they want but most people do try to fit in to societal norms. People are often posting that they feel like an oddball or that they don’t fit in. If mother and daughter would be seen outside in matching outfits that’s something that people would think is a drop off. It’s not regular for a woman to be dressing like a 6 year old. A cute set of pajamas for the house, a Shabbos robe or even a sweatshirt for outdoors would be more acceptable. Full matching outfits just doesn’t seem appropriate and the average person would definitely think it’s more strange and immature than cute. Like I said coordinating colors and prints is nice and can still have the same matching feel in your daughters eyes. I do think it’s sweet that you are trying to make your daughter happy.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:06 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
We are genuinely trying to be helpful. Anyone can do anything they want but most people do try to fit in to societal norms. People are often posting that they feel like an oddball or that they don’t fit in. If mother and daughter would be seen outside in matching outfits that’s something that people would think is a drop off. It’s not regular for a woman to be dressing like a 6 year old. A cute set of pajamas for the house, a Shabbos robe or even a sweatshirt for outdoors would be more acceptable. Full matching outfits just doesn’t seem appropriate and the average person would definitely think it’s more strange and immature than cute. Like I said coordinating colors and prints is nice and can still have the same matching feel in your daughters eyes. I do think it’s sweet that you are trying to make your daughter happy.

Who cares what the average person thinks? And that's not what she asked, in any case.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics