Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Best Chicken recipes KP LOW CARB for the freezer

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:01 am
Bone- in where you freeze the dish raw
And then on Pesach just stick in the oven
No- I’m not ready to cook
Just planning
Meat dishes welcomed also
Must be LOW CARB/KETO FRIENDLY/NOT SWEET

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:30 am
cbg wrote:
Bone- in where you freeze the dish raw
And then on Pesach just stick in the oven
No- I’m not ready to cook
Just planning
Meat dishes welcomed also
Must be LOW CARB/KETO FRIENDLY/NOT SWEET

Bone-in: Season the chicken all around, including under the skin. Pull back the skin and arrange in a gallon size Ziploc in one layer, interlocking so that it will fit into a 9x13 even when frozen. Lay flat to freeze. Remove from Ziploc in one frozen block and place in a 9x13 pan when ready to use.

Meat: I love to rub in a paste of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and freeze flat in a Ziploc.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 10:53 am
We’ve started sous biding in the vac packs and seasoning at the time of use. Does not work as well for bone in though. We have a dedicated machine for pesach. Good idea, actually.

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 11:43 am
ra_mom wrote:
Bone-in: Season the chicken all around, including under the skin. Pull back the skin and arrange in a gallon size Ziploc in one layer, interlocking so that it will fit into a 9x13 even when frozen. Lay flat to freeze. Remove from Ziploc in one frozen block and place in a 9x13 pan when ready to use.

Meat: I love to rub in a paste of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and freeze flat in a Ziploc.

So I make this
And I also do lemon chicken with olives and capers
I’m looking for other marinades basically

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 1:17 pm
cbg wrote:
So I make this
And I also do lemon chicken with olives and capers
I’m looking for other marinades basically

Shwarma marinade: cumin, coriander, turmeric, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt. (You can use boneless skinless chicken legs and cut into cubes. Once defrosted, thread onto skewers for shwarma chicken.)

Garlic herb marinade: basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Tomato pesto: sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, nuts optional, olive oil, salt & pepper.

Balsamic whole garlic clove chicken.

Make a low carb BBQ sauce with tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, sweetener of choice, seasonings, etc.

Cube club steak and marinate in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Once defrosted, thread onto skewers with vegetables for shish kebabs.

Cilantro onion marinade: cilantro (or parsley and scallions) onion, lime, olive oil, salt.

Smothered baked onion chicken with tons of onions sliced into rings and tossed with chicken legs along with a mixture of olive oil, dried minced onion or fresh garlic, paprika and lots of salt and pepper.

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Shwarma marinade: cumin, coriander, turmeric, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt. (You can use boneless skinless chicken legs and cut into cubes. Once defrosted, thread onto skewers for shwarma chicken.)

Tomato pesto: sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, nuts optional, olive oil, salt & pepper.

Make a low carb BBQ sauce with tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, sweetener of choice, seasonings, etc.

Cube club steak and marinate in olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Once defrosted, thread onto skewers with vegetables for shish kebabs.

Cilantro onion marinade: cilantro (or parsley and scallions) onion, lime, olive oil, salt.

Smothered baked onion chicken with tons of onions sliced into rings and tossed with chicken legs along with a mixture of olive oil, dried minced onion or fresh garlic, paprika and lots of salt and pepper.

Ooooh - yum - all is freezable raw?

cbg

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Ooh yum
All freezable raw?
What’s the balsamic garlic chicken recipe?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2021, 2:16 pm
cbg wrote:
Ooh yum
All freezable raw?
What’s the balsamic garlic chicken recipe?

Sure!
Here's the balsamic garlic chicken.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....68825

cbg

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 7:49 am
Yum
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey