Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Is it worth it to get a robot vacuum?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 2:32 pm
What do you think?

mha3484

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 2:37 pm
For me it was not because it does not do corners and your floor must be completely clear to run it. No toys or debris of any kind.

rdmom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 2:49 pm
It was the best investment I ever did.
I even got two so it could two floors at once and I don’t regret it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 3:04 pm
For me it is worth it to run while I am out of the house. It is not conducive to run while we're inside.
Also keep in mind you have to walk around and make sure everything is clear before you start it up (pick up phone charger wires etc).
I love it.

ETA: You can't leave wet mushy stuff on the floor.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

number

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 3:36 pm
Yes.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 3:41 pm
At the point in time when I am able to keep the house straightened and I just want to save time from vacuuming, absolutely!

But vacuuming is usually not even on my list of things to do, since there are far more urgent tasks - like getting Mt. Laundry into a single black diamond instead of double black, getting the dishes washed before we all need to eat with our hands or the dishes turn into colorful science experiments, and removing enough debris that there is a path from the front door to the kitchen.

I did buy one many years ago when they were in their infancy as tech creations, and it kept getting stuck under furniture or choking on things. Although it was fun to watch (and fun for baby to chase), it didn't get my house much cleaner.

tichellady

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 3:59 pm
I like ours but it does not replace regular vacuuming But since I don’t really have time to regularly vacuum it’s better than nothing

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:01 pm
Not the OP, but what brand do you recommend, specifically for people with pets. Our newest family member is cute, but he does shed. Does anyone have a Eufy?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:02 pm
IRobot Roomba and Roborock are best.

Sprinkles1

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:16 pm
tichellady wrote:
I like ours but it does not replace regular vacuuming But since I don’t really have time to regularly vacuum it’s better than nothing

This. I still vacuum my whole house every thursday, but I use this randomly throughout the week in the heavy traffic rooms instead of sweeping.

I got one on Black Friday for $70 (cheaper brand), I'm glad I didnt spend more than that. I wonder if the brand names (roomba) are really 5-10 times better.

rdmom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:20 pm
We have the Roborock. And I definitely use it instead of vacuuming. You should see the amount of dust it collects at each cleaning. I have a cleaning lady once a week. I feel that since I run my vacuum 2-3 times a week the house stays so much cleaner. Used to take my cleaning lady so long to clean cuz vacuuming took up so much of her time. Now I run the vacuum the night before she comes, and it saves her so much time.
It’s definitely been a lifesaver and saved me money too. For the cleaning lady.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:50 pm
There are the lower range ones without WiFi, medium range ones that include a mop and the super smart ones with WiFi that map your whole house and basically learn where to go over time.
I have the Yeedi, I got on sale for 108 and is now about 150, I love it! It’s not very smart so I do need to sometimes guide it into rooms wher I want it go to etc but otherwise feel like it is very well worth the price. With COVID and being home all day I would have had to sweep numerous times and this really helps and gives me the feel good feeling of a clean house so I do strongly recommend it.
I know others who have one that include a mop and they say that for the extra price point it’s basically superfluous, the mop part doesn’t work that well that it’s worth it...

asmileaday

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:58 pm
I would love to get one with mapping capabilities or one that works with borders. Right now I have a cheap one that does neither. It's ok but I don't find that I use it much. Its cleaning path is random and I can't set it to clean only one room unless there's a door.
So if I want it to vacuum my dining room it'll go all over my 1st floor and if I'm lucky it'll eventually get my dining room cleaner.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:05 pm
Absolutely worth it but only ones with mapping. The ones without it are pointless.

I never ever vacuum or sweep anymore since I got mine.
I have the roborock S5max.

sari00

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:13 pm
Cool do they mop the floors too?

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:13 pm
To keep it in one room there are special magnetic strips I can buy that block the entrance way

sari00

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:22 pm
https://www.cnet.com/news/save.....ever/

number

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 6:22 pm
newima wrote:
Cool do they mop the floors too?
Yes but it isn’t a replacement for the regular mop. It lets me push off mopping though. I have the roborock too.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 6:27 pm
The roomba 100 percent replaces vacuuming and sweeping.

number

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 6:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The roomba 100 percent replaces vacuuming and sweeping.
My Roborock mostly does but it can’t fit under the little indent next to my counters. I wouldn’t think any robot could fit there though.
Also there’s the steps.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry