Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
WWYD? son says Morah eats my snack
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:07 pm
Once in a while I give my 3 year old Bissli for snack which he loves. About 2 or 3 weeks ago he came home from gan and randomly said "Morah ate my bissli" (he said the name of the assistant in the gan) I thought that was strange and then last week again he said the same thing. Today I sent him with bissli again and when he came home he said morah ate my snack!
Im so confused, I dont know if I should believe my son. On one hand, hes only 3 and could totally be making up a story, but on the other hand why would a 3 year old make up a story like that?
I feel awkward calling his morah... If it really is true I don't mind sending another bag of bissli for the assistant too...
I just don't want my son not to have snack. I don't know what to do I wish I had a way of knowing if he's telling the truth or not.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:09 pm
Send him with one of those tongue staining lollipops.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:09 pm
Just send two bags

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:10 pm
For real?? I don't know why I find this funny, it really isn't though LOL

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:10 pm
I would call the main teacher and say your son is coming home complaining someone is eating his snack and can she look into it and get back to you about what is happening. I doubt they will tell you the truth if it is the assistant but it will likely stop.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Send him with one of those tongue staining lollipops.

LOL

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:12 pm
I had a Morah in preschool who ate our snack. She probably likes Bissli.

HeartyAppetite

Maybe she loves this snack and take a few pieces when she opens it doesn’t him.

amother
OP

amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I would call the main teacher and say your son is coming home complaining someone is eating his snack and can she look into it and get back to about what is happening. I doubt they will tell you the truth if it is the assistant but it will likely stop.

Thats not a bad idea
Thank you

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:13 pm
I’m a preschool teacher and I would never eat my students’ snacks but I definitely had an assistant in the past who would try a bite here and there. A little comical and definitely not right. I’d mention it to the teacher as someone said above.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:14 pm
Please call and find out. It is totally ok to call up respectfully and figure this out.

I'm in my 30s. When I was about 4 yrs old my Morah would bring her kids to school on Fridays and would always give them my Shabbos nosh that I brought for the party. I remember it till today. It may not sound like a big deal to us as adults, but as a 4 yr old child I felt violated that my snack was taken away and was never part of the Shabbos party.
I still have such negative vibes and a sad feeling for that vulnerable little child. This is so many years later and I still can't forget.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:15 pm
She's the Bissli snatcher. 🤪 Poor kid.

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:16 pm
I spent many years as a preschool assistant (both in legal and illegal gans fwiw) and have seen this many times. One morah requested the parents to send in their wic cheese and she would sit there and feed it to her own kids and snack on it herself. Another one would specifically eat avocado when one parent sent it in because it came from a certain store and was really good. I can go on and on but I wont. It was the worst when I worked in the 12-18 month room. I cant even.

It’s nothing short of gneiva.

OP, when parents sent snacks in tupperware or better yet, sandwich bags, it lost its appeal because it was clear the parent touched it or worse, maybe the kid did too. Start sending snacks in those cheap clear plastic sandwich bags. Trust me on this one.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:17 pm
Call the main teacher, without giving away who is eating his snack, mention to the teacher in a roundabout way that your son keeps telling you that someone is taking his snack, can the teacher see what's going on.
Like another poster said, it'll probably stop

This reminds me of a story I heard from a friend: she was wondering why her son always took extra snacks to school until he told her that the assistant was always sitting with the kids eating their leftover snack and the boys felt bad for him so they all decided to bring him extra snack.... mind you these were not 3 year old boys....they were 6 years old.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:18 pm
It sounds funny and immature, but in all seriousness it's disgusting for someone entrusted with a young child to take advantage of them, even in this small way. If it's true, I can imagine how helpless the child must feel, as Royal blue described.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:18 pm
I would send to bags and put a note on the second with her name on it with something to the extent that you heard these are her favorites, Dovid's too, enjoy!

Java

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:19 pm
Laugh I'm getting flashbacks to working as a daycamp counselor in high school when we would ATTACK the shabbos party nosh on Fridays (After the kids all got obviously)
I don't know why we didn't send the extras back, I guess we just assumed that the moms wouldn't care

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:21 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I'm in my 30s. When I was about 4 yrs old my Morah would bring her kids to school on Fridays and would always give them my Shabbos nosh that I brought for the party. I remember it till today. It may not sound like a big deal to us as adults, but as a 4 yr old child I felt violated that my snack was taken away and was never part of the Shabbos party.
I still have such negative vibes and a sad feeling for that vulnerable little child. This is so many years later and I still can't forget.

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and hormonal, but your story made me tear up. I'm so sorry that happened.

Good luck sorting this out OP, I hope you are able to. If an adult is eating your child's snack, that is terrible!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:23 pm
watergirl wrote:
I spent many years as a preschool assistant (both in legal and illegal gans fwiw) and have seen this many times. One morah requested the parents to send in their wic cheese and she would sit there and feed it to her own kids and snack on it herself. Another one would specifically eat avocado when one parent sent it in because it came from a certain store and was really good. I can go on and on but I wont. It was the worst when I worked in the 12-18 month room. I cant even.

It’s nothing short of gneiva.

OP, when parents sent snacks in tupperware or better yet, sandwich bags, it lost its appeal because it was clear the parent touched it or worse, maybe the kid did too. Start sending snacks in those cheap clear plastic sandwich bags. Trust me on this one.

Good idea! Will do
and oyyyy to those stories...so unfair when kids are taken advantage of.
Its so hard to send our little kids away for the whole day and we have no clue if they even get to eat the food we packed for them

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 5:27 pm
She didn’t eat the whole thing.
She just took 2 pieces and he felt so proud that he shared with morah.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers