Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood Food Boxes Locations
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 6:58 pm
Does anyone know the time and locations for the food boxes distribution in Lakewood?

alwayscooking

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:00 pm
Look on hefkervelt.com

fcy

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:08 pm
Or hefkervelt.blogspot.com

New-Mom

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:15 pm
thanks! any idea which location gives the best boxes?

mommybrr

Post Thu, Feb 04 2021, 7:55 pm
Best is relative! Depends on ur family food preferences. Honestly every week the boxes are diff and sometimes I find them more useful than others.
Klausenberg boxes are very generous .
Out to Lunch boxes are pretty good.
Gelbsteins tend to have less typical foods (I haven't tried them in a few months)
Never tried the others which are listed.
I look at it as a nice extra and whatever I cant use there is always a neighbor or relative who is happy to take the food.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 6:01 pm
mommybrr wrote:
Best is relative! Depends on ur family food preferences. Honestly every week the boxes are diff and sometimes I find them more useful than others.
Klausenberg boxes are very generous .
Out to Lunch boxes are pretty good.
Gelbsteins tend to have less typical foods (I haven't tried them in a few months)
Never tried the others which are listed.
I look at it as a nice extra and whatever I cant use there is always a neighbor or relative who is happy to take the food.

would you know when Klausenberg gives? and where to pick up?
Thanks!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 8:33 pm
Where do you get out to lunch boxes?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:03 pm
(How come there are food boxes in Lakewood, but no more in Brooklyn? Is NJ continuing paying for kids' lunches? Are public schools only learning remotely?)

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
would you know when Klausenberg gives? and where to pick up?
Thanks!

They started doing just a delivery service. You have to sign up and they deliver it. Its already done for this week.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:26 pm
Im also wondering about Boro Park. I haven't received any food boxes since the summer. Any idea why we aren't getting anymore?????
Or are their still places that give, just I don't know about?

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
They started doing just a delivery service. You have to sign up and they deliver it. Its already done for this week.

How do I sign up?
Thanks again!

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:53 pm
The lunches are in lieu of subsidized free lunches served in school. Aren't most yeshivas and other Jewish schools in session in NYC. They wouldn't be able to use funding to hand out food since the money is used to prepare the food served to the students.

I don't know how Lakewood funded their lunches as they seemed to be more funded by community donations and are in addition to school lunches.

Maybe someone who is familiar with how Lakewood funds the boxes can offer some insight.

This is just a surmise based on how picking up food was being funded. It was an exemption that was carved out since normally the food is supposed to be eaten on premises.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 9:53 pm
[quote="amother [ Ruby ]"]How do I sign up?
Thanks again![/quote
I didnt try it but know someone that did. There was a link for it on hefkervelt.blogspot.com

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:07 pm
Amarante wrote:
The lunches are in lieu of subsidized free lunches served in school. Aren't most yeshivas and other Jewish schools in session in NYC. They wouldn't be able to use funding to hand out food since the money is used to prepare the food served to the students.

I don't know how Lakewood funded their lunches as they seemed to be more funded by community donations and are in addition to school lunches.

Maybe someone who is familiar with how Lakewood funds the boxes can offer some insight.

This is just a surmise based on how picking up food was being funded. It was an exemption that was carved out since normally the food is supposed to be eaten on premises.

Kids who are not in school yet can get these boxes. Kids in school can get for Shabbos and Sunday

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:08 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

Do you know what is in it?

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:10 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Kids who are not in school yet can get these boxes. Kids in school can get for Shabbos and Sunday

But who is funding it.

In NY, the funding is for school lunches and not for weekend meals. Are individual schools in NYC still providing lunches for children younger than school age and for weekends.

Not begrudging the food but wondering at how it is funded.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:20 pm
Amarante wrote:
But who is funding it.

In NY, the funding is for school lunches and not for weekend meals. Are individual schools in NYC still providing lunches for children younger than school age and for weekends.

it definitely seems to be government funded and I believe other places in nj have the program as well

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:23 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
it definitely seems to be government funded and I believe other places in nj have the program as well

As I originally posted, I think funding food is wonderful but just trying to understand why NYC would be different than Lakewood.

I don't think it still is Federal funding so it must be either state or city. And wasn't there a bit of subsidy from private sources - I remember Lakewood had very subsidized Pesach boxes.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:26 pm
The govt is funding breakfast and lunch for the rest of the school year. In lkwd you can get for the days the kids dont get lunch in school which is friday,shabbos and sunday. Young kids in playgroup that dont get in school can get for 7 days. In addition there are no lunch fees from the schools this year because the govt is paying for everyone...even if not eligible for free or reduced lunch.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 17 2021, 10:29 pm
Amarante wrote:
But who is funding it.

Government funded

One kids school sends home a weekend bag with a couple of items for over the weekend. Apparently the program is not limited to days school is in session
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries