Home

Freeze Duck Sauce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 4:44 am
Can I freeze duck sauce?
I'm leaving my house for a weeks and I'm only keeping my second freezer plugged in. Have a big jar of duck sauce that was recently opened. Can I freeze it?

amother

Copper

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 6:16 am
While I can't say from experience - I've never frozen duck sauce plain - I have frozen sauces that are duck sauce based and they always came out fine.

I would freeze it in small amounts so you can it as you use it. Prob better for texture and will last longer that way.

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 10:17 am
Why not? It is already a cooked mushy sauce so there would be no loss of texture and it would be safe after defrosting. I don't think it will become completely hard the way ice cream does - I have no experience but I am basing this on how other softer stuff freezes like cookies with raspberry jam (Linzer cookies). Smile

I would remove it from the jar as I don't like freezing jars because I am worried about breaking in the freezer.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen