Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you clean...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 6:24 am
If you don't have a cleaning lady, how do you clean your toilet seats and bathroom sinks?
Wipes?
Spray and paper towels?
Cloth dipped in bucket?
Other?

I had a cleaning lady before this lockdown and she sprayed the whole bathroom with cleanser then used the shower head and sponges and cloths. I used wipes in between. But now that she hasn't been coming I'm trying to figure out what regular ppl use.

Thanks!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 6:49 am
Wipes that are specifically for cleaning a bathroom.

bsy

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 7:12 am
I use clorox/lysol wipes for the toilet

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 7:17 am
Fantastic and softscrub. I scrub down the bath tub and toilet and wipe with rags.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Fantastic and softscrub. I scrub down the bath tub and toilet and wipe with rags.

Same here

tweety1

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:24 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

When I didn't have a cleaning lady I did this Evey few weeks. Otherwise I used Lysol/Clorox wipes a few times a week.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:49 pm
I like Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser for the tub, Lysol Power Toilet Cleaner for the toilet bowl, and Mr. Clean for the floor and surfaces.

But this also works very well and is easy to use for the bathroom.
https://www.target.com/p/scrub.....aw.ds

Marigold

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:07 pm
I personally found the following regimen cleans and disinfects the best.
A Bucket with water and mr clean. I use barkeepers friend for the tub and Clorox spray and soft scrub for the rest, making sure to dip the cloth into the bucket of water multiple times so that no bleach residue is left over. I use a scrub brush or toothbrush for the areas that have grout (floors, around the tub) to keep the original color. My bathrooms that are fully tiled I try to wash once a month from top to bottom.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 1:13 pm
I put water and Mr clean in a spray bottle and spray it all up. For bowl I use a toilet brush, for tub a scrub brush, and the rest I wipe away with a cloth.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 2:31 am
Thanks!

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 2:39 am
For a deep cleaning around the seams of the toilet, is a steam machine. Works amazingly to remove the gunk and smell.
BTW, a steam machine is the best investment to clean all around the house (especially for erev pesach).
I have Model MC1275 from McCulloch. Worth every penny.

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Feb 07 2021, 5:38 am
Fantastik bathroom cleaner and wipe with a rag. I do this once a week. Once in a while ill use Ajax for a deeper clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry