Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What is wrong with people?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 11:10 am
Just a vent. I'm normally not even home during the day but boruch Hashem had a baby a couple days ago. I don't sleep all during the day at all. happens to be I was up a lot last night. I happen to have dozed off this morning. All of a sudden I heard loud knocks on the door. I checked my cameras, and didn't recognize the person so decided to ignore it. (I was still in pajamas, wasn't wearing my lenses, etc) The person did not stop banging for 6 minutes straight. Then started ringing the doorbell a million times in a row. I finally put on my lenses and put on something normal so I can go downstairs and open the door and saw them put down a bag of food. I opened the door to see what it was, and she runs back and tells me oh I was supposed to knock on the on the back door. Why don't people check their orders before knocking on people's doors and if someone doesn't answer after so many times either leave it or just go, obviously they're not interested in opening the door for you. it was a delivery service from a local restaurant that I Guess my tenants ordered from. I checked my cameras afterwards, she was there for a full 10 minutes banging and ringing the doorbell.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 11:17 am
That's so frustrating! I hope you are able to rest up. Mazal tov on your new baby!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:03 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
That's so frustrating! I hope you are able to rest up. Mazal tov on your new baby!

Thanks. Well she got me up....I guess I wasn't supposed to sleep this morning. I just don't understand where people's basic manners are. it doesn't matter what's happening on the other side of the door, you don't bang and ring on someone's door for 10 minutes straight without stopping. If they don't answer the door, obviously they can't answer.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Well she got me up....I guess I wasn't supposed to sleep this morning. I just don't understand where people's basic manners are. it doesn't matter what's happening on the other side of the door, you don't bang and ring on someone's door for 10 minutes straight without stopping. If they don't answer the door, obviously they can't answer.

This. Tzedaka collectors do this so many times, you can lose your mind! Banging and ringing on end, why do they think they'd get something if they behave like this?

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:11 pm
Wow that is so hard. Mazel Tov on your new baby.

Let’s look at the other side.
Someone ordered $100s of dollars of food. They were supposed to be home to accept the delivery. Here you have the person delivering. If she leaves the food it could get eaten by animals and wasted. If she leave with it, she gets complaints and her boss gets angry and she has to go back and has a full schedule. She made a mistake by not reading the note. But other than that, she is between a rock and a hard place.

Crookshanks

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:11 pm
It's super frustrating. It could be though that this specific restaurant uses people with social/behavioral challenges to deliver packages and things like that. Could be this specific person just didn't know proper protocol.

MommyM

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Wow that is so hard. Mazel Tov on your new baby.

Let’s look at the other side.
Someone ordered $100s of dollars of food. They were supposed to be home to accept the delivery. Here you have the person delivering. If she leaves the food it could get eaten by animals and wasted. If she leave with it, she gets complaints and her boss gets angry and she has to go back and has a full schedule. She made a mistake by not reading the note. But other than that, she is between a rock and a hard place.

When you place an order for food, you usually give them a phone number. If the person doesn't answer the door right away, they should give them a call instead of banging on the door for ten minutes straight.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:19 pm
MommyM wrote:
When you place an order for food, you usually give them a phone number. If the person doesn't answer the door right away, they should give them a call instead of banging on the door for ten minutes straight.

This is what stores in my community as well as Ubereats/doordash does. They usually call 2-3 minutes before they arrive.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:25 pm
I actually emailed the restaurant. And told them they should speak to their drivers. They told me it's a third party cab company and they will speak to them.
And happens to be, I've ordered from this place before, there's always a phone number on it The person should have just called

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 12:27 pm
I'm inspired by this story to put up a sign on my door about being kimpatorin

shanie5

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 10:31 pm
Last week we found 4 bags of groceries at our front door. We thought maybe it was the tenants, but they messaged me about the bags-not theirs. It was cold, so we left it on the porch overnight-hopefully whoever was waiting for it woud call the store and the mistake would be realized. We called the neighbors on each side of us-and it wasn;t theirs. Even tried the same address # around the corner (a friend of ours), but not theirs either. We checked the bag-no receipt. The name of the chain store on the bags was not a local store. Nearest one is 70 miles away!
The bag was still there in the morning. I texted the details to our LOR and asked if we can just keep the groceries. He said yes. So we got some nice quality fruits and a few other items free. We still have no idea who they were meant for.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Feb 06 2021, 11:14 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Last week we found 4 bags of groceries at our front door. We thought maybe it was the tenants, but they messaged me about the bags-not theirs. It was cold, so we left it on the porch overnight-hopefully whoever was waiting for it woud call the store and the mistake would be realized. We called the neighbors on each side of us-and it wasn;t theirs. Even tried the same address # around the corner (a friend of ours), but not theirs either. We checked the bag-no receipt. The name of the chain store on the bags was not a local store. Nearest one is 70 miles away!
The bag was still there in the morning. I texted the details to our LOR and asked if we can just keep the groceries. He said yes. So we got some nice quality fruits and a few other items free. We still have no idea who they were meant for.

The same thing happened to me. We called around to the neighbors and to the supermarket. The supermarket said they couldn't do anything about it.
We kept a few things, but most of the things were not kosher so we passed them on to the housekeeper.
OP, sorry for your frustration. I've been there. Hopefully this is not a regular occurrence.
Mazel tov on the baby!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette