Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Attending a Festival

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 3:04 pm
My niece will be performing at her school festival. My sil invited the sibs and bought tickets for whoever was in. Who's responsible to pay for the tickets? Me or my sil..wondering.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 3:09 pm
When she invited you, did she say how much the tickets are? If yes, then it means that she was expecting you to pay.

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 3:13 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
When she invited you, did she say how much the tickets are? If yes, then it means that she was expecting you to pay.

As long as she hadn't already bought them before asking. If she said, "I bought ten tickets! We'd love for you to come!", it's on her to pay and that was the plan. In a situation like that, I'll sometimes tell someone the price so they can know that it's low enough for them not to feel bad that I paid.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Feb 05 2021, 3:14 pm
If she got tickets for you, it usually means that you're not expected to pay. If she would've wanted you to pay, she would've asked you if you want to buy a ticket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics