Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Help me organize my kitchen!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:32 am
Can you please tell me, very detailed, how your super organized kitchen is organized.
I am very good at copying. I will see how I can incorporate in my own house.
Extra credit for pictures Smile

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:41 am
Make it user friendly. For example, you know which counter you end up using the most for your cooking. The spices should all be right there so it's easy- either in the cabinet right above that counter or the drawer right below that counter.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you please tell me, very detailed, how your super organized kitchen is organized.
I am very good at copying. I will see how I can incorporate in my own house.
Extra credit for pictures Smile

Check out organizers on instagrams. Their highlights and stories have tons of info. Examples:
https://www.instagram.com/real.....hl=en
https://www.instagram.com/orga.....hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/miri.....hl=en

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 11:02 am
These are great, thank you!
I wonder what ppl have done themselves too!
Please post!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 12:47 pm
For me personally, I don't like using containers in the kitchen. Except for one full shelf of jars for grains, because they mostly come in bags and make a mess. Like jars for white rice, short grain brown, sushi rice, barley, cholent beans, popcorn kernels, yeast...

What I do like to do is group things together and designate different shelves for different items. In the pantry I use 1 shelf for cereal; the boxes they come in all line up nicely together. A shelf for boxes of pasta and matzah that all stay organized together. One shelf for cans. One for jars.

Spices on one separate long shelf in the cabinet above cooking area. Above that shelf, are more cooking products that aren't spices. Above that, the jars of grains for cooking.

One separate cabinet for baking.

I have lots of cabinets BH and they aren't too deep, so I can separate everything neatly. But if you have big deep shelves, then you will need more separation and baskets.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 12:59 pm
Make a separate cooking cabinet and baking cabinet.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 10:54 pm
I keep in corner cabinet over sink with built in tiered lazy susan baking products which is also next to stove/ oven.
Baking powder, baking soda, vanilla sugar, extracts, sprinkles, choco chips, brown sugar etc All in original pourable cans/canisters.
In freezer I keep stuff not to get infested, (if it's checked, vaccum packed it can go in pantry) flour, rice, beans, barley, split peas, spices, soup mixes.
In pantry. One shelf cereal. One shelf large snack bags. One shelf small snacks in a basket, choco/candy. One shelf, dry things like crackers, rice cake, matzah.
One shelf plastic plates & plastic cutlery in a holder that transfers to table at dinner, straws.
One shelf, cans including tuna
One shelf cooking ing like pasta, farfel, orzo, jello mix, pudding mix,
Floor shelf, high space,extras of large drink bottles, oil bottles, grape juice, sometimes boxes of plastic tablecloths standing upright.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 10:58 pm
Other side over sink tiered lazy susan vitamins/medicines
Dairy side on top of perculator is a cabinet shelf with coffee, teas, hot cocoa, splenda packets in a lucite holder that holds packets upright. When have guests put it next to hot water. Small sugar holder.

dankbar

Post Mon, Feb 08 2021, 11:03 pm
On top of freezer/ cabinet party goods, foil pans, plastic containers, napkins,

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 6:03 am
I have a lot of spices. I have an epoxy shelf unit on the inside of one of the cupboard doors.
Baking sheets and 9x13 pans are in a standing unit.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 8:36 am
I'm loving all the replies, thank you!!
How do you have a standing unit for 9x13?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics