Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
South bend, Indiana
Previous  1  2

shaimac1

Post Wed, Feb 10 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its a really nice community I know families who have moved from Chicago to SB due to the lower cost of living and smaller community feel and they love it. Its definitely more just plain frum. The day school accommodates everyone and the classes are co-ed until 5th grade. If you want a voucher state with a great children's hospital and a community that separates the classes younger I would look into Cincinnati.

is the coed until 5th grade accurate?[/quote]
It depends on the class my son is in third grade and they are separate for Kodesh and together for English...and the kids starting in 1st grade don't really play with the opposite gender!

Been living here for awhile happy to answer more questions! And I have lived in Chicago Smile

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Feb 21 2021, 11:31 am
We love living in South Bend. But before you make your decision, do your due diligence about the day school. Some parents have been very unhappy the past few years. There are some FANTASTIC teachers in the school. And also some...much less than fantastic. Depending on what grade they're in, your children may end up being very unhappy here...

06/21 update: Unfortunately several of those fantastic teachers have either left, are leaving, or are reducing their hours. So the ratio of good vs not so good teachers is unfortunately not looking great. Personally, some of our kids were very miserable in school this year. There will be many new teachers next year, so we can pray that they will be good...

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Feb 22 2021, 10:31 pm
Someone in town is moving and wants to sell to a frum person it's a nice size so if anyone is serious about moving from the NY tri-state area, act fast!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating