Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Budgeting
1  2  3  Next

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:44 am
I would like advice on how to budget because I dont have a job and my dh dosnt ,so I get benifits and it finishes a few days after ,and after that I have to ask my parents and he asks his, so its very hard ,what should I do .

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:46 am
102345 wrote:
I would like advice on how to budget because I dont have a job and my dh dosnt ,so I get benifits and it finishes a few days after ,and after that I have to ask my parents and he asks his, so its very hard ,what should I do .

Is there a reason why neither of you have a job? How do you expect to live? There's nothing to budget with if you have no income.

lk1234

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:50 am
102345 wrote:

Are you both disabled?

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:51 am
You’re at the stage where you need to find income.
Then you can start to budget.

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:52 am
because I hade a child not long ago , and dh just can not find one due to lack of education today its hard to find normal jobs without studing in collage ,

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:53 am
102345 wrote:
because I hade a child not long ago , and dh just can not find one due to lack of education today its hard to find normal jobs without studing in collage ,

Any job is better than no job.
He can be an Uber driver, etc. while looking for something else.

Meanwhile this is a good time to be on unemployment....which if you receive then we can talk about budgeting.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:56 am
102345 wrote:

This is a lousy excuse. Countless chassidish men have good jobs without an education. He should take any job instead of sitting home with folded hands. Same for you. Where do you live? There are loads of jobs listed in the classifieds.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total

hodeez

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:57 am
He can be a tutor, chazan, cashier, something with manual labor and study on the side so he can work towards a better job. Maybe you can sell something on the side.

Java

102345 wrote:

What's your long term plan?
Like one poster said above, you can't budget without income. If you have no income, it's called SURVIVAL- as in buy exactly what you need and nothing more than that, no extras or splurges ("wants")

baby12x

1. add up all your bills
2. Add up all the money you spent in the last month
3. Do your best to find any sort of job that covers of much of 1&2 as you can. (If your husband can't work then you work and he watches baby)
4. See if you can cut 1&2 as much as you can
5. Look into job training/school for you and your husband

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:58 am
he tried a lot of jobs and it was not for him and he is scared that he may go out of the next one

ez-pass

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 11:59 am
There are many people have jobs with no college education. That's like totally not an excuse. Is there something he likes to do? In this situation, you take any job possible until you find something you really like.
Did you work before you had a baby? Can you get unemployment? Disability? Paid family leave?
Do you have any other kids? How do you plan on supporting your family....?

Java

102345 wrote:
he tried a lot of jobs and it was not for him and he is scared that he may go out of the next one

What kind of jobs did he try? Why were they not for him?
What do you mean by go out of? get fired?

Blessing1

102345 wrote:

What does he have in mind? What does he want to do? Is he not taking certain jobs because "es past eim nisht"- it's below his ego?
Matzah bakeries pay nice and they're looking for people now, it's a good in between job.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

hodeez

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:00 pm
102345 wrote:

He doesn't exactly have the luxury of cherry picking what's good for him. He needs to feed his family.

Java

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:00 pm
ez-pass wrote:
There are many people have jobs with no college education. That's like totally not an excuse. Is there something he likes to do? In this situation, you take any job possible until you find something you really like.
Did you work before you had a baby? Can you get unemployment? Disability? Paid family leave?
Do you have any other kids? How do you plan on supporting your family....?

Unfortunately this seems to be way too common... people don't plan and then get surprised when they suddenly aren't making ends meet

Blessing1

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:03 pm
cutestbaby wrote:
Unfortunately this seems to be way too common... people don't plan and then get surprised when they suddenly aren't making ends meet

I don't think it's that common. Most people have some sort of plan and take on any job to bring in income. There are also people that their official plan is to live off programs & beg others for money, but it's not the norm.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:03 pm
1. Write down total income for month. Include family support if it is a steady income.

2. cover rent first

3. then utilities: gas, electric, heat

4. then food. Buy the cheapest food: beans, rice, eggs, bread, pasta, potatoes

5. Eliminate all non-vital expenses - no buying clothing, lattes, electronics, eating out, etc.

There are gmachs for second hand clothing in excellent condition. Also furniture and household appliance

Look for ways to increase income - even temporary jobs.

Can you babysit? Tutor?

Last edited by #BestBubby on Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:14 pm
There are handy jobs like electrician, plumber, construction, repairs, lock smith, low voltage. Some can be done if handy, others with minimal courses.

Cashiers, shelf stockers, delivery, warehouse managers, shipping & receiving orders

Bus driver, truck driver, car service, messenger services.

Salesmen, distributors, secrataries, buyers, bookkeepers, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, taking orders on phone, telemarketing, graphics, advertisements.

Buying & selling property, building/rental management, insurance broker.

Amazon sellers.

Most of these jobs don't need degrees. Some might benefit from short courses.

There are usually govt funded free training/courses to get jobs or Unemployment dept can guide you where to get courses.

Computer programming, editing, retail/wholesale selling products, mfg prod, importing products

All these are jobs many chassidishe people do without college degrees

watergirl

Post Tue, Feb 09 2021, 12:31 pm
102345 wrote:

You said your benefits are ending soon. How old is your baby? Can you bring the baby with you to a babysitting job? Many people are happy to hire a sitter for long term jobs (ie every day from 9-4, etc). And bring the baby. In home playgroups also allow mothers to bring their babies.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains